AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Working multiple sites... some etiquette to remember

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 27, 2011
I was reminded of some etiquette models should remember if they're working multiple sites by a model who shall remain nameless in this post, but who broke all sorts of etiquette the other day.

I know she works MFC and Chaturbate at the same time. I know she makes more on Chaturbate than she does on MFC (her camscore has been on steady decline over the past few months). But, there are certain things she should have remembered.

She went group on MFC. All fine and dandy. However, during her group, she was typing to her Chaturbate room, attempting to get people on there to tip to keep her cam open and such, which became quite obvious when the Chaturbate tip sounds started coming in. She also doesn't talk in her room, so after every Chaturbate tip, you'd see her type something (probably thank you).

In short, she was paying more attention to the Chaturbate room, trying to get people to tip in there, over the people who were already paying to be in her group on MFC. Needless to say, her group count started dwindling very fast, the more it became apparent she wasn't paying attention to the paying people on MFC. Then she turned her cam off on MFC when the group ended, and continued doing her thing on Chaturbate (I looked to see what she was doing at this point).

I should also point out, that when she goes group or private on Chaturbate, she has no qualms about completely turning off her cam on MFC immediately, without giving MFC members the chance to tip or such to keep her cam open there. I have her on my perv list, so it's fairly easy to see how often her cam goes off by the homepage menu (and in my case, since I open rooms and PMs in separate windows, I can see her avatar on my homepage at the same time I am chatting with others).

But, this breaks all sorts of proper etiquette one should remember when working multiple sites.

1. If a model gets taken private or group on one site (however each site works it is different), while working another at the same time, then the model should simply set himself/herself away on the other site(s) or temporarily close the other site's cam/room(s).

2. The model should not attempt to get people on the other site to spend money to see what is going on at the expense of the person or persons who are already paying on the one site.

3. The model should not pay more attention to the site where he/she is trying to get potential tips over the site that people are already paying to get a group or private. This is especially true if one is in a private show, where the person paying is expecting the model's full attention (this also can go towards models who PM other members during a private or text or whatnot). At that point, the person in the private is paying, and attention should be focused on them and that private, not other chat sites or other members (or people over texts). Even if the model is bored, he/she should at least give the appearance of staying interested; that's just good business sense in this line of work.

By not following these common sense 'rules' during groups or privates, the model comes off as rude to his/her paying members on one site. It also has a longer term effect of people not coming back to do any sort of tipping/groups/privates with that model. On sites like MFC, with lounges and such, it also has the detriment of members warning other members to not bother with said model because of the lack of attention the member will get from the model while that member is paying. In this particular model's case, it seems to have a very detrimental effect on her MFC token earnings... she can get upwards of 600+ people in her MFC room (which kind of shocks me, being as her camscore is below 700 now), but make barely any tips because she isn't paying any sort of attention to the MFC room.

At this point, I wonder why she bothers to keep her MFC account open, since she pays 0 attention to it, even in groups (not sure about privates). She might as well just only open her Chaturbate room and keep her MFC room off. But she probably keeps it up for the chance of tips.

I imagine that MFC is a difficult site to splitcam with, which is why I never do it. I'll splitcam AdultWork paid chat mode with ImLive paid chat mode, sure. But MFC is a site where a model has a cam score to think about, there's constantly members entering/exiting the chat, and MFC demands more of a model's attention than other sites (in my opinion).

UncleThursday said:
If a model gets taken private or group on one site (however each site works it is different), while working another at the same time, then the model should simply set himself/herself away on the other site(s) or temporarily close the other site's cam/room(s).

It used to be said that an MFC model being 'Away' for a long time is harmful to the cam score. I'm not sure if this is true or not, or if it was just true with the old model software (I use the model web broadcaster)? All I know is that if I happen to be camming on MFC and get a call from my grandmom, most likely I'll need to exit my chat completely. She will talk my ear off, and probably have me on the phone for 20 - 30 minutes. There's no way I'm gonna have an Away status up for that long. And to be honest...I wouldn't even be comfortable having a private phone conversation while in Away mode anyway. Call it paranoid if you wish, but I would need to be out of chat completely before even thinking about having a private phone conversation.

I really don't understand split camming, especially on sites like MFC or Chaturbate (so it's funny to me that she uses the two I feel it's least applicable on). I can get it on a private based website, but even then, most websites use $/hour as a method of calculating position, even if they aren't as obvious about it as MFC. Isn't it pretty much always more beneficial to put all of your attention into one site at a time? Being popular on one site has to be more money and easier than mediocre on two at the same time. I also feel that it's really rude to customers, and while money is important, even if it does make you more money, there's integrity to consider, to..

