AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Your SigOther and Camming

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My husband is very supportive. That being said, he doesn't think I'll be able to hack it as a cam girl. He's helped me pick out toys and outfits and offered to take pictures etc. But I know he thinks I'm too shy and will quit after a shirt period of time. That actually is great motivation for me because I love a challenge and hate being wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see...

Reactions: Guy and ACFFAN69
My ex boyfriend didn't mind me doing webcamming. I made good money being on Camcontacts mostly non-nude. I am not sure how he would cope with MFC and that type of shows I did recently. I am extremly honest person too. I can't keep things in secret without getting depressed. So its kind of good as I am single now.

My husband introduced me to camming, so obviously he is ok with it. It really turns him on to see me on cam. I don't know if it is the act of watching or knowing that all the dudes in my room want what he has but, either way, he basically pounces on me as soon as I turn off my cam.

Would your SO be open to doing couples shows? That way it is something he can be involved in and enjoy also, rather than being made to feel like you are excluding him or doing something naughty behind his back.

Reactions: ACFFAN69
Hi ladies (and fellas),
My question is how does your significant other feel about you camming, or how do you feel about your significant other camming?

My SO and I have been talking a lot about me becoming a cam girl, I've only done it for one night and I could tell that it really made him feel uncomfortable, so I haven't been on mfc since.

When I do talk to him about it he tells me that he gets excited by the idea, but at the same time feels like its wrong.

What do you guys think? How do I explain things to him? Is it even worth the stress?
Hi ladies (and fellas),
My question is how does your significant other feel about you camming, or how do you feel about your significant other camming?

My SO and I have been talking a lot about me becoming a cam girl, I've only done it for one night and I could tell that it really made him feel uncomfortable, so I haven't been on mfc since.

When I do talk to him about it he tells me that he gets excited by the idea, but at the same time feels like its wrong.

What do you guys think? How do I explain things to him? Is it even worth the stress?

I got into camming a little over one year ago. My S/o is fully supportive of me in my camming endeavors. At the end of the day, he knows I'm getting in bed with him, and that for the most part, this is just a way to get some extra spending cash on the side. This being said, we did have a conversation about this when we first started discussing the potential new source of income. I am freelance for my full time job, so my work is not always consistent. This was a way that I could almost guarantee a method of income. I work through SM, not MFC. Not all partners will be OK with this, but that is when you need to find out is the levels of comfort coming from jealousy or from another form of consideration with your camming.

I felt weird at first about camming, but have come to the understanding that if someone does find out, why should I be ashamed of my body, and the fact that I use it to make money, the same way a laborer uses their body to generate money. Now I embrace it. I don't run around screaming i'm a cam girl everywhere I go, but if someone asks about it, I say its something I do, just like any person would talk about their jobs.

Camming is only taboo as long as you treat it as taboo in your conversations.

Hope this helped

My significant other knows that I cam and is okay with it. Sometimes I feel bad on some of the longer days when MFC leaves me exhausted and I just want to chill after, but that's the same with any job, I guess. I'm grateful that my SO isn't the jealous type and I'm able to cam without feeling guilty, that would be so so stressful. :( Good luck!

Reactions: RubyDimples
My boyfriend is okay with it. I was very open about it from the very beginning, before even our first date. He doesnt love it, but he doesnt mind it. Hes overall supportive. I think his biggest concern is the lack of income reliability and how camming doesnt just end when I get off cam, its a large part of my life off cam. We talked a lot about it and came to some compromises, I think thats the biggest reason why our relationship has lasted and been so strong. We were both flexible and clearly communicated boundaries to be agreed upon.

It does have some problems though. I know he doesnt want me to cam long term, he wants me to find a career. Ive severely cut back on any camming talk/off cam work when Im with him. He does not want to hear the specifics of a lot of what I do. He definitely does not want to be in the same apartment as me when I cam.

Moving forward in the relationship, those will likely become bigger issues, but when they do well talk them through and find an agreement that suits the both of us.

My fiancé is very supportive, luckily. He thinks my job is neat, so I get to tell him lots of my weird "guess what I did today?!" stories, and I do cam while he's at home when I feel like it. There's also been some talk of us making videos or camming together, but he has a full-blown career of his own already & works kind of crazy hours.

Anyway, I was already camming before we started dating, and we're both pretty fundamentally non-monogamous, so there's never been any problem with what I do. We don't have any camming-related boundaries either, though we do have some other relationship boundaries that help keep our general non-monogamy running smoothly.

I'm pretty open about being engaged & non-monogamous, so any additional partners in my life would have to be comfortable with my job & relationship status as well.

I have been lucky enough that my SO has been super supportive about my camming. He even enjoys logging on to watch my shows if he has time. I think the best thing you can do with your partner is to keep an active conversation. It makes me feel better knowing that when I log off I can have someone to talk about my day with. I can share if a day went well or if it was a bust. A lot of times if a show didn't go as planned he even will give me some suggestions on what to do in future shows to make it better. In addition he knows that whenever he feels uncomfortable about something I'm doing on cam we can sit down and talk about it to see if changes should be made.

My SO was supportive when I used to do it. I haven't cammed in a long time but I'm hoping to get back into it very soon. We have a semi-open relationship so jealousy is a non-issue.

I'm lucky to where my SO is very supportive of me camming actually was the one who told me I should start in the first place. I'm actually having a bit of the opposite issue and feeling right now where he is on the site more than me and it's making me wonder if I'm just not cutting it for him :( I'm not sure if I'm overreacting or I'm starting to feel insecure but it's kind of gut wrenching and now I'm torn. I enjoy what I do very much just don't want it to effect my relationship which he says the same thing and it wouldn't come between us. I hope you're having better luck.

UPDATE: so my sig other and I have been talking a ton about everything and I've decided to look into the realm of non-nude camming. It's going to be alot of work and dedication, but I'm the type of person who enjoys a challenge. He's still stubborn about me revealing anything...ugh...but I've moved forward an inch in the battle lol.

My husband is very supportive. That being said, he doesn't think I'll be able to hack it as a cam girl. He's helped me pick out toys and outfits and offered to take pictures etc. But I know he thinks I'm too shy and will quit after a shirt period of time. That actually is great motivation for me because I love a challenge and hate being wrong. I guess we will have to wait and see...

It's entirely possible that you will quit, many models do, it's not for everyone. But the corollary is that some shy models do end up thriving on cam and finding their voice when they don't have to directly interact with people. For the most part you will be in a familiar environment, your home or apartment, with your things, your music, your pets. If you can get over the awkwardness of essentially talking to yourself for hours at a time, you may end up doing great.

Put on your favorite music, wear those clothes you either always want to wear or feel most comfortable in. Test out ideas or themes. Figure out what you're comfortable with. If you find something you're not comfortable with, don't continue doing it just because people want you to. This needs to be both fun and profitable for you.

Good luck and I hope you prove his lingering doubts wrong.

My SO is totally supportive and encourages it. He does get worried that people we know will find out I'm doing this but I find the whole experience empowering. I'm a newbie though so I'm not doing too well so far anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.