AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

Just wondering, do y'all think there is anyway we could appeal to sm to make things better for the models?
Ignore him, they do eventually listen. The site has improved in a lot of areas for us models that's been requested throughout the years.

Keep giving them feedback, be descriptive and make sure your criticism isn't rude or abrasive.

Hopefully since we have @Catalina SM visiting the known forums, we'd see improvements so it can stay being a fun and lucrative experience. She definitely heard us when we asked about bonus day, which Im grateful for if she had something to do with that! So thank you, I don't want always be a critical Christine. (My apologies.)

Upvote 0
Also schools and daycares are closed eveeywhere, and I can only image how much more difficult this is making models with children. Streamate totally missed the mark. Give everyone a fair shot to make just a little more in the time they are able to work, is that too much?
It's fucking brutal with kids, no school, having to homeschool, and now I don't even know if summer camps are opening up anywhere close to me so I have to hope school is open in the fall. I can only cam during the day maybe twice in a two week period vs every day. I probably lost all my regs from that time. Luckily I'm making bank working at night but I'm exhausted.

Upvote 0
Can someone explain why European and Spanish models are always larping as US/UK/AUS members?
Probably because guys like you leave their room when you find out they’re studio models? There is a built in bias towards models from those areas that has got to have some impact financially. Whether it’s a personal choice or studio directive to pretend they’re from the US, it’s not too hard to figure out why they would.

Upvote 0
Can someone explain why European and Spanish models are always larping as US/UK/AUS members?

Haven't we been over this repeatedly in this thread? More, better paying traffic, and what @Ava Nicole said above--if they can get away with it, why wouldn't they, when many dudes won't bother looking outside of those categories. I think we've also been over the fact that many people in US/UK/AUS are not white and/or do not speak English as their first language or at all, and so may not be "larping" in the first place. That and the fact that if you find a model you don't like you should just click through to another room, and possibly take a break from camsites in general if you find yourself posting here about this same exact complaint for the umpteenth time, since it's obviously not an effective form of stress relief for you.

Upvote 0
Since this is the only SM forum I see here on ACF, I'll throw this question into the pot (and if I'm completely a dumbass and there is another place to post this, feel free to redirect me!) -

I've been on MFC for almost a year now and decided to try Streamate based on a model I know who does very well. Very different experiences between the two for sure! But I want to give this one a good trial before I decide where I'm more comfortable.

I managed NOT to look insanely ignorant thanks to some of the basics I read here, much appreciated!... and had some privates/exclusives in the few hours I was on last Friday.

My question is that I'm not searchable?? Using partial or full screenname, absolutely no results for me. I had several people look so it isn't some Me Searching Myself issue - I didn't realize this until yesterday, and I have googled my ass off and cannot for the life of me figure it out. I sent the URL to my cam page to the same people to plug into their browsers and BAM, there's my profile. So what the heck - does anyone have insight on non-searchable me?

I'll be on cam again in a few hours, and I suppose I need to post the URL on my socials instead of just saying I'll be on SM?

Thanks for any insights!

Upvote 0
I'll be on cam again in a few hours, and I suppose I need to post the URL on my socials instead of just saying I'll be on SM?
That's honestly ideal whether you're searchable or not. People are lazy and more likely to just click a link rather than copy or remember a username, go to the website, do a search, etc.

As for a possible cause of the search issue, do you have any locations blocked? And if so, were people/you searching while logged into a member account, or only while not logged in? Streamate hides all models with location blocks to viewers who are not logged in. If this is not the case, it's a new issue that I haven't yet heard a solution for, and would recommend reaching out to support.

Upvote 0
Since this is the only SM forum I see here on ACF, I'll throw this question into the pot (and if I'm completely a dumbass and there is another place to post this, feel free to redirect me!) -

I've been on MFC for almost a year now and decided to try Streamate based on a model I know who does very well. Very different experiences between the two for sure! But I want to give this one a good trial before I decide where I'm more comfortable.

I managed NOT to look insanely ignorant thanks to some of the basics I read here, much appreciated!... and had some privates/exclusives in the few hours I was on last Friday.

My question is that I'm not searchable?? Using partial or full screenname, absolutely no results for me. I had several people look so it isn't some Me Searching Myself issue - I didn't realize this until yesterday, and I have googled my ass off and cannot for the life of me figure it out. I sent the URL to my cam page to the same people to plug into their browsers and BAM, there's my profile. So what the heck - does anyone have insight on non-searchable me?

Thanks for any insights!

When you mean searchable, do you mean google or broad internet search or using the SM search? In the SM search you come up for me. One thing you should make sure you didn't overly region lock your profile. From threads in here over the years it's possible for a model to over protect themselves and lock themselves out of major regions.