Maybe I'm missing something...

yummybrownfox said:
It used to be said that an MFC model being 'Away' for a long time is harmful to the cam score. I'm not sure if this is true or not, or if it was just true with the old model software (I use the model web broadcaster)? All I know is that if I happen to be camming on MFC and get a call from my grandmom, most likely I'll need to exit my chat completely. She will talk my ear off, and probably have me on the phone for 20 - 30 minutes. There's no way I'm gonna have an Away status up for that long. And to be honest...I wouldn't even be comfortable having a private phone conversation while in Away mode anyway. Call it paranoid if you wish, but I would need to be out of chat completely before even thinking about having a private phone conversation.

It might be a good idea to unplug your cam when you do this, too. I've heard some girls say that their audio has still continued for a minute or so after they closed out of the browser.

yummybrownfox said:

I believe the 'away' still affects camscore, negatively. So, yes, closing out the room completely is the best idea in situations like this. For situations with a 5-10 minute private or group on another site, though, I don't think that being set to away for that long would be too big of a deal. The room count would probably drop, though.

NataliaGrey said:
It might be a good idea to unplug your cam when you do this, too. I've heard some girls say that their audio has still continued for a minute or so after they closed out of the browser.

Definitely! I've been in rooms where seconds after the models went off cam, you could still hear any talking they were doing on the phone or with the person beside them. :?

I just noticed that I messed up the quote feature in my earlier post where I tried to quote UncleThursday. Sorry about that.

UncleThursday said:
yummybrownfox said:

I believe the 'away' still affects camscore, negatively. So, yes, closing out the room completely is the best idea in situations like this. For situations with a 5-10 minute private or group on another site, though, I don't think that being set to away for that long would be too big of a deal. The room count would probably drop, though.

Away doesn't effect your camscore anymore than being online but not recieving tips does. The only reason away seems to affect your camscore is because no one's tipping you while you're away so it's creating dead time. So the best idea is to log off unless you can find away to make money on MFC while you're on the phone. lol

NataliaGrey said:
but even then, most websites use $/hour as a method of calculating position, even if they aren't as obvious about it as MFC.

Is this true?

I work on a lot of sites. MFC is the only site that does this as far as I am aware.

What other sites do this?

Granted I have not worked a lot of the "prvt" sites.

1 more comment to add to etiquette---selling videos for drastically different prices (taken into account the % the model gets) is a serious turn off.

For example..if you sell a video for 200tokens on mfc (model gets $10 in the states) and then have it uploaded to CB for 10tokens (model gets 5cents in the states)

Reactions: NataliaGrey
curvyredhead said:
NataliaGrey said:
but even then, most websites use $/hour as a method of calculating position, even if they aren't as obvious about it as MFC.

Is this true?

I work on a lot of sites. MFC is the only site that does this as far as I am aware.

1 more comment to add to etiquette---selling videos for drastically different prices (taken into account the % the model gets) is a serious turn off.

For example..if you sell a video for 200tokens on mfc (model gets $10 in the states) and then have it uploaded to CB for 10tokens (model gets 5cents in the states)

I was told that on SM that placement is based on internet speed, cam feed, star rating, HD/not, amount of time online and amount of money brought in per hour.

A note on etiquette, not only is it bad etiquette it's confusing for everyone watching. Who are you talking to? Where did she go? What is that noise? It's a bad idea also because the rules are so different on different sites! I have a friend that keeps trying to tell me to split cam on SM and MFC and I... just... won't.

SexyStephXS said:
curvyredhead said:
NataliaGrey said:

Is this true?

I was told that on SM that placement is based on internet speed, cam feed, star rating, HD/not, amount of time online and amount of money brought in per hour.

A note on etiquette, not only is it bad etiquette it's confusing for everyone watching. Who are you talking to? Where did she go? What is that noise? It's a bad idea also because the rules are so different on different sites! I have a friend that keeps trying to tell me to split cam on SM and MFC and I... just... won't.

I see what your saying!
I guess I was looking at it more of a MONEY PER HOUR thing...I did not realize SM was like that..thoguht it was earnings in general.

sorry for getting so off topic

curvyredhead said:
Is this true?

For some reason I thought money/hour was a factor on SM (along with everything else Steph said.) On Flirt4Free it's a big factor as well. Those three are the only sites I've worked on, though, I could be totally wrong about SM and others.

