AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

I hope its okay to ask a couple questions here, I hope its not too stupid.
I am about to sign up to try Streammate since so many on ACF love it. A couple of questions right now:

According to the camgirlwiki page, the only payment option for models outside USA is cheque by regular mail- is this still the case? (I'm Canadian).

Does streammate allow us to put messages over the feed using OBS? I did see a model with a gold menu displayed, so would it be okay to put a message up if I need to step away from cam?

How do models handle requests during premium/private shows? I see a lot of models who list that they do what they feel like during private chat and members need to go exclusive for directing the show.

thank you!

Upvote 0
I am about to sign up to try Streammate since so many on ACF love it. A couple of questions right now:

According to the camgirlwiki page, the only payment option for models outside USA is cheque by regular mail- is this still the case? (I'm Canadian).

Does streammate allow us to put messages over the feed using OBS? I did see a model with a gold menu displayed, so would it be okay to put a message up if I need to step away from cam?

How do models handle requests during premium/private shows? I see a lot of models who list that they do what they feel like during private chat and members need to go exclusive for directing the show.

thank you!
Sorry i think this is a public thread so i deleted my message, but ill pm you my answer instead :)

Reactions: thinkinboutit
Upvote 0

thank you!

Hi,

We definitely have more payment options for Canadian models, other than checks. You will be able to find the available payment options once you signed up.

You can use OBS but I do not recommend you to display messages on your camera feed and neither to leave the camera empty, it's best to just disconnect if you know you have to step out of the camera. As for streaming method, I would rather recommend you to use Web Encoder through SMConnect, as that gives the best streaming quality, it's recommended by us and it's also the easiest to use.

It is totally up to each model how they want to handle their private requests, usually it's best to adapt based on customer's needs and if there are special kind of things you would rather do in exclusives, make sure you mention this ahead so that your viewers are well informed. :)

Upvote 0
Streammate approved me but I have no profile on Streammate or Cammodels. Do I need to start a broadcast for it to appear?

Upvote 0
Streammate approved me but I have no profile on Streammate or Cammodels. Do I need to start a broadcast for it to appear?

You have to broadcast for several minutes to be able to appear on the website, because this is a new account. Your cammodels is nickname.cammodels.com

• Helpful!
Reactions: Lady_Sha
Upvote 0
Hey everyone , I submitted my application in yesterday . On average how long does it take to get approved ?

Upvote 0
Did my application yesterday and everything is still pending and it says so . This is what it says on my home screen , should I be concerned ? Or does it say that because I recently submitted my documentation . AA1B4A16-24C9-4048-B5FB-37DAF4ABE529.png

Upvote 0
Did my application yesterday and everything is still pending and it says so . This is what it says on my home screen , should I be concerned ? Or does it say that because I recently submitted my documentation . View attachment 85300

Proof of address took 24 hrs for me. It might take that long for ID too. Not sure about signature. It looks like you're just waiting for everything to be accepted and the hold will be removed. 24-48hrs I'd say.

Upvote 0
People keep telling me that pre-paid cards work, but they don't. You can register an account with one, but your card will be declined when Streamate tries to make its first charge (not the $1.99 verification one).

Upvote 0
Proof of address took 24 hrs for me. It might take that long for ID too. Not sure about signature. It looks like you're just waiting for everything to be accepted and the hold will be removed. 24-48hrs I'd say.
Thank you so much :)

Reactions: Lady_Sha
Upvote 0
People keep telling me that pre-paid cards work, but they don't. You can register an account with one, but your card will be declined when Streamate tries to make its first charge (not the $1.99 verification one).
Is it possible that you haven't registered the pre-paid card yet? Not just activate it at the store when you purchased it, but register it under your information.
I'm not familiar with how exactly SM's payment processor works, but from my other past experience, it's most likely trying to verify the billing address with a small authorization hold. So if you haven't added your billing address to the pre-paid card, it won't work. There should be instructions that come along with the card.
If you've already done that, disregard this lol

Upvote 0
Is it possible that you haven't registered the pre-paid card yet? Not just activate it at the store when you purchased it, but register it under your information.
I'm not familiar with how exactly SM's payment processor works, but from my other past experience, it's most likely trying to verify the billing address with a small authorization hold. So if you haven't added your billing address to the pre-paid card, it won't work. There should be instructions that come along with the card.
If you've already done that, disregard this lol
this is correct. it's also how you can load prepaid cards to paypal.

Upvote 0
So I've been on SM for a month now, but haven't been paid yet. I've definitely earned above the minimum weekly payment and have all my information verified (COSMO since I'm international). Is this normal? I messaged support a couple days ago but am feeling a bit anxious about it :/

Upvote 0
So I've been on SM for a month now, but haven't been paid yet. I've definitely earned above the minimum weekly payment and have all my information verified (COSMO since I'm international). Is this normal? I messaged support a couple days ago but am feeling a bit anxious about it :/
there is usually up to a three-week hold on new accounts. maybe @Catalina SM can look into it if its been over a month? i think she handles both EU and AU models. double check your payout info to make sure it's accurate. i once had issues receiving payment through ACH because my bank address didnt match up with my address on streamate. check you payout history to see if anything went through. if it went through, you may need to contact cosmo?

