AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yes, another ‘in love with a camgirl’ thread. But I’d love opinions if anyone is willing to share them.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From what it sounds like, the girl is doing the opposite thing that a lot of scammers do.
We had a conversation about me continuing to use her site and paying her. We’ve agreed that I’ll stop, because she agrees that it’s not the best thing now. I think that’s an interesting step. I guess we’ll see if her interest continues.
But nobody seemed to notice this part. Instead everyone focused on her deleting members from messenger. If the girl isn't taking his money, kinda hard to say it's a scam.

Eh, rant away. There's more proof that there's scams than there is these relationships ever even come close to working out:

I'm not saying that their relationship is a good one. Honestly, if he's 30+ and trying to date a 19 year old..... it's no Sleepless in Seattle, let's just say that. My only beef is that everyone just focuses on where she's from with very little regard for anything else.

I'm not saying that their relationship is a good one. Honestly, if he's 30+ and trying to date a 19 year old..... it's no Sleepless in Seattle, let's just say that. My only beef is that everyone just focuses on where she's from with very little regard for anything else.

Perhaps you should go back and read it again. Numerous posts on the first page commenting on how it's most likely a scam, without commenting on where she's from. There's also a post or two about age concerns, wondering if it's a repost of other threads, etc.

Omg... It's also a well known fact that most email scams promising money originate in Nigeria. So therefore all Nigerians are scammers? Location is not an indication of anything. A person's actions are an indication of intent. But you guys focus in on the most insignificant things.

The devil is in the details. If I get contacted about inheriting a big sum from a distant relative who just passed away I might pursue it or consider it a scam and my judgement will largely depend on the way in which I am contacted. If I get a certified letter by mail with an origin in a country where I actually do have relatives, I would look into it, if it’s by email from someone in Nigeria I would laugh. This is the same thing. Members claiming a camgirl is in love with them COULD have merit but if the girl is from EE and from a studio he should laugh it off.

I am sorry this seems to trigger you so much, my educated guess is you are in the 50 to 70 age bracket, from a first world anglo country probably US or Canada because that’s the demographic that believes the hardest in the “it’s a small small world” Disney ride

The devil is in the details .... Members claiming a camgirl is in love with them COULD have merit but if the girl is from EE and from a studio he should laugh it off.

You're right, the devil is in the details. And that's exactly what you're missing. You're not concerned about details. You're just making broad generalizations based not on the details but your own prejudice. The only details you're focused on (from EE, works in studio) are not unique identifiers. Do you have any idea the number of people who fit that description? That's like if I said, "For the right amount of money, you can have sex with almost any cam girl." There are guys who think like this. Most webcam models are obviously not prostitutes. But some are. And I'm sure it's offensive to be lumped into one large group with people whom you have very little in common. So why would you do the same thing to other girls?

I am sorry this seems to trigger you so much, my educated guess is you are in the 50 to 70 age bracket, from a first world anglo country probably US or Canada because that’s the demographic that believes the hardest in the “it’s a small small world” Disney ride

You don't know the first thing about me. What triggers me is people acting like an entire segment of the population is _____. Fill in the blank as you wish. It's such a negative and narrow view of the world. I would have thought that, simply by virtue of being in a business that so many people still look down upon, you'd be more willing and able to question your own assumptions from time to time.

It would be ignorant of the facts not to ask if she's an EE studio girls when the number of love scams from there is...no idea...in the hundreds and the number of love scams not from there is zero.

And no, does not mean every EE studio girl does that (I used to be one) but it was my manager's advice even before the cam went on for the first time "you have to make the members fall in love with you". You hear that on your first day and it sticks and you believe it.

You seem to forget the role of the studio people in the background. In the bad studios they basically brainwash the (new) girls making them think the love scam is the perfectly normal thing to do and that everyone does it.

You're right, the devil is in the details. And that's exactly what you're missing. You're not concerned about details. You're just making broad generalizations based not on the details but your own prejudice. The only details you're focused on (from EE, works in studio) are not unique identifiers. Do you have any idea the number of people who fit that description? That's like if I said, "For the right amount of money, you can have sex with almost any cam girl." There are guys who think like this. Most webcam models are obviously not prostitutes. But some are. And I'm sure it's offensive to be lumped into one large group with people whom you have very little in common. So why would you do the same thing to other girls?

