AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Why some model disappear even though they were can make alot of money ?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
because camming isn't for them.

Do you mean that you or even a group of you are interested in spending and yet they disappear?

If so will let the models here answer you... it is all about split camming.

Because... Money isn't everything.

Life lesson of the day.

People used to always say to me "If I could earn the amount you make per hour I would work constantly", and yeah, that seems logical if saving cash is your goal, except I cammed so that I could live in the moment and get extra time in the day, not so I could save shed loads for the future or live a luxurious lifestyle. Everyone is different, and sure, I occasionally kick myself for it, but I know I would choose life first again and again. Plus, camming can be a real mental strain and incredibly isolating. Not everyone wants that for themselves and not everyone can handle it. It also is not necessarily a job you can do for the rest of your life, so while you can earn good money, you could also use your most employable years on a job that society does not accept and not be able to get employment later in life.

Why does anybody quit any decent-paying job? Why? There must be one universal reason. The fact that everybody has different circumstances dictating their personal decisions and places varying degrees of importance on money and has different moral values and different responsibilities and different comfort zones and different likes and dislikes and different experiences doing the same job... all of that probably isn't a factor. No, there must be one, singular reason why cam models quit, and I demand to know what it is.

There are a variety of reasons why a cam girl will leave. I'm thinking about taking a break myself, sex work is draining.

Yes, it's good money and yes, it's fun. But it's a lot of hard work and it's not "easy" money at all. When you factor in the amount of hours you put in to camming, creating clips, and promoting its like you're working overtime.

The hard work does pay off, but it's easy to get burned out as well.

Sometimes, switching your profession is best for your mental health. After all self cat is the best care. :)

My favorite is when some one started their own company. And the company is now so successful they don't need to cam.
I think it's quite common for cam performers to use their earnings to fund a new business venture!

I used to have this really nice job. I was being paid over 20 an hour, always had overtime available, I had great benefits, and I got to work from home. Thing was, it was making me miserable. I never went home from the job. I felt like I was on the clock all the time.

Sometimes I regret quitting. I miss that fucking insurance. But it was soul crushing work. That's camming for some people. Money is so fucking nice. Not wanting to jump into oncoming traffic is also nice.

I took a year off from camming because my first few months were a dramatic learning curve because I sort of threw myself into it. I started off on MFC and had read and been told by some cam models that MFC is a really hard site to start on, and boy were they right :speechless: I used the time off cam to do as much learning as I could. Took some time to learn the art of seduction and what exactly I wanted to bring to the table. I also used the time to become more comfortable with myself and my own sexual desires and fantasies, and figured out how to incorporate that into my time on cam.
What I'm saying is, some models just need a break and eventually come back. But some find that it's just not for them. The possibilities for WHY they would stop camming are endless and very personal.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I have been awfully patchy with being online for the last 6-7 months and all my regulars ask me where I have been or when am I coming back, and I have felt awful for just disappearing.

But for me I disappeared because of well... life.
I have moved probably 5 times in the last year due to all sorts of unavoidable reasons. I have had major issues having a solid internet connection ( some places I had to stay either had internet or not) for 3 months I tried to cam off a prepaid dongle but it ended up not being very profitable doing it that way.

I also study at uni full time so when exams or assignments roll in then I can be simply too exhausted to even think about camming.

Finally now I have a stable living arrangement and internet I can focus on camming again :) and my regulars are happy to see me back :) I'm still getting asked where the hell I went though lol

My camscore had never been higher, this year has been excellent for me, but I still stopped camming. Personal reasons, that really isn't anyone's business but my own.

Hello! It's good to know that you're okay, and that it was your decision to stop. I'll miss you, because it was a nice company for a few nights, over the internet. Thank you very much. I wish many happiness, peace and prosperity.

I believe that this job is not for everyone. Amongst wonderful people who love and support you, sometimes you get stalkers, people who threaten you, people who will recognize you or pure bullies who will try and make your life a living hell just for their own entertainment. Dealing with all this shit takes nerve, thick skin and ambition. So yeah, some freak out and disappear.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Status
Not open for further replies.