Reactions: Knotty_Mara
Upvote 0
there is usually up to a three-week hold on new accounts. maybe @Catalina SM can look into it if its been over a month? i think she handles both EU and AU models. double check your payout info to make sure it's accurate. i once had issues receiving payment through ACH because my bank address didnt match up with my address on streamate. check you payout history to see if anything went through. if it went through, you may need to contact cosmo?

Thank you for your reply! Yeah, I don't have any payments in my payment history and it's definitely been over a months now. I've contacted support about it, but good to know this isn't a common issue at least.

Upvote 0
IS there any reason I would be removed from the homepage?

Streamate has been amazing for me so far, but yesterday and today I can't seem to have more than 1-2 pvt/excl shows. I noticed I don't see myself in the homepage any more, going back 7 pages.
I don't use any Georestrictions, and I always use SM connect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I'm back again, so I've been told COSMO isn't available for my location (Australia), which I don't quite understand as I've been payed by CB just fine? Is that a SM specific restriction? I've switched over to paxum at this point so I can actually be paid but I'm feeling a bit frustrated :/. Any other Aussie models have this kind of experience?

Upvote 0
Uh, what in the actual fuck Streamate? All of the money I made this week is gone, so are my favorites and the ability to stream..... I can't get any answers/no response and I only have a half day because NFL starts tonight......

If this is a glitch maybe you guys could send out an email to models and let us ALL know so we don't lose our shit when we log in?

Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.34.53 AM.png

• Wat?!
Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
Uh, what in the actual fuck Streamate? All of the money I made this week is gone, so are my favorites and the ability to stream..... I can't get any answers/no response and I only have a half day because NFL starts tonight......

If this is a glitch maybe you guys could send out an email to models and let us ALL know so we don't lose our shit when we log in?

View attachment 85439

I and several other models are experiencing the same thing. @Catalina SM is it safe to begin streaming?

Upvote 0
For some reason I get an insane amount of requests for underage and taboo roleplay, say NO to these requests. In fact, best to type it and say it. I have never done either of these things but have been warned about them from support because members have 0requested it from me. If you type your non-consent then that covers your tracks and support will be able to see from the chat logs that you said no. This goes for the word Daddy too. Don't say it. Don't type it.
I call my guests daddy in exclusive and actually have a tag #willcalludaddy. I guess ill have to ask support. Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Rose
Upvote 0
For some reason I get an insane amount of requests for underage and taboo roleplay, say NO to these requests. In fact, best to type it and say it. I have never done either of these things but have been warned about them from support because members have requested it from me. If you type your non-consent then that covers your tracks and support will be able to see from the chat logs that you said no. This goes for the word Daddy too. Don't say it. Don't type it.

I get so sick of this being asked on there. I really hate the guys that try to argue it with me "Well so and so does it!" Good, let her fuck herself out of a paycheck, I'm not that dumb LOL

I did email Liz awhile back about the Stepmom thing and she said it's too grey and to even stay away from that.

As soon as they say "Daddy" or "Mommy" they get kicked or banned.

Upvote 0
I don’t have the screenshot, but I remember awhile back there was a model who had an email saying “Daddy” was okay. It’s one of those words that’s been kind of eroticized out of its original meaning.

I do a lot of D/s shows, and a many of my clients like Daddy as a title, in the same way some people like Sir or Master.
If you’re really worried you can throw a little disclaimer in like, “okay, so you’d like me to play your girlfriend but call you Daddy as a pet name?” or something like that.

If you get word from Streamate telling you not to do this, obviously believe them over me! But I’ve personally never had an issue thus far.

Reactions: AudriTwo
Upvote 0

View attachment 85439
I had the same problem yesterday, but everything was back to normal today

Upvote 0
Are we allowed to share the control link for our Lush vibe to members?
Sorry, I got no notifications about the new posts in this thread. The answer to your question would be no, we do not allow performers to share any kind of links with customers. The virtual toys are integrated in SMConnect. You can read the integration steps here: https://streamatehelp.com/interactive-vibes/

Reactions: JessRyan
Upvote 0
Did you check if you have a pay hold applied to your payments? Also check if you're on 21 days delay, this way you'll get your payments 3 weeks after you met the minimum payout. If you're from Europe, drop me an email or Skype message.

Upvote 0
I'm back again, so I've been told COSMO isn't available for my location (Australia), which I don't quite understand as I've been payed by CB just fine? Is that a SM specific restriction? I've switched over to paxum at this point so I can actually be paid but I'm feeling a bit frustrated :/. Any other Aussie models have this kind of experience?
Mara, did you contact Cosmo about this issue? We do not apply restrictions on this, the restrictions are usually done by the payment companies and they also list countries where they operate.

Upvote 0