AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Streamate question/answer and general information

• Thread starter Deleted member 8603
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
D

Deleted member 8603

It would be nice to have threads for everyone that can't get into model's only to get information on how to cam on Streamate more effectively.
So here we are!
Share any information about camming on Streamate.com or ask questions related to camming on SM here!

Important links of note:

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Streamate <this wiki has tons of info from wonderful women on this forum, please read it thoroughly!
https://twitter.com/StreamateModels <this is Vanessa, the in house recruiter. You should, if at all possible, sign up under her if you can. She isn't a studio, and doesn't take any money from you.
http://streamaterecruiting.com/ <This is the site that Vanessa uses to recruit. Use the form there to sign up. It is NOT a studio and is the same as joining directly from streamate.com, except Vanessa can answer questions in a pinch if you've exhausted all other avenues and still need a question answered.

Models, please add anything of note and feel free to ask questions!

@Catalina SM When you say a model needs to work 90 hours in a month for gold shows does that mean 90 hours in the last 30 days, rolling, or does that mean 90 hours in a specific month, like the month of October? Thanks.
Hi, it's the first option. It's the last 30 days of stream. Example: today I check my account and I look at the time I spent online between 12 of September and 12 of October - this is the time that is counted towards qualifying for these tools. I hope my example makes sense and it's understandable :D

Upvote 0
I made a post earlier but I'll ask here as well:

Is gold contribute to the daily spending limit or not?

So my daily limit was $400 and I was charged $623 total for that day. I asked whether or not gold is part of the daily spending limit and spoke to multiple representatives and was told inconsistent policies. At this point their live chat just almost immediately ends the session without answering.

The first rep told me gold contributes to the spending limit, the next said it has the same limit as the daily spending limit, the next told me it contributes to the limit, then another said that gold has unlimited spending, and the last straight up ignored my question and ended the chat.

Look I'm not trying to get out of paying but this is ridiculous; if that is their policy and I owe it, I'll gladly pay up. I just want proof that is their actual policy b/c as I said earlier, multiple reps told me different things and I can't find anywhere that says whether or not gold contributes or not to the limit and each rep told me different things. At this point, they're dodging the question and I'm pretty sure the live chat team are conspiring with each other to tell me the same thing or just ignore me. They don't even let me go into live chat anymore and just reload me back to the support page.

I like this site and want to continue to use it so I'd rather not get banned but I just want a concrete answer with the shown policy.

Thank you

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is gold contribute to the daily spending limit or not?

So my daily limit was $400 and I was charged $623 total for that day. I asked whether or not gold is part of the daily spending limit and spoke to multiple representatives and was told inconsistent policies.
So I'm not part of SM support and have not tested this personally to give you a 100% confirmed answer, but I do like to read site policies and FAQs.
I found this info regarding your question:

Screenshot 2021-10-23 102212.jpg
I'm interpreting this FAQ entry as meaning that the spending limit only applies to money that you spend in a PAID video chat.

So some other examples I can think of where you could spend gold that are not specifically paid chats are:
  • gold given in the free chatroom
  • wheel spins in the free chatrooms
  • gold menu items in the free chatrooms
  • purchasing photos in activity feeds
  • purchasing clips from video libraries
Another area that could be affecting the total is the DAILY aspect. For models, the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) time zone is used as site's day, not our own regional time zones. I assume it would be the same for members as well. So for example, if you are located in New York, the date would roll over at 8PM every day instead of midnight in New York because of the time zone difference.

Hopefully that gives you some clarity on how you could potentially have more than the $400 limit you expected on any given day.
If you still have questions, it could be worth getting clarification from SM Support or suggesting to them that they update the FAQ to include more specific language 🤷‍♀️

Upvote