AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Yes, another newbie with questions!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2017
Newly single and need a little extra money on the side. What sites other than MFC should I look at? I think I would have a hard time getting established there. If I am wrong, please correct me.
How do I find out the payout the different sites offer?
I would like to keep my employer, family and friends from finding out what I am doing. Is that even possible?
Thank you all!

• Hugs
Reactions: Bunni and Val Vega
There's Chaturbate, Streamate, Cams, etc. There's a ton of sites out there, really. And the payout structure is going to differ between them. I'm on CB and the payout is $.05 per token. You just have to find the site that works for you. Plenty of people have transitioned between various sites until they clicked with one.

You can block people from certain countries, states, etc. That won't stop people from potentially finding you, though. It just makes it a little harder. You need to check out this thread https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/reality-check.1123/

As for the hiding from family and friends part, I would highly recommend wearing wigs and heavy makeup if you can. Keep in mind: you are never guaranteed 100% safe from being found out; there is always that risk no matter what you do.

For privacy purposes I wear a complete BDSM hood. It looks like a ski mask and people seem to love it. But I'm mainly BDSM for my shows. I just started on CB and have made some amazing friends already. Happy to answer any other questions. Good luck!!

Reactions: Val Vega
It depends on what kind of shows you'd like to do. If you want to focus on public shows, I'd recommend starting with Chaturbate. It's an easier learning curve than MFC, and you can learn different camming techniques before moving on to other sites.

CB also has a daily pay option so you can get your earnings whenever you'd like.

I would like to keep my employer, family and friends from finding out what I am doing. Is that even possible?

Short answer: No. If that's a serious concern, don't become a camgirl. It's a huge risk and may not be worth it for you.

Long answer: It's possible that you will never get outed, there's just no way to guarantee it. Even with geoblocking enabled, someone I knew still found me on my first or second day of camming. You can take steps to make it harder for someone to identify you -- wigs, masks, whatever -- but that only reduces the risk, it doesn't eliminate it.

You could always look into PSO work instead, which can be almost entirely anonymous if you want it to be.

Thank you so much for all of the responses. I think I a going to investigate PSO work before I make a decision. Any recommendations on companies there?

Reactions: Val Vega
Thank you so much for all of the responses. I think I a going to investigate PSO work before I make a decision. Any recommendations on companies there?
Most people use niteflirt for PSO work.

I might be biased, but I'm pretty sure MFC is the big dog in the camming scene. It's extremely fair to the models and popular with the guys. Also very user-friendly. I'm not saying that other camming sites won't be lucrative, just saying that you can't really go wrong with MFC in my opinion. At least for a solo camming career (MFC doesn't allow males on camera ever).

As for keeping your employer/family/etc from finding out about you, MFC allows you to block certain states/countries from accessing your broadcast, so that would help a lot. And I'm sure other camming sites have similar features. One thing that I personally am doing to keep people I know from finding me is I'm careful to not use the pictures I use on my camming profile anywhere else on the internet. I do this because of reverse-image search engines. If you use a picture on your camming profile that is also somewhere on your facebook, someone could feasibly connect the dots using a reverse-image search.

Status
Not open for further replies.