NataliaGrey said:
I really don't understand split camming, especially on sites like MFC or Chaturbate (so it's funny to me that she uses the two I feel it's least applicable on). I can get it on a private based website, but even then, most websites use $/hour as a method of calculating position, even if they aren't as obvious about it as MFC. Isn't it pretty much always more beneficial to put all of your attention into one site at a time? Being popular on one site has to be more money and easier than mediocre on two at the same time. I also feel that it's really rude to customers, and while money is important, even if it does make you more money, there's integrity to consider, to.

It's about what the model can handle. Some models are good at splitcamming a few sites without neglecting her chatters. When you only have x amount of hours in the day that you're available to cam, you want to maximize your earning potential. If you choose to spend those few hours camming on Site A alone, and then it winds up being a slow day on there, it feels like a waste and you wonder if you would've been better off camming on Site B instead. But if you have a fast enough internet connection for it, and can successfully pull off 2+ sites at once, I say go for it. If you can manage it, I don't see it affecting your hourly earnings/positioning in a negative way. It'd be easier to splitcam AdultWork paid chat mode with ImLive paid chat mode than it would be to splitcam MyFreeCams with Streamate (both MFC and SM have free video chat which you can't opt out of, and they have high traffic). And when you accept a private show on one site, you need to be able to quickly get out of free video chat mode on the other site, so those guys aren't sitting there getting a free show (and your model account getting suspended or banned).

I've seen a few models splitcam Streamate and MyFreeCams (of all the sites, I think these two simultaneously would be the most challenging), and guys in free video chat were confused about who the model was talking to. And then rules wind up being broken too. The 'below-the-waist' flashes given on MFC are not allowed in SM public chat, and SM is strict about that.

NataliaGrey said:
I can get it on a private based website, but even then, most websites use $/hour as a method of calculating position, even if they aren't as obvious about it as MFC.
I know the site that has rating based on the effort you put into camming: profile, photos, stuff you sell, time spent online, your chat settings (they have so many different types of costumers that I never know how much I earn, until I close the software and take a look into statistics), etc. :twocents-02cents:

Sometimes you have a slow day on one site and just want to switch to another. I'm not talking about splitting the cam feed. I never do this but I know some girls are on +4 sites at once. I'm wondering, if they know that so many different softwares opened at the same time make their cam feed look like shit... And how do they manage to talk with all those guys? :woops:

Money doesn't come from the air. If costumer is paying for something and we agreed to do what he wanted, he should get it. I'm sure next time he will know better than spending his money on the girl who don't give a fuck about him...

I can see splitting on sites that I don't expect making money on---and is more for promotional--numbers, name out there...drawing attention to the fake that im alive kinda stuff...Like Xhamster

I will occasionally (If i need to make a goal before a certain time) will turn on JBC and split cam with whatever site I am on.....prvts are not rabid and I have it set so that I am permanently in prvt--and people have to join me--so I don't have to actually maintain two rooms.

Reactions: UncleThursday
yummybrownfox said:
NataliaGrey said:
I really don't understand split camming, especially on sites like MFC or Chaturbate (so it's funny to me that she uses the two I feel it's least applicable on). I can get it on a private based website, but even then, most websites use $/hour as a method of calculating position, even if they aren't as obvious about it as MFC. Isn't it pretty much always more beneficial to put all of your attention into one site at a time? Being popular on one site has to be more money and easier than mediocre on two at the same time. I also feel that it's really rude to customers, and while money is important, even if it does make you more money, there's integrity to consider, to.

It's about what the model can handle. Some models are good at splitcamming a few sites without neglecting her chatters. When you only have x amount of hours in the day that you're available to cam, you want to maximize your earning potential. If you choose to spend those few hours camming on Site A alone, and then it winds up being a slow day on there, it feels like a waste and you wonder if you would've been better off camming on Site B instead. But if you have a fast enough internet connection for it, and can successfully pull off 2+ sites at once, I say go for it. If you can manage it, I don't see it affecting your hourly earnings/positioning in a negative way. It'd be easier to splitcam AdultWork paid chat mode with ImLive paid chat mode than it would be to splitcam MyFreeCams with Streamate (both MFC and SM have free video chat which you can't opt out of, and they have high traffic). And when you accept a private show on one site, you need to be able to quickly get out of free video chat mode on the other site, so those guys aren't sitting there getting a free show (and your model account getting suspended or banned).

I've seen a few models splitcam Streamate and MyFreeCams (of all the sites, I think these two simultaneously would be the most challenging), and guys in free video chat were confused about who the model was talking to. And then rules wind up being broken too. The 'below-the-waist' flashes given on MFC are not allowed in SM public chat, and SM is strict about that.

