AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

You're getting old!

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyMarie

V.I.P. AmberLander
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 28, 2011
I found this really cool site on reddit today. Give it a try and report back with interesting (or surprising?) stuff you found out about yourself!

http://you.regettingold.com/

Here are some of mine:
- The date of the marriage between Elvis Presley and Priscilla Beaulieu is nearer to my birth date than today.
- I was 10 months old when Freddie Mercury died and 6 when Buffy the Vampire Slayer premiered, and 16 when the original iPhone was launched
- I'm 8662 days old
- 98.2% of the people born on the same day as me are still living.

13th Nov 1990:The first known web page is written (you were 5 months old)

And Fay, I remember that. I cried :crybaby:

Fay_Galore said:
"6th May 2004The last episode of the TV show Friends airs (you were 15 years old) "

I remember this :(

Could you be any older?

The answer is yes. You could be as old as me :?

I was alive when Ghandi was assassinated, people. Ghandi! I was 9 months old when Back To The Future came out (that makes me feel younger for some reason). I was 9 when The X-Files debuted (I remember being creeped out by the intro). I was 14 when Google was founded! In the future, when kids want to know what life was like pre-Google, I'll be the old fuck in the corner able to say "we used to have things called books, and magazines, and newspapers, and maps, and dictionaries, and encyclopedias... and privacy. You kids don't even know you're born". I envision this happening some time next week.

mynameisbob84 said:
I was 9 months old when Back To The Future came out (that makes me feel younger for some reason).
I took my first date to 'Back to the future' at the movies, makes me feel young too.

Reactions: SandyPanz
Woah...

The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 3 months old)
Freddie Mercury dies aged 45 (you were 6 months old)

Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 6 years old). I actually have a vivid memory of this day, hearing it on the radio with my best friend and us both crying uncontrollably...

Nikki said:
Woah...

The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 3 months old)
Freddie Mercury dies aged 45 (you were 6 months old)

Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 6 years old). I actually have a vivid memory of this day, hearing it on the radio with my best friend and us both crying uncontrollably...

My memories of the Diana death consist mainly of bumping into this kid we knew, who was so excited to let everyone know of the news that he ran up to us from across the street (almost being ran over in the process) and feverishly spat out "Diana got deaded!" before composing himself and solemnly declaring "Princess Diana died". It doesn't seem quite as funny now, but at the time there was a very real danger of pants being soiled from all the laughter.

• Crown Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands marries Claus von Amsberg (you were 0 days old)
  • The total number of candles on all your birthday cakes so far is 1,176.
  • The moon has orbited the earth 649 times since you were born.
  • Over 86% of visitors to this site are younger than you!

My 27th year was happily monumental:
6th May 2004 The last episode of the TV show Friends airs.

Nothing that happened before or since really matters.

"You will be 40,000 days old on 26th Aug 2086" seems rather optimistic.

btw, the first line I get back is "You're getting old!" and that is just plain wrong.

You are 7,408 days old.
15th Jun 1994 The Disney movie "The Lion King" is released (you were 6 days old)
6th Jul 1994 The movie "Forrest Gump", starring Tom Hanks, is released (you were 27 days old)
1st Mar 1995 The first search engine service Yahoo! is founded (you were 8 months old)
31st Aug 1997 Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 3 years old)
1st Jan 2001 The dawn of the new millennium (you were 6 years old)
11th Sep 2001 9/11 terror attacks on NYC's World Trade Center and Pentagon (you were 7 years old)
29th Aug 2005 Hurricane Katrina makes landfall along the U.S. Gulf Coast, causing severe damage (you were 11 years old)
Out of 100,000 people born on the same day as you, approximately 98,649 are still living.

5th Jul 1986The Statue of Liberty is reopened to the public after an extensive refurbishment (you were 3 months old)
18th Jul 1986Aliens, an American science fiction action horror film directed by James Cameron is released (you were 3 months old)
27th Jul 1986Greg LeMond wins the Tour de France (you were 4 months old)
7th Aug 1991The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 5 years old)
24th Nov 1991Freddie Mercury dies aged 45 (you were 5 years old)
5th Jul 1996 Dolly the sheep, the first mammal to be successfully cloned from an adult cell, is born (you were 10 years old)
1st Jan 2001The dawn of the new millennium (you were 14 years old)
15th Jul 2006Twitter is launched (you were 20 years old)
8th Aug 2008Opening ceremony for the Beijing Olympic Games (you were 22 years old)
2nd May 2011Osama bin Laden killed by US military forces in Pakistan (you were 25 years old)

I remember them happening. Some affected me more than others...It does kinda feel weird reading these one after another and seeing my age by them.