You don't know the first thing about me. What triggers me is people acting like an entire segment of the population is _____. Fill in the blank as you wish. It's such a negative and narrow view of the world. I would have thought that, simply by virtue of being in a business that so many people still look down upon, you'd be more willing and able to question your own assumptions from time to time.
Sigh. This question was posed in the "ask a model" section. We answered with what experience we have, took time out of our day and even dark mermaid answered and she WAS taught that by an EE studio. Dude, it's not a negative and narrow world view to try to keep people from getting duped and scammed. It's freaking realistic. We answer cause we actually give a shit about our members who know in the back of their mind that it's a scam but still want to believe it. This whole thread was revived by you when it was done a month ago. I don't know what your hang up is about EE or if you're trying to protect your fav EE model but it's pretty shitty to accuse others of bigotry or insult us with saying we are narrow minded when all we've done is try to protect a member from getting his heart and wallet taken. That's a pretty honorable thing to do when we could have shrugged our shoulders and said "tough shit, dude's getting taken for a ride" and went on our way. No one said it was a scam solely on the one fact she was from EE. It's a combo of a LOT of factors.

Nobody said all EE studio girls are scammers. What is being said is most camgirl love scams are committed by EE studio girls. Which is a plain fact. Naturally since this is a very clear trend if an EE studio model who is not a scammer actually does fall in love with a western camsite member she will probably find it harder than, say, an independent Canadian model to come across as legit simply because she has to also fight the stereotype. It’s a shame but that’s how humans work, wherever you are from, you have to deal with the stereotypes attached to your background. The mature way to do it is accept it and prove people wrong through your actions. The immature way to do it is to berate people for looking after themselves and following common sense.

For instance, I figured you were a boomer because you necroed this thread just to nag the forum for not following your own personal moral standards showing both a lack of internet social finesse and a sense of entitlement very common in that generation. Since you didn’t address it when I pointed your age bracket above I have to conclude I was right. See? Sometimes stereotypes do check out

I've never seen you post a thing here Albinogator. But you are choosing to make an issue of this when no one is even focused on it anymore. It feels cantankerous. I'm not gonna lie, when I first read this, I immediately thought the same thing, as was highlighted, regarding your age range, and demographics.

Kinda testy and pointless, with a little self-righteousness sprinkled in for good measure. Yawn.
ETA; I get it though, a lot of people are grumpy about covid restrictions, and/or looking for outlets for general frustration right now. I always find physical exercise to be more helpful, than arguing with people on the internet, and trying to stir up trouble.

Last edited:
Here is another datapoint: I was in a conversation with a studio model who spoke German with a clear slavic-like accent, and she invited me to guess what country she was originally from before moving to Germany. I don't know why I do these Totally Nerdy Things™ all the time, but anyway ...

A couple of guesses later I got it right, after which she blurted out "Thank god you didn't say Ukraine!". So I asked why that is a thing, and she basically said the same as been mentioned many times in this and other threads: the "normal" models are few and far between and they are (in her opinion) mostly a bunch of scammers. I have no reason to believe otherwise, and the general consensus among the 4-5 other users I PM with on StripChat is "we don't go there". The other users, including me, all have stories about broken phones, urgent doctor appointments, grandmothers who have fallen ill, washing machines that need replacement yesterday and other sudden crises.

Like AlbinoGator I'm want to think the best about people, right until experience is kicking me in the balls to wake me up. Pretty twentysomethings sweet-talking a 50+ guy on the internet is not for real. Is. Not. For. Real. By all means play along and amuse yourself, but keep the ban button handy or know when to go ghost. Because, you know, life is too short to hang out with shitty cam models.

Holy crap. What a drama queen.

The other users, including me, all have stories about broken phones, urgent doctor appointments, grandmothers who have fallen ill, washing machines that need replacement yesterday and other sudden crises.
I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be taken literally, but a lot of guys are ready to believe anything. American models also have their ways of asking for large donations, even while turning down business, while EE models generally don't say no.

I'm not even sure if this is supposed to be taken literally, but a lot of guys are ready to believe anything.
Honepyots and love cons still work after thousands of years, because they utilize the most basic of human wants. Most people - including models - want to feel liked and appreciated, and these studios and every conman know that all too well.

Here is another datapoint: I was in a conversation with a studio model who spoke German with a clear slavic-like accent, and she invited me to guess what country she was originally from before moving to Germany. I don't know why I do these Totally Nerdy Things™ all the time, but anyway ...

