AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Will New CB API for Bots Allow Developers to Read PM and Tip Notes?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
I remember vaguely reading recently that CB was about to expand its API to give developers the ability to see more private content in a room. What are the details on that? Will developers be able to read messages in tip notes and also in PM with the model?

You may be referring to the new Events API. This feature is controlled by an auth token that grants access to all data generated in your room (but not in others). So it works similarly to the auth token in the OBS. I understand that with this API you can build or connect to any kind of web or local app that retrieves and analyzes data from your sessions. This may be used to generate statistics, logs, etc. and also to connect Lovense toys or OBS extensions with no need have any plugin in your Chrome.

You can find the documentation here: https://chaturbate.com/apps/api/docs/index.html

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Thanks @noiett. So as long as you are only using CB Bots and Apps those will not have access to PM and tip notes. But if someone develops an external application - and you grant it access to the model's account through a token - that will have access to everything.

What is a little scary about this is that if someone convinced the model to generate a token, that person could plug in a third party application that runs outside the room. The model might never know she is being observed and all comments in PM are compromised. Realistically, would many models ever bother to review their tokens for third party apps? I think CB should work on notifying the model during her broadcast when third party apps are accessing the API. I think it is also clear they should work on providing tokens with restricted access. A toy does not need to read your private messages.

Well, this is a brand new API. Access scopes have been suggested in the comments with different upvotes. I think it's quite likely that they will implement it at some point.

By the way, CB bots can read tip notes from users.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
Status
Not open for further replies.