Reactions: EdenEverafter
Upvote 0
You know it is possible for those models to actually live those countries too... people do immigrate.

Upvote 0
Sorry for dp
For your affiliate to get 40%/20% bonus on sign ups through Twitter
Yourcamname.cammodels.com

Upvote 0
Thanks so much for all replies on my search issues, quick answers:

-I had read about geoblock issues on SM before I signed up so I didn't geoblock like I did on MFC.
- the SM search engine is what I meant, not Google. Thanks for reminding me I need to be more specific when I post, it's easy to forget in my zeal to get answers!
- and super advice to just post the direct links on socials, which I did.
-I am glad to know I was searchable for you. Maybe it was just a hitch in the giddyup that one day 🤞

I Was only on cam for less than 3 hours last night, but had super good traffic (I know it's the new model thing for now - but grateful all the same) my paid time on cam was 65% of my broadcast time. I was in privates and exclusives every time I turned around - thank God for the sound notifications!

Y'all I do LOVE how they give us those Paid Time stats. Pretty sure that I'm at half that percentage on MFC. It's different but I'm learning to adjust to SM. I do like how straightforward it is. There's some free chat, but not hours of it! The peeps on SM know to pay for your 1:1 time. So far, that's quite refreshing

The one thing on SM that does drive me completely batshit? The 30 second countdown to public chat when a show ends. And NO way to stop or extend it. The irony - you have 30 seconds to get dressed, yet you can't be naked in public chat. Hell I am running out of cam view like a kid, and come back in public chat with the cam on my empty chair. It's just completely weird to not be able to get dressed and THEN go on cam when I'm ready, like MFC. Any tips or tricks for not looking like a frazzled mess appreciated! Lol

Upvote 0
The 30 second countdown to public chat when a show ends. And NO way to stop or extend it. The irony - you have 30 seconds to get dressed, yet you can't be naked in public chat

Just go offline. Members usually will wait a few minutes after they see an offline after a show before they think you truly given up for the night. SM's main page refreshes in real time so if they have you as a favorite and you come online your portrait will 'light up' without them even needing to refresh. Member's might feel impatient in private or exclusive but most are also reasonable that it take time to operate clothing or to clean up after activities. Always remember to human and people will usually human back.

Reactions: EdenEverafter
Upvote 0
The one thing on SM that does drive me completely batshit? The 30 second countdown to public chat when a show ends. And NO way to stop or extend it. The irony - you have 30 seconds to get dressed, yet you can't be naked in public chat. Hell I am running out of cam view like a kid, and come back in public chat with the cam on my empty chair. It's just completely weird to not be able to get dressed and THEN go on cam when I'm ready, like MFC. Any tips or tricks for not looking like a frazzled mess appreciated! Lol

Email support and ask for a break/pause button. It extends the 30 sec to 10 mins. If it makes you feel any better I don't find much difference between room flow when using either or.

Upvote 0
[/QUOTE]

When needed, I take my time to go to the bathroom for 2 or 3 minutes to refresh myself and clean my toys, I just put a message "BRB" and I never had someone who complains.

Pupe

Upvote 0
Y'all have been so helpful with my SM questions, thank you SO much! I cammed again tonight and the high percentage of paid time online just blows my mind. I was barely in public chat and BAM I went to private or exclusive - it was fantastic! Fast becoming a BIG fan of the Straight To the Damn Point-ness of SM :)

And now I'm up to 5 stars, so yay!!! I tried to remember to ask them to rate AND review, but I don't have any comments or tags yet. Mildly frustrating but I'm sure it will be a matter of time (and me figuring out the best way to pimp them to rate and tag lol).

Next question up for grabs

- how can I get my rate max increased for Exclusives? I've been told I'm charging too little but it only lets me ask $5.99 - I just want to up it by one dollar, but is there some secret handshake to get that privilege?

- and how in the world do I keep c2c visible? It shows up underneath my cam and I have to scroll down to see them - then it keeps reverting to the top of the screen (where my feed is shown) repeatedly, and I'm stuck looking at the top of their heads (either one, depending on what they're filming!) - and I keep having to free a hand to scroll the page back down which is no bueno.. Is there a way to open c2c in a separate window or something?

Smooches to everyone who has taken the time to help so far - I didn't think I'd like it over there, but I'm happy to be wrong!

Upvote 0

Are you referring to performers from those areas having US/UK/AUS as display country? If not, can you give more details as to what you refer to, please?