A couple of guesses later I got it right, after which she blurted out "Thank god you didn't say Ukraine!". So I asked why that is a thing, and she basically said the same as been mentioned many times in this and other threads: the "normal" models are few and far between and they are (in her opinion) mostly a bunch of scammers. I have no reason to believe otherwise, and the general consensus among the 4-5 other users I PM with on StripChat is "we don't go there". The other users, including me, all have stories about broken phones, urgent doctor appointments, grandmothers who have fallen ill, washing machines that need replacement yesterday and other sudden crises.

Like AlbinoGator I'm want to think the best about people, right until experience is kicking me in the balls to wake me up. Pretty twentysomethings sweet-talking a 50+ guy on the internet is not for real. Is. Not. For. Real. By all means play along and amuse yourself, but keep the ban button handy or know when to go ghost. Because, you know, life is too short to hang out with shitty cam models.

For some reason, most of the models I frequent are from Romania or Ukraine. Just seem to find myself in those rooms for some odd reason. Most have been decent, some not so and did the whole broken phone thing (Ukraine). Another Ukraine model, who I was a long time regular of got very pissy at me when I was in another model's room (US model, and another one I'd visited for quite some time) and wouldn't come visit her. She basically tried doing the whole guilt trip thing as if we're in a serious relationship and I can't even talk to another woman. She eventually perma-banned me from her room, and is the only room I've ever been banned from.

But, overall, most of the experiences I've had with models from anywhere is good. If I were to list off the ones I've had problems with they are from the following countries that I'm aware of:

Ukraine
Russia
Spain
Italy
Serbia
Poland
US
Canada

This isn't to say that everyone from the above countries I've had problems with. Just showing that it's a mix of places where I've had attempted cons from a handful of models.

Doesn't seem good if she is from an Eastern Europe webcam studio. Dude, I'm from a Third World shithole, I know women are capable of anything just for the sake of money or getting a VISA. Just be careful. It doesn't seem good.

If she wants something serious, she should give you her real name and personal social media, phone number :) If she doesn't want to, it's a scam. Be careful, bro.

I will attempt to get this mess of a thread back on track.

OP should watch the Netflix show Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On (Episode 5 - Take Me Private)

Not to say it can't work, but turning an online/virtual relationship (especially one that invovles payment) into a real world relationship is 99% never going to work, IMO. Even if you are aren't being scammed the odds are against you because the circumstances and environment are completely different. High risk, low chance of reward. Might as well throw your life savings on a roulette table.

I'm currently visiting a Polish girl. I tip her quite frequently, but only about 200 tokens a day or so. She's easy to talk to and is very friendly, but she really starts to say things now that moves in the direction of this topic.
Here's a recent thing she said: "I'm very lucky to have you, definitely.I don't have such a friend on my site))and perhaps even beyond. I say this sincerely,I am very glad to see you))even if you don't want to spend tokens on me,you've done a lot for me".

I'm very glad I found this forum cause I might even go the way of all those back-tattoo people. Now I know that those messages are pretty much not true.
I responded to her the following: "That is very sweet of you to say. If that's really true, I'm flattered. But you really don't have to say all that. I just like you and enjoy being here".
With this reply I'm trying to be nice and hold off anything she plans to say in the future. I'm really not looking for an online girlfriend; Webcams for me is just a place to relax and an enjoyable way to spend my time.

" [...] even if you don't want to spend tokens on me [...] "
Talk about showing your hand.
Where I come from we say "the heart is full of what comes out of the mouth".

It doesn't have to be a scam setup though. Polite, normal cam models are known to exist, but I'm also not about to start apologizing her. Keep watching that yellow alert light 😶

she said: "I'm very lucky to have you, definitely.I don't have such a friend on my site))and perhaps even beyond. I say this sincerely,I am very glad to see you))even if you don't want to spend tokens on me,you've done a lot for me".
i interpret the beyond as referring to site, like shes just thanking you for being reliable and to feel free to hang out more even if you aren't spending (chaturbate i assume?).

i interpret the beyond as referring to site, like shes just thanking you for being reliable and to feel free to hang out more even if you aren't spending (chaturbate i assume?).

That's my interpretation as well. IMO, very generic way of saying "Thank you" for being someone who's been there somewhat regularly and continues to tip while being respectful towards her. That being said, it's also up to the member to not read too much into what she wrote. If someone is there because they're lonely, then they could easily misinterpret it.

