AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I don’t have the screenshot, but I remember awhile back there was a model who had an email saying “Daddy” was okay. It’s one of those words that’s been kind of eroticized out of its original meaning.

I do a lot of D/s shows, and a many of my clients like Daddy as a title, in the same way some people like Sir or Master.
If you’re really worried you can throw a little disclaimer in like, “okay, so you’d like me to play your girlfriend but call you Daddy as a pet name?” or something like that.

If you get word from Streamate telling you not to do this, obviously believe them over me! But I’ve personally never had an issue thus far.
It's best to avoid getting into such roles and calling them daddy because that would lead to having issues with your model account. As someone mentioned above in this thread, even the step-mom/step-something is gray and should actually be avoided as it usually leads to something else. When you have people demanding for this, it's best to let them know you'll not do it, it's safer that way. :)

Upvote 0
It's best to avoid getting into such roles and calling them daddy because that would lead to having issues with your model account. As someone mentioned above in this thread, even the step-mom/step-something is gray and should actually be avoided as it usually leads to something else. When you have people demanding for this, it's best to let them know you'll not do it, it's safer that way. :)

There are so many members with 'daddy' in their username. Does that violate the rules? What should a performer do if someone with that in their username comes into their chat?

If a member calls me daddy, do I need to report them?

Upvote 0
There are so many members with 'daddy' in their username. Does that violate the rules? What should a performer do if someone with that in their username comes into their chat?

If they have daddy as part of their nicknames, there is not much you can do. The important part here is if they initiate daddy role play, to avoid doing this, either tell to them you're not doing it or report them.

Reactions: thinkinboutit
Upvote 0

SM or any other webcam is NEVER going to punish a customer for what is allowed by the mechanics. All models on the platform lose when you start doing things that even annoy members for what would be considered petty to most of them. It's thousand times harder to find a regular paying members than models.

Upvote 0
I just call them "D". I don't call anyone daddy even in my personal life.

Upvote 0
Thanks @Catalina SM just want to make sure I'm 1000% clear on the rules.

Should we avoid using the term daddy altogether?

What if a member starts calling the model daddy (in the same context as "mistress" "goddess" etc) should we tell them its not allowed?

Personally speaking I dislike calling anyone daddy myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was under the impression "Daddy" was okay used in the context of saying like "baby" (term of endearment) and not a part of actual age play. I have to find the email from support somewhere in the models only but I'm fairly certain thats where I heard it from

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Upvote 0
Yeah, maybe I'm way off here probably way overthinking the earlier reply. :giggle:

I only report them if they start referring to underaged sex/talking about minors etc

• Helpful!
Upvote 0
Found it!

Rules Clarification.jpg

so does this not apply anymore? I have had no issues keeping things step/age appropriate

Upvote 0
Found it!

View attachment 85563

so does this not apply anymore? I have had no issues keeping things step/age appropriate

Yes, it applies but still giving that this is a sensitive matter and everyone can understand the things in a different way, I do not really encourage to engage in things like this. If it does state something like 'sugar daddy' or step dad but does not imply anything underage, it's Okay.

I was a cam model myself and I have to say that I always tried to avoid getting into such role-play as it can easily be misunderstood. :)

Upvote 0
  • Helpful!
Upvote 0
@Catalina SM
hello Catalina! please help me, i have a new account in SM and i cannot add the paxum payment method because the following message appears "your account owner name is not the same registered in paxum contact support if you want to change the name". But the name is the same, it is my name on my country's document I always received for this my paxum account, I was asked to contact support but I did not get an answer

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM
hello Catalina! please help me, i have a new account in SM and i cannot add the paxum payment method because the following message appears "your account owner name is not the same registered in paxum contact support if you want to change the name". But the name is the same, it is my name on my country's document I always received for this my paxum account, I was asked to contact support but I did not get an answer

Hi there,

It's your name format that is different in Paxum than on Streamate. To do that change, take a screenshot from your Paxum account where it's displayed the name format, send it to support and ask them to help you change it the same way in your SM acct. :)

Upvote 0
I have a question concerning streammates member rewards $`s that i am wondering if someone can help me with. I have been a member for quiet sometime and regularly take girls private. My member rewards level is at a 10 so i receive a fare about of $`s. The question i have is do the cam models have the right to choose to if they want to accept those rewards $`s. Seems like my rewards points will be taken off the bill and sometimes they wont. Can the model choose to accept those rewards point or it there another way they choose when those $`s get taken off the bill.

