AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Xtreamer.io: stream to multiple sites with a minimum processor and traffic usage

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for your opinion, we'll think about that.
Well, yes, models' computers became more powerful, but video quality demands are increasing as well. 1080p, 2k, 4k, and so on... And it looks like an endless process. So probably some models we'll always need additional recourses.
So it's basically like restream.io but for adult streams right? (I think the site is restream)

When it comes to split-streaming, a recording on or second transmission from the model's PC would be almost indistinguishable from the one Streamate is claiming ownership to, except for some potential loss of quality on either side. I haven't heard of a case quite like this being tried in any court, so unless the lawyer in question here is an expert in this subject (and even then), it's probably not something they're qualified to be making particularly confident statements on. As stated, it's a legal "opinion" only. Streamate considers it "official" that it's against their terms. There would have to be a lawsuit to solve the issue.

But either way, we've established that Streamate doesn't allow it. Contract or no contract, they can boot us for any reason, or no reason at all (besides the few protected by law, which protect us even less, since we are not employees). So it's pretty moot--they'll kick a model for split-streaming if they feel like it. The only reason the wording in the contract would really matter would be to determine if they were entitled to withhold earnings, etc. They are under no obligation to allow anyone to use their platform. So why is this even an argument... are we all on the same page now? It's a no-no.

Go ahead and ask them, if you think we're bullshitting you, but we've already told you what their answer is. Geez, even if it *was* only a position of "certain administrators", isn't it clear that enough of them believe it's against the rules that split-streaming should be avoided, given that there's little recourse for any model they choose to suspend?
I don't think you are bullshitting me :)
Before we add websites to our list, we've studied the rules of all of them. That's why I was surprised that splitstreaming is against the rules of Streamate: we didn't see it before. Now thanks for clarifying the situation, we'll investigate it more and think about what to do next.

YOU WOULD THINK. Dude is creating a product that he wants Streamate models to use. Doubt he can put his ego aside to do this.
--

Also to want to add if models don't use Streamate's preferred streaming methods (browser or their own external encoder) they will not qualify for priority placement. That means your placement gets lowered, which can be detrimental. I don't recommend split-streaming with Streamate unless you are a full-on hustler and working three or six sites at once.
Thanks for your feedback, we are happy that you enjoy our product :)

So it's basically like restream.io but for adult streams right? (I think the site is restream)
Xtreamer Lite - yes, like restream.io. Actually, as I know, restream is also may be used for adult streams. But our tariffs are much lower for working with adult websites (as they are more focused on youtube, facebook, twitch etc.). Not because of adult content, just because these platforms are not in their main list.
Xtreamer Pro - is totally unique service, at least I didn't see it on the market.

Reactions: Diana_Devil
I just use NGINX. Free and no limit on how many places you can broadcast, or for how long. Only reliant on the hardware you choose to serve it on. I run it successfully on the same computer that I stream from. Most CPUs are capable of this task nowadays.

If anybody needs help setting it up, or running it, I would more than happy to help. The current instructions are mostly in Chinese... I'm planning on forking it on Github and translating in the near future. Maybe a complete rebuild with new SSL, new NGINX, etc. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.