AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Wishlist Purchases and Addresses?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PRfectPeaches

Inactive Cam Model
Nov 10, 2011
Canada
Ok I have an Issue, I used the universal wishlist, and I just realized that each item doesn't get linked to amazon, meaning if someone wants to buy something for me I have to give him my address. Is there anyway, without getting a P.O. that I can protect my address and still receive items?

I hope so, I don't want to spend 270 bucks for a P.O box for 3 months. :S

Humps and Giggles
Peaches

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is when there is a problem with delivery of the item. I once had to contact Amazon because a gift never arrived. They nicely reshipped the item BUT...

...they sent to me an email confirmation which included the models full name and address. :twocents-02cents:

Reactions: PRfectPeaches
Wow that price for a po box is just terrible. I checked at the post office here and was told I can have a year for 120 :shock:

Nordling said:
Go for emailed gift cards only and avoid actual merchandise.

I agree, and that is what I do. I just accept e-gift cards. No worrying about if the guy will somehow get ahold of my address, and no having to spend money on a P.O. Box. :thumbleft:

PRfectPeaches said:
I think I may just start using that edenfantasies site looks good and secure, only issue is the cost to ship to canada, thinking it may discourage buyers.

Shipping cost doubles the price of anything I ever ship to Canada because of taxes.

Gift cards is a good option, but it seems like guys are more satisfied buying the specific item because they know you'll actually get that then spend the money on something else. That's been my experience at least!

I got a UPS box for $70 for 6 months and it's been worth every penny, you can even use your model name for delivery which the post office didn't let me do.

Where do you live? My PO box was $80 for 6months and that was only because I do not have two ID's. The other PO box I looked at was $40 for 6months but I needed two picture ID's so I couldn't get it.

Reactions: DudeExtreme
I'm in Ontario Canada, the post office box price is outrageous i can't believe it $270 for 3 months egh! I'm going to call UPS tomorrow I hope their not crazy expensive too. I sold a pair of panties today, then i realized the price i sold them for doesn't even cover the cost of sending them out :sad1: another noob move for Peaches

I'm also in Ontario Canada and have rented a p.o box for $90.00 for 3months from UPS. That's the cost for a personal mailbox but they allowed me to use an alias to receive packages. A business mailbox costs slightly more.

PRfectPeaches said:
Omg that is so much better than Canada Post!! also my parents are postal workers....and my dad's gf is a 'casual' so she gets shipped around alot....I'd hate for her to deliver my sex toys XD
Oh my god, I nearly fell out of my chair until I realized the correct context of the underlined. :lol:

Reactions: JickyJuly
Chamaeleon said:
One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is when there is a problem with delivery of the item. I once had to contact Amazon because a gift never arrived. They nicely reshipped the item BUT...

...they sent to me an email confirmation which included the models full name and address. :twocents-02cents:

Wow.....

Yeah, I remember other models having a discussion on how buyers CAN get ahold of your address.

I've had a few guys ask me if I have a wish list, and when I tell them no (but I love e-gift cards), it pretty much wraps up the conversation because they don't want to buy me the e-gift card instead. Hmmm.....so much for wanting to put a smile on my face. LOL.

CannaMiss said:
Gift cards is a good option, but it seems like guys are more satisfied buying the specific item because they know you'll actually get that then spend the money on something else.

You're right about that, and I've seen guys make that comment. But I'd think that if they REALLY want to put a smile on your face, they'd realize that the e-gift card (allowing you to buy anything you want) would also put a smile on your face. :) And, of course, you can still take a 'thank you' photo holding the item(s), if you want.

Hi Peaches !
After reading this I went to rate/check out your profile etc...
A suggestion.... I was going to check out the places/ stuff you had listed.
Your list box appears to be a jpeg and as such, none of the addys are clickable or even able to be highlighted/copy/paste to the browser. Having easily usable web addys will get you more of what you want. I don't know many "heat of the moment buyer" guys here that will bother to manually type in a 50+ character address to do a 'go see' of the wanted presents... :-D

I'm such a gift weasel that I don't really mind the address risk. :shifty: A couple of times, the Amazon paperwork has listed the buyer's real name. So, the risk is even maybe? Maybe things would feel different if I lived alone and without my giant dog. Hehe. I feel it's more likely for some weirdo to follow me home from the grocery store than it is for one of my dudes to buy gifts with ill intent.

I don't want to open up another can of worms, but paypal is also an option two electronics retailers accept this form of payment, newegg.ca and tigerdirect.ca. If you are looking for tools of the trade the ecode gift card on amazon is a good option, but I also found an online sex toy store which sold gift certificates. I would give them a call detailing your privacy concerns and see if they would be willing to keep the certificate in store of email you the appropriate codes for your transaction. I would be hesitant to utilize amazon.com as the import duties might cause added stress. PayPal has restrictions on use of their service so I would confer with other models before you make a mistake which may compromise an account, as well it could be another privacy issue. Another thing I have done in the past is utilized a border postal receiving office, it's like a private post office which collects shipments and you pay 3-6$ per package the one I used was also offering post office boxes at 10$ per/month. Here is one in Buffalo http://www.cbiusa.com/services.php Contact them to find out if your actual name is necessary, maybe your pay stub with your id might work?

The websites I found are linked below.

toys
http://www.comeasyouare.com/default/ind ... s/#GIFT-50
electronics
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/
http://www.newegg.ca/
If you were to get a post office/UPS box these are great options
http://cardswap.ca/
http://giftcertificates.ca/default.asp?

There are restrictions on deliveries to p.o. boxes, so research before you commit to a lengthy rental.

Status
Not open for further replies.