Nikki said:
I remember this day as well. It also happened EXACTLY one year to the day before my oldest daughter was born.

Writer J.R.R. Tolkien dies (you were 3 months old)

East Germany and West Germany reunify into a single Germany (you were 17 years old) - I thought I'd put this one in cause Lily started this thread lol

Diana, Princess of Wales, dies in a car crash (you were 24 years old) - I totally remember this, I was meeting the guys at the local bar and when I mentioned I saw it on the news, they didn't believe me.

1st Jun 1999Napster, a revolutionary music downloading service, debuts (you were 26 years old) - oh, how i loved Napster, sure as heck beat trying to find FTP servers to get music from.

I remember my school used to sell things like this to raise money for extracurriculars. They had the librarian make up certificates where they listed your bday, historical things that happened on your bday, how many steps you have taken, historical things that have happened in your life.

That's how old I am... That when I was in elementary school, in order to learn things like this you had to ask the librarian at school. :p There was no internet. Well, there wasn't much information on the internet.

• Neil Armstrong becomes the first man to step onto the Moon (you were 9 months old)
  • Jim Morrison, lead singer of The Doors is found dead (you were 2 years old)
  • The first compact discs (CDs) are released to the public (you were 13 years old)
  • Microsoft Corporation releases the first version of Windows, Windows 1.0 (you were 17 years old)
  • The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 22 years old)

Shutterbuck said:
My 27th year was happily monumental:
6th May 2004 The last episode of the TV show Friends airs.

Nothing that happened before or since really matters.

"You will be 40,000 days old on 26th Aug 2086" seems rather optimistic.

You are now the 8th person, 5 IRL, and 3 online, I know who shares my birthday. I can't believe they didn't mention that Aug 26 is woman's equality day, the day woman got the right to vole.

I am not sure what was more depressing

In your 20s Moses parted the Red Sea :mrgreen:
Or 90% of the people who visit the site are younger than you.

You are 10,684 days old.

The total number of candles on all your birthday cakes so far is 435.

Elvis Presley introduces his new single, "Hound Dog"
Nearer to your birth date than today!

I was 8 when the x-files first aired.

I was 13 when The Phantom Menace came out. (I remember collecting the action figures from McDonald's too) And when Google was created, though I didn't learn about it until high school.

I was 15 when Wikipedia was released (and yet, I didn't learn about it until college)

When I was 16, the IPod and LoTR - FoTR came out, and 9/11 happened

When I was 18, Facebook was founded, the last episode of Friends aired, and MA legalized gay marriage

When I was 19, Ubuntu was released and Youtube was launched

----

Honestly, this doesn't make me feel old. What makes me feel old goes like this:

XKCD The 2011 Guide to Making People Feel Old Using Movie Release Dates

See, it doesn't say "you were ___ when ___ happened". It says "___ happened ___ years ago."

So... "The World Trade Center was destroyed 13 years ago."
"HOLY SHIT! I remember that so clearly! I feel old now."

Vs

"You were 16 when The World Trade Center was destroyed."
Yeah. I already knew that.

Ann_Sulu said:
5th Jul 1986The Statue of Liberty is reopened to the public after an extensive refurbishment (you were 3 months old)

Oh, man! I remember the penny drives we used to have in school. As I recall, the pennies we brought in were collected and melted down to use in repairs for the Statue of Liberty.
However, they wouldn't accept my collection of pennies I had placed on the railroad tracks to get smooshed. I don't know why...

21st Jan 1976 The first commercial Concorde flight takes off (you were 26 days old)

1st Apr 1976 Apple Inc. is founded in Cupertino, California by Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniak (you were 3 months old)

2nd Nov 1976 Jimmy Carter is elected as the 39th President of the United States of America (you were 10 months old)

2nd Dec 1983 Michael Jackson's Thriller is released (you were 7 years old)

7th Aug 1991 The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 15 years old)

11th Sep 2001 9/11 terror attacks on NYC's World Trade Center and Pentagon (you were 25 years old)

Back in myyyyy day......:character-oldtimer:

Okay, I'm feeling kind of old now. :? I'm surprised how many things I remember happening when I was 6 years old.

Out of 100,000 people born on the same day as you, approximately 96,700 are still living.

Glad to be part of the 96.7%

17th Nov 1989The Disney animated movie Little Mermaid, is released in theaters (you were 8 months old) - while I owned this as a child, I did not, regrettably, own the original box with the penis on it.