Reactions: mike_aussie
(chaturbate i assume?)
No. MFC. She had a really low camscore (400) when I started tipping her. It's now almost 900. I really don't know if I was the one that caused it to rise (I did do a few privates with her). If it WAS me, I can assume she's thankful for that. Her room is now a lot busier and I've seen her in quite a few Privates. I'm really happy for her, but it was never my attention to bring her camscore up.
Keep watching that yellow alert light
I will. She's nice and I don't really like being suspicious, but I don't want to fall into some trap.

I've watched a lot of European cam models. Most of my encounters with them in the early stage started to express kisses and other love connotations. You can't seriously think this is normal... Keep in mind this was all done in one day, and this is clearly something that may force vulnerable people to be scammed. In cam sites, you get desperate and lonely people who think they are just interacting with a female, and then become emotionally attached easily. If a straight-headed man goes talking, it's fine since they aren't fooled easily and won't feel attached. You should be thanking the American women on this forum to inform these people about the dangers of this whole shenanigans. Don't have a European woman fetish pls.

I feel like I should update this thread as I left it hanging a few months back.

Heeding the advice in this thread, I did go no contact for a time. After a few weeks we got back in touch with each other again. Yes it’s mad, and yes, it seems irrational, but being out of touch with her was really hard.

After a lot of discussion we decided to arrange to meet up in a country that is foreign to both of us, just for a short break, to test this out in real life. We did that this last week just gone.

We talked honestly about our expectations before and how the reality of meeting in real life could (and probably would) be very different to our interactions so far. I don’t think either of us expected anything going in other than being able to finally say ‘hello’ to the other during our trip as a result.

It turns out that we’re somehow even more attracted to each other in real life than we are online. We get on extremely well, despite our ages and backgrounds being so completely different. We had a great time; walks, great food, long conversations - better than I could have dreamed or planned, to be honest - and we plan to meet again very soon (COVID allowing).

It might seem unlikely, but there is something between us that’s real and tangible, and worth nurturing. I’m glad I gave it a chance, even though it was against most of the advice in this thread, and on the face of it might seem quite stupid. I’m under no illusions here, though. I know that for most people who read this, this is probably the exception rather than the rule.

I know that having a relationship with this girl is going to be hard, with the distances involved and COVID and all the other shit. But she makes me happy in a way very few people in my life ever have, and I like to think I do the same for her. I can’t pretend that I’ve handled this in the best way I could have from the beginning, but I’m determined that yes, she is worth the effort and I’ll do my best to do better. It might not be a firm ‘they lived happily ever after’ ending - and let’s not kid ourselves, they don’t really exist in real life, and certainly not in these weird times - but I hope this goes to prove that sometimes following your heart can be the best adventure. I’m looking forward to seeing where this goes.

I still want to thank everyone for their opinions in this thread anyway. I think for most people it’s still sound advice, and given in a reasonable tone.

Thanks for the update @Probablyanotherdumbass Best of wishes to both of you.

If I may ask a couple of questions:

1) What, if any, contact/involvement do you have while she's camming? If so, are you still tipping &/or helping out such as a room helper/moderator?

2) It may be far too early in this regards. But, did you two discuss anything long-term beyond wanting to do another meetup? Such as if it does workout, how would you move forward? I forget if you said where both of you are from, but am asking due to legalities of moving from country to country and possible job changes for one or both of you.

Again, thanks for the update and best wishes to both of you.

Thanks for the update @Probablyanotherdumbass Best of wishes to both of you.

If I may ask a couple of questions:

1) What, if any, contact/involvement do you have while she's camming? If so, are you still tipping &/or helping out such as a room helper/moderator?

2) It may be far too early in this regards. But, did you two discuss anything long-term beyond wanting to do another meetup? Such as if it does workout, how would you move forward? I forget if you said where both of you are from, but am asking due to legalities of moving from country to country and possible job changes for one or both of you.

Again, thanks for the update and best wishes to both of you.

1) I don’t have anything to do with her cam shows now, really, aside from occasionally chatting in her room when it’s very quiet. I haven’t tipped or paid for credits for a few months now, and that isn’t going to change. Sometimes I might give her my opinion on her content, but that’s as far as it goes.

2) We haven’t discussed anything further in any detail. There’s a bunch of uncertainty in the world with COVID anyway, and the visa situation for her would be extremely complicated. I think it’s best to continue to meet up as often as both of our jobs and COVID allow for now and we’ll cross other bridges when we come to them as we learn more about each other.

I hope the answers are useful, and thanks for asking questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.