Upvote 0
I have a question concerning streammates member rewards $`s that i am wondering if someone can help me with. I have been a member for quiet sometime and regularly take girls private. My member rewards level is at a 10 so i receive a fare about of $`s. The question i have is do the cam models have the right to choose to if they want to accept those rewards $`s. Seems like my rewards points will be taken off the bill and sometimes they wont. Can the model choose to accept those rewards point or it there another way they choose when those $`s get taken off the bill.

Models don't see our bonus credits it's all done in the back end. Here's a picture explaining. I believe they won't apply your new bonus credits till the transaction fully completes with your bank, if you bought shows on the weekend this could take as long as Wednesday the follow week to apply. The only time models see any discount applied against them is when they setup their Block session discounts I believe.

3cSFYRB.jpg

Upvote 0

My suggestion for you is to call or chat with our support when you have questions or certain things are unclear. :)
Unfortunately I cannot assist here with customer related questions.

Upvote 0
My suggestion for you is to call or chat with our support when you have questions or certain things are unclear. :)
Unfortunately I cannot assist here with customer related questions.

I tend to only call on support for the larger issues. This was just a curious question i had. After going back through saved membership registrations. I had found this forum that i had forgotten about. Thought i would log in here and ask this question. If i had not gotten an answer i would have contacted support.

Reactions: Catalina SM
Upvote 0
Hello, I was wondering if a customer can tell when they're blocked when they're not inside of our room? Also, are they still able to see us online on the main page but unable to enter our room, or do we stop showing up at all for them?

Upvote 0
Hello, I was wondering if a customer can tell when they're blocked when they're not inside of our room? Also, are they still able to see us online on the main page but unable to enter our room, or do we stop showing up at all for them?

Sorta. While a member is still logged out they will see you on the recently viewed options. When they log back in you magically disappear from the same place. When they log off again you return again. So they can put two plus two together and figure out what's happening.

Upvote 0
If the customer is logged in, he/she is not going to be able to see you at all on the website. If they change the accounts or search as visitors (logged out), they will be able to find you.

• Helpful!
Reactions: LolaLuv
Upvote 0
What happened?
Hey please help! I haven’t received a check in two weeks now after changing my banking information, they did a test with 0$ and it was fine but I still haven’t been paid. Same bank just a different account number, I’ve already contacted support and they said I should receive the missing one Friday along with my payment for this week, I haven’t received either one. I have bills I need to pay. Thank you :(

Upvote 0
Hey please help! I haven’t received a check in two weeks now after changing my banking information, they did a test with 0$ and it was fine but I still haven’t been paid. Same bank just a different account number, I’ve already contacted support and they said I should receive the missing one Friday along with my payment for this week, I haven’t received either one. I have bills I need to pay. Thank you :(
Contact me via email if you're from Europe. If you're from North America, you can reach out to liz@streamate.com.

Upvote 0
I can't figure out how to change my snapshot. Do I have to wait 24 hours or is there a button on SMConnect?
There are 2 ways to take an instant snapshot:
- 1 the prompted way in the beginning when you start you stream, when you're asked to take a snapshot
- 2 - hover over your stream (use SMConnect Web Encoder) and you'll be able to see a camera icon. If you press on it, you will be able to take a snapshot, which you can see on the top right corner next to your screen name.

If you do not have any of these options, please DM me here and we can discuss further.

Upvote 0