I know a girl who split cams MFC and Brijelle. She's normally good about going away/closing her cam/logging off on MFC when she gets a private on Brijelle. She makes way more money on Brijelle than she does on MFC (her camscore is below 300, all due to the split camming, she's really hot IMO).

Every now and then she forgets, and gives a free show on MFC. But it's rare. Plus, being sub-300 camscore, even when she does do an accidental free show on MFC by forgetting to turn off her cam, maybe 10 people will see it unless someone sees it in the lounges and links it there. One time she PMed me saying she gave a free show, but even though I had her cam open at the time, I had already fallen asleep, so I missed it. :lol:

She keeps her MFC open for friends, like me. For PMs and maybe to turn on friend's cams (she always asks where my cam is, for example, if it isn't on). But, at the same time, if one of her MFC friends wants to take her private, she suggests going to Brijelle, simply because she wouldn't get the MFC payout for a long time under the 20k tokens earned before payout happens rule.

The problem with that, though, for US based friends (she's Romanian), is the price difference because Brijelle charges in Euros. So, the 70 Euro package over there (35 minutes in group private on Brijelle, not sure about the exclusive time), ends up being something like $90+ to the US people. My currency converter says as of right this second, it's $93.4006. She used to think Brijelle gave some additional credits to make up for the exchange rate, but when I told her they don't, she actually felt bad for me spending more than she thought I would to take her private there. I mean, we have fun in the privates, but, yeah, thats a decent chunk of change to me.

I know a few others who splitcam between MFC and sites like Naked.com, too. And most of them are similar in being good about turning off the other site(s) when going group or private on one of them.

Often I have done a pvt with a model and heard the sound of members entering her room from another site. It's not good business to leave sites open when a member is paying 60-80 tokens per minute for a private show.

Most models that do real split camming are studio girls from Russia and Europe. (5-10 sites at a time.) I think that's why most of the models that replied can't relate. But yea, it's definitely a big issue for members. Good advice.

It can be a touchy issue, and it's great to hear the feedback.

If I want to put in some camming time outside my regular schedule, I split cam on two of Streamray/Cams, CamContacts, or iFriends because I can be in paid chat, naked, and ready-to-go while also working on something else like editing videos, responding to emails, etc. I immediately shut down the other site if someone enters my room and give the member my full attention.

I can't imagine splitcamming on Streamate or on Streamray/Cams when I do my Happy Hour show. Those two times are full-on and require dedicated attention. Especially during the Happy Hour show -- my hands are definitely doing something other than typing! ;)

If I'm paying and your chatting to others or trying to work both at once, I am out of there.

Worse still, if I recognise the site by sound and I think you're incredibly hot, I'll probably go there and try to find you in order to perve for free when others are paying ;) :lol:

One thing to bear in mind before getting upset about sounds is that, with studio models, it's often possible to hear what is going on in the next room, especially if the neighbour has her volume turned up. It happens in one room I frequent all the time.

Zoomer said:
Worse still, if I recognise the site by sound and I think you're incredibly hot, I'll probably go there and try to find you in order to perve for free when others are paying ;) :lol:

Let's say you're in an ImLive private show with a model who's using a dildo, and she's still logged into Streamate public chat at the same time. The guys on Streamate might not be seeing her use the dildo...here's why:

Some models cam using two different webcams at the same time (one webcam for ImLive, and one webcam for Streamate). In fact, I know a Streamate model who would be logged into SM public chat, and when she got a private show on the other site her eyes would turn to a different direction of the room and she'd raise up her laptop lid so the SM guys can't see what she's doing down below with her hands. And then when you heard the sound of the private show ending (on the other site), she'd turn back to face the Streamate webcam and lower her laptop lid back to where it was (so her SM guys can see her again). So the Streamate guys could hear everything she's saying/doing, but they couldn't see it.

It's definitely not the way I'd cam though. If it was me and I got a private show on one site, I'd be like "Be right back!" and quickly close out the other site's public chat because A) the private show guy is now going to have my FULL attention and B) because I sure as hell ain't letting a bunch of members in FREE chat hear everything I'm saying/doing (in a private show) for free.

Reactions: LadyLuna
yummybrownfox said:
It's definitely not the way I'd cam though. If it was me and I got a private show on one site, I'd be like "Be right back!" and quickly close out the other site's public chat because A) the private show guy is now going to have my FULL attention and B) because I sure as hell ain't letting a bunch of members in FREE chat hear everything I'm saying/doing (in a private show) for free.

Wow! I totally agree YummyBrownFox. I haven't seen this before. For me too, a private means everything else stops.

By the way, I love your new avatar photo!

Status
Not open for further replies.