Upvote 0

I would recommend to zoom on your face or just tilt your webcam with 'face focus'. I would not recommend going offline after every paid session because that will affect your total time online and eventually it will impact negatively your traffic.

Upvote 0
- how can I get my rate max increased for Exclusives? I've been told I'm charging too little but it only lets me ask $5.99 - I just want to up it by one dollar, but is there some secret handshake to get that privilege?

- and how in the world do I keep c2c visible? It shows up underneath my cam and I have to scroll down to see them - then it keeps reverting to the top of the screen (where my feed is shown) repeatedly, and I'm stuck looking at the top of their heads (either one, depending on what they're filming!) - and I keep having to free a hand to scroll the page back down which is no bueno.. Is there a way to open c2c in a separate window or something?

Smooches to everyone who has taken the time to help so far - I didn't think I'd like it over there, but I'm happy to be wrong!

Hi,

The per minute rates are increased gradually based on the billing per hour. Once it's increasing, the per minute rates will also be increased. So give it a bit of time :)

As for the C2C experience, I attached some pictures below where you will be able to see how you can manage it better and move it around your page.

c2c 1.JPGc2c 2.JPG

Upvote 0
Are you referring to performers from those areas having US/UK/AUS as display country? If not, can you give more details as to what you refer to, please?

Yes. I'm assuming they're using VPNs to make it look like they're streaming from another country.

Nice to see a rep stop by and answer some questions, BTW. Can Streamate add an option so models in exclusive shows aren't hidden?

Upvote 0
Yes. I'm assuming they're using VPNs to make it look like they're streaming from another country.

Nice to see a rep stop by and answer some questions, BTW. Can Streamate add an option so models in exclusive shows aren't hidden?

This has been answered to you TWICE now. They aren't hidden they are put at bottom of listings till they come out of exclusive. If you favorite them then they will just go to the bottom of the online favorites.

Upvote 0
This has been answered to you TWICE now. They aren't hidden they are put at bottom of listings till they come out of exclusive. If you favorite them then they will just go to the bottom of the online favorites.

Not on my end. Privates are bumped to the end of the listing, while exclusives are completely hidden.

Upvote 0

We are working on a solution for that so models won't be able to list display countries which are not near the places where they come from.

Upvote 0
When models go into paid sessions, they are moved from the first pages to the last pages. In the first pages you will constantly be able to see performers live in guest chat. Once the performers finish their paid sessions, they come back to the front pages. This is how it works :)

Upvote 0
Not on my end. Privates are bumped to the end of the listing, while exclusives are completely hidden.

In privates you can still have access and join, while in Exclusives you cannot, those are only for 1 on 1 shows and there is no chat to stay in. This is what you may have experienced and this is totally normal. Once they finish the exclusives, they are back on the front pages, but they are not hidden from the site.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Upvote 0
In privates you can still have access and join, while in Exclusives you cannot, those are only for 1 on 1 shows and there is no chat to stay in. This is what you may have experienced and this is totally normal. Once they finish the exclusives, they are back on the front pages, but they are not hidden from the site.

The listings/thumbnails of models who are in exclusive shows are definitely hidden from the site. What I'm proposing is an option for all online models to remain visible, even if they're in an exclusive chat. I'm actually convinced that Streamate had been testing this at some point, as I recall thumbnails of models in exclusive shows simply being bumped to the end of the list, like privates, instead of being hidden entirely.

Upvote 0
Hi,

The per minute rates are increased gradually based on the billing per hour. Once it's increasing, the per minute rates will also be increased. So give it a bit of time :)

As for the C2C experience, I attached some pictures below where you will be able to see how you can manage it better and move it around your page.

View attachment 84577View attachment 84578
Thanks so much, worked like a charm today!!

• Hugs
Reactions: Catalina SM
Upvote 0
Spanish model here: I only do MFC and when I started out I did it with my european IP and traffic was worse than shit. Btw, USA Ip worked very bad for me too. Then switched up to UK and finally I got loads of traffic in comparison of before and I could get my regs :). If you don't like a model just go to another room!

Upvote 0
The listings/thumbnails of models who are in exclusive shows are definitely hidden from the site. What I'm proposing is an option for all online models to remain visible, even if they're in an exclusive chat. I'm actually convinced that Streamate had been testing this at some point, as I recall thumbnails of models in exclusive shows simply being bumped to the end of the list, like privates, instead of being hidden entirely.

Not sure what you experienced on our site, but I can assure you that we do not hide the models/thumbnails while they are in exclusives. I just went ahead and did a test and I can see the models whom are in exclusives on the pages. You may have to connect to customer support and just file a report with what you are experiencing :)

Upvote 0