AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

hi ladies ❤️ if you have closed account streamate - Liz really can help? OR I just will waste time to wait answer? 🥺
yes. its the weekend so give her or her team time to respond.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

What information about the customers can the models see? I heard they are only able to see the customer's purchase history with themselves and whether they've been in private or spent money on them, but not able to see if you spent money on or visited other models.
For example, can a model see if I am online or see my last login date or whether I spent money on and visited another model? I heard the site is very private in that regard. Also, if you private message them, do they see additional details about your profile?

Would appreciate if someone would shed some light on this.

Thanks,

Upvote 0
Hi all,

What information about the customers can the models see? I heard they are only able to see the customer's purchase history with themselves and whether they've been in private or spent money on them, but not able to see if you spent money on or visited other models.
For example, can a model see if I am online or see my last login date or whether I spent money on and visited another model? I heard the site is very private in that regard. Also, if you private message them, do they see additional details about your profile?

Thanks,
No, as models we can not see your last login, if you’ve spent money on another model, and the only info we see if you PM us is the exchange of past history of gold you’ve spent on us, no other models.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Thanks,
We only see activity with ourselves.

Upvote 0
@ImRickJames Unless you sign up to the site using a certain models cammodel link (modelname.cammodels.com). If you signed up through a models cammodel link then that model can see when you spend on other models because he or she gets a percentage of everything you spend on the site. She/he will not know which models you are spending on though, just that you are spending, their percentage amount and the dates.

Upvote 0
@ImRickJames Unless you sign up to the site using a certain models cammodel link (modelname.cammodels.com). If you signed up through a models cammodel link then that model can see when you spend on other models because he or she gets a percentage of everything you spend on the site. She/he will not know which models you are spending on though, just that you are spending, their percentage amount and the dates.

Thanks for the answers. Does this still apply if I simply login with the cammodels link but did not actually register my account with it? For example, let's say I registered through regular streamate, then I login with her cammodels link and spend money on her. Then later I login through regular streamate and spend on another model. Would she see that?
I'd assume not, but do they get the extra % and commission from other models if you are just logging in using cammodels, or does your account HAVE to be registered with the link?

Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks for the answers. Does this still apply if I simply login with the cammodels link but did not actually register my account with it? For example, let's say I registered through regular streamate, then I login with her cammodels link and spend money on her. Then later I login through regular streamate and spend on another model. Would she see that?
I'd assume not, but do they get the extra % and commission from other models if you are just logging in using cammodels, or does your account HAVE to be registered with the link?

Thanks
You would have had to register your account using her link. Just logging in from there is no different than logging in from Streamate.com. She wouldn't be able to see your spending history with other models and she won't get an extra percentage of your spending with her or others.

Upvote 0
I feel like I'm asking endless questions about Streamate atm but genuinely cannot find an answer to this. On My Earnings>Summary, there's the "Total Revenue" section then it's broken down into
Desktop, Mobile, Videos, Activity Feed and Other. What do earnings from the last two come from? I've gotten a bit of income under "Other" this week but don't know what that means...

Upvote 0
[...]What do earnings from the last two come from? I've gotten a bit of income under "Other" this week but don't know what that means...
I also have something listed in Other from yesterday, and I can't figure out what it is for the life of me. When I look at my detailed CSV, the daily total is correct but nothing matches up to the random Other amount.
I have a hunch that it's just some kind of accounting thing to make the numbers balance correctly, maybe because of the site glitches that happened yesterday.

Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
I feel like I'm asking endless questions about Streamate atm but genuinely cannot find an answer to this. On My Earnings>Summary, there's the "Total Revenue" section then it's broken down into
Desktop, Mobile, Videos, Activity Feed and Other. What do earnings from the last two come from? I've gotten a bit of income under "Other" this week but don't know what that means...
I also have something listed in Other from yesterday, and I can't figure out what it is for the life of me. When I look at my detailed CSV, the daily total is correct but nothing matches up to the random Other amount.
I have a hunch that it's just some kind of accounting thing to make the numbers balance correctly, maybe because of the site glitches that happened yesterday.
My guess is it's most likely a referral link sign up from a customer who used your link to sign up and spent either with you or another performer.
Should be able to determine it if you go to the week that you noticed the "other" amount on your earnings report. Then sort the week on the drop down menu for 'Group Report By' menu option to 'Earning Type'.
You can then see a breakdown of each earning type whether it's Gold, Premium, Exclusive. You should also most likely see a "20% Cammodels" earning type - this is probably where the "Other" amounts is referring to.

Upvote 0
My guess is it's most likely a referral link sign up from a customer who used your link to sign up and spent either with you or another performer.
Should be able to determine it if you go to the week that you noticed the "other" amount on your earnings report. Then sort the week on the drop down menu for 'Group Report By' menu option to 'Earning Type'.
You can then see a breakdown of each earning type whether it's Gold, Premium, Exclusive. You should also most likely see a "20% Cammodels" earning type - this is probably where the "Other" amounts is referring to.
That's right!
The only two other options I can think of are golds send directly on posts in the activity feed or rewards members purchase with their points in your wishlist. I think those two would also show up in ''other''.

Upvote 0
-Not Streamate specific, this is important on ALL cam sites-
I wanted to note something that people forget when joining camsites.

And since it's april 15th....

TAXES

They suck, big time!
Please make sure to always put back at LEAST 30% of ALL your earnings.
If you don't, you will be in a world of trouble come tax time.

Even though streamate takes 65% of your earnings, they do NOT pay your taxes.
If you find that you've made more than $10,000 this year, please file as an s-corp.

Unless you're well versed with accounting, you should also be contacting a real CPA to do them.
If you've been camming more than a year, you should start filing quarterly.

make sure to speak w/ ur cpa or accountant about this in more detail as the way your are charged as well as other factors such as paying yourself and filing taxes as an employee are often overlooked in order to attain tax deductions and s-corp or LLC tax benefits. I'd wait until I can afford to pay my accountant to file my company as well as my own taxes. doing it personally through turbo tax could be an option but not a risk i'd advise taking just to avoid paying ur CPA to do it for you as an indiv, & company in the same yr. Not in this industry unless you are confident and/or have the correct information as well as prepared to pay out for yourself and for your company oh and are prepared in the event of an audit. $10k is way too small an amount IMO but is a good sign to start looking into what's involved if and when you're ready. I hope this helps give some clarification! If you would like my accountant's contact in I'd be happy to provide it, she's been recommended by Amberly Rothfield (how I found her) just send me a msg or look up The Tax Domme and mention this post. And no, I dont get anything for the suggestion or recommendation. I just understand how difficult it can be to do these kind of things if you're not familiar w/it. xo!

Upvote 0

make sure to speak w/ ur cpa or accountant about this in more detail as the way your are charged as well as other factors such as paying yourself and filing taxes as an employee are often overlooked in order to attain tax deductions and s-corp or LLC tax benefits. I'd wait until I can afford to pay my accountant to file my company as well as my own taxes. doing it personally through turbo tax could be an option but not a risk i'd advise taking just to avoid paying ur CPA to do it for you as an indiv, & company in the same yr. Not in this industry unless you are confident and/or have the correct information as well as prepared to pay out for yourself and for your company oh and are prepared in the event of an audit. $10k is way too small an amount IMO but is a good sign to start looking into what's involved if and when you're ready. I hope this helps give some clarification! If you would like my accountant's contact in I'd be happy to provide it, she's been recommended by Amberly Rothfield (how I found her) just send me a msg or look up The Tax Domme and mention this post. And no, I dont get anything for the suggestion or recommendation. I just understand how difficult it can be to do these kind of things if you're not familiar w/it. xo!

Thanks for the info - Is this agency applicable to CANADIAN taxes?

If anyone has a recommendation for a Canadian (and/or Toronto/Ontario) based accountant that is adult industry friendly and experienced I would appreciate it!!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
On the subject of tax (cos it's coming round soon), does anyone have any advice for UK tax? This has been my first ever year as self employed and I've tried to keep very good records of expenses and income, have registered myself for a Self-assessment etc and it all seems fairly straightforward. But is getting an accountant recommended? How much roughly would they charge?

Upvote 0
On the subject of tax (cos it's coming round soon), does anyone have any advice for UK tax? This has been my first ever year as self employed and I've tried to keep very good records of expenses and income, have registered myself for a Self-assessment etc and it all seems fairly straightforward. But is getting an accountant recommended? How much roughly would they charge?
I've been quoted $250-500 for annual preparation here in the US, with different folks offering different levels of service included in that price. You may or may not be able to write off the cost as well. Many of the different people I have contacted throughout the years offer a consultation before you commit to their service. If you have a lot of write offs, I think it's useful to have a pro help you out at least once. Hopefully someone who will be able to walk you through what they've done and why, instead of preparing and submitting without much discussion. That way you'll be more knowledgeable and perhaps more likely to manage the tax stuff yourself moving forward. Pro help is worth the cost for the peace of mind, I think.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sashacurves
Upvote 0
Tips on making exclusives longer? Do you also wait 30s before getting into it like with privates?

I've had a very annoying day today where exclusive after exclusive has been less than 2 mins, many less than 1. Not sure if my internet connection has been bad (though no ones mentioned it) or if it's people deciding to get the tit flash from my gold menu for cheaper. Usually get a few but today has been frustrating AF

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: yummybrownfox
Upvote 0
My guess is it's most likely a referral link sign up from a customer who used your link to sign up and spent either with you or another performer. [...]
Thanks for your guess, and my first instinct was also that it was cammodel earnings, but this was distinctly not that.
Perhaps you're unfamiliar with the CSV Details file I referenced earlier, so I would like to clarify that this downloadable file contains all available information about each of my transactions, including the earnings type.
There were no transactions that matched the amount displayed in the "Other" section online, either individually or summed together. I did the math, made Excel pivot tables with the CSV files, double checked thoroughly.
And that's exactly why I suggested that it's probably an accounting fix for an error that happened during the site glitch.

I'm even more convinced of this now, because I've gone back into my earnings from Feb 11th to review it again, and the "Other" amount for that week now says $0.00 (and the Desktop amount is also adjusted appropriately). Is this the same case for you too now @Sashacurves ?
I'm not concerned about this phantom amount however, because the numbers for all my transactions still add up to the correct & expected totals. If I see it appear in the future, I suppose I'll be doing some more math to double check their totals again.

Upvote 0
I have been doing my taxes on simple tax/Wealth simple for years, they make it very easy to do it on your own... (you just need to do a little research, but the system helps you a lot too) I am in Canada

Upvote 0
I just want to come on here and rant today. I've had a member sending me abuse on messenger since 29th March. At first I acted tough and came back at him winding him up. Never once said anything negative or personal though. Reported him after a while because he was getting extremely nasty. I have reported members then blocked them straight away before so I've never been able to see whether my reports have been taken seriously. I now seriously doubt they have, because I've now reported this member 3x over the past few weeks and he continues to hurl abuse at me apparently without consequence. I finally blocked him today because I've had enough of being harassed and bullied. So this has been a lovely way to find out that Streamate couldn't give a shit about their models' treatment by members, nor their mental health. :mad::mad:

Upvote 0
I need some advice. I have a regular customer who has been with me from my first month on streamate. He usually does a show with me 2 or 3 times a week. A few weeks ago his cam kept shutting off and he had to log out of the show and back on a few times to finish. He PM'd me afterwards, he always PM's a tip afterward, but this time he said he was really frustrated with the site, that he had contacted support and they were rude and unhelpful. This guy is such a great customer. He just shows up and goes exclusive right away, always a gentleman, 15-30 minute shows every time, we talk about our day and finish with... ;), no uncomfortable requests, he just likes watching me and talking to me, always says thank you, then tips every time. Exactly how I wish every customer was, so obviously I don't want him to leave the site. I forwarded his message to the Liz email and explained what a good customer he is, and I'm sure I'm not his only model, and asked if they could send have tech look at his account. Their response was "we'll see if he's contacted support". That doesn't sound helpful to me and I have no idea if they asked tech to take a look at his issue.

This glitch has happened with him a few times since then. Today he found me on Skype and said "Hi this is username. I normally see you on SM but the platform has been very unstable lately, so I'd like to add you here. Have a great weekend." I kind of want to forward a screenshot to the Liz email to show them that they really need to send his account to the tech team, but I'm also worried that one of us, or both of us will lose our account for offsite contact. He's been on Streamate for 2 years. He's been getting shows with me since September or October of last year, and this is his first time mentioning offsite contact. He's just fed up and I don't blame him. I think if they're losing consistent regular customers they would want to fix it, but maybe not. They didn't seem to care the first time. What do you think?

ETA: I also want streamate to be aware because all the guys who aren't so loyal to me or the site won't make that kind of effort. They'll just go to another site without telling anyone. I feel like when we complain they don't take it seriously, but this is proof that people aren't making idle threats, they want to take their money elsewhere.

Upvote 0
So I'm a little confused with this as I thought the term daddy was ok as long as it's not used for underage play reading though the rules I'm sure it said it was and so many men come in with daddy something as their handle not my bag to call anyone daddy tbh though

Upvote 0
I need some advice. I have a regular customer who has been with me from my first month on streamate. He usually does a show with me 2 or 3 times a week. A few weeks ago his cam kept shutting off and he had to log out of the show and back on a few times to finish. He PM'd me afterwards, he always PM's a tip afterward, but this time he said he was really frustrated with the site, that he had contacted support and they were rude and unhelpful. This guy is such a great customer. He just shows up and goes exclusive right away, always a gentleman, 15-30 minute shows every time, we talk about our day and finish with... ;), no uncomfortable requests, he just likes watching me and talking to me, always says thank you, then tips every time. Exactly how I wish every customer was, so obviously I don't want him to leave the site. I forwarded his message to the Liz email and explained what a good customer he is, and I'm sure I'm not his only model, and asked if they could send have tech look at his account. Their response was "we'll see if he's contacted support". That doesn't sound helpful to me and I have no idea if they asked tech to take a look at his issue.

This glitch has happened with him a few times since then. Today he found me on Skype and said "Hi this is username. I normally see you on SM but the platform has been very unstable lately, so I'd like to add you here. Have a great weekend." I kind of want to forward a screenshot to the Liz email to show them that they really need to send his account to the tech team, but I'm also worried that one of us, or both of us will lose our account for offsite contact. He's been on Streamate for 2 years. He's been getting shows with me since September or October of last year, and this is his first time mentioning offsite contact. He's just fed up and I don't blame him. I think if they're losing consistent regular customers they would want to fix it, but maybe not. They didn't seem to care the first time. What do you think?

ETA: I also want streamate to be aware because all the guys who aren't so loyal to me or the site won't make that kind of effort. They'll just go to another site without telling anyone. I feel like when we complain they don't take it seriously, but this is proof that people aren't making idle threats, they want to take their money elsewhere.

Do not send a screenshot of your Skype convo and risk account closure for both you and member. Better SM loses the customer than you in the end.

Upvote 0
Do not send a screenshot of your Skype convo and risk account closure for both you and member. Better SM loses the customer than you in the end.
Thank you for responding. I decided this would be best also. My job is to entertain and that is all.

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM in the new contract we had to sign on the dashboard page, it mentions tracking whether or not a room is empty. I do understand that we are not supposed to intentionally leave our stream live when we are not present, but could you explain a little more about this? Will I be disconnected if I have to leave the view of the cam for a moment/minutes, or is this talking about longer periods of time? Thanks for any clarification you can give.

Upvote 0
Hi! Sorry for the question but I'm new in streamate xx but I'm trying to find the camera settings when I go to stream. Is been a headache. I'm trying to find options to change light, contrast etc but I can't :( someone can help me please? Xx

Upvote 0