George H. W. Bush falls violently ill at a state dinner in Japan, vomiting into the lap of Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa and fainting (you were 2 years old)

The Artist formerly known as Prince changes his name to a symbol also known as the "Love Symbol" (you were 4 years old)

Microsoft's Clippy is unleashed on the world with the release of Microsoft Office '97 (you were 7 years old)

SpongeBob SquarePants premieres on Nickelodeon (you were 10 years old) Weird, I distinctly recall first seeing it advertised as a new show when I was 12, based off of where I lived at the time (we moved that much)

This is cool! Here are some of my facts:

2nd Aug 1990 - The start of the First Gulf War (you were 2 months old)

13th Nov 1990 - The first known web page is written (you were 5 months old)

16th Nov 1990 - Home Alone is released to theaters (you were 5 months old)

7th Aug 1991 - The World Wide Web is announced to the public by Tim Berners-Lee (you were 1 year old)

3rd Nov 1992 - Whitney Houston's "I will always love you" is released (you were 2 years old)

15th Jun 1994 - The Disney movie "The Lion King" is released (you were 4 years old) - 1st movie I ever saw in theatres!

12th Feb 2010 - The 2010 Winter Olympics open in Canada (you were 19 years old) - This is fun because it was in Vancouver, and I attended!

Reactions: LilyMarie
Yeah, feeling every bit of it :eek:

As an infant
9th Oct 1967 Guerrilla leader Che Guevara executed in Bolivia (you were 1 month old)
16th Feb 1968 9-1-1 emergency telephone system goes into service (you were 5 months old)
1st Mar 1968 "I've Been Loving You", the debut single by Elton John is released (you were 6 months old)
3rd Apr 1968 Planet of the Apes is released in theaters (you were 7 months old)
4th Apr 1968 Martin Luther King is shot dead in Memphis, Tennessee (you were 7 months old)

As a child
9th Feb 1969 The Boeing 747 makes its maiden flight. (you were 1 year old)
20th Jul 1969 Neil Armstrong becomes the first man to step onto the Moon (you were 1 year old)
17th Apr 1970 Apollo 13 returns safely to earth after explosion cripples craft en-route to the Moon (you were 2 years old)
4th May 1970 Four students at Kent State University in Ohio are killed and 9 wounded by Ohio National Guardsmen (you were 2 years old)
30th Apr 1975 The Vietnam War ends with the fall of Saigon (you were 7 years old)
Show more events from this period

Fun to look back at some of that

Reactions: CthulhusSon
I'm born on New Year's Day, FYI. ;)

You are 8,325 days old.

Out of 100,000 people born on the same day as you, approximately 98,341 are still living. [Wow D:]

You're so old that... July 20th, 1969: Neil Armstrong becomes the first man to step onto the Moon
Nearer to your birth date than today!

8th Jan 1992 George H. W. Bush falls violently ill at a state dinner in Japan, vomiting into the lap of Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa and fainting (you were 7 days old)

1st Feb 1992 George H. W. Bush and Boris Yeltsin formally declare that the Cold War is over (you were 1 month old)

12th Apr 1992 The Euro Disney Resort (later renamed to Disneyland Paris) officially opens (you were 3 months old)

22nd Nov 1995 Pixar/Disney animated movie "Toy Story" is released (you were 3 years old) [OMG YESSSSSS I REMEMBER!]

8th Jul 1996 Spice Girls release their debut single "Wannabe" in the United Kingdom (you were 4 years old)

19th Nov 1996 Microsoft's Clippy is unleashed on the world with the release of Microsoft Office '97 (you were 4 years old) [DUDE, that was the only thing we could afford to "play" on my PC]

1st May 1999 SpongeBob SquarePants premieres on Nickelodeon (you were 7 years old) [Frankly, I thought it was stupid. Now I love it though!]

15th Jul 2006 Twitter is launched (you were 14 years old)

25th Jun 2009 Michael Jackson dies (you were 17 years old) [I remember staying up to watch the memorial on a school night, crying my eyeballs out]

[Nothing about Amy Winehouse it seems, but I know that I was incredibly sad and upset and I kind of lost the will to sing (I used to sing and win competitions despite being a weirdo) Amy shaped my singing style and love for retro shit]

Reactions: LilyMarie
1) The Lion King was released when I was 6 months old
2) eBay was founded when I was a 1 year old (holy crap, I never knew it was that old!)
3) Microsoft released windows 98 when I was 4 years old ( :shock: )
4) The first episode of "Lost" was released when I was 10 years old

This has to be the coolest website I've come across in a long time! Thanks for sharing
:romance-heartsfade:

Over 90% of visitors to this site are younger than you! The average age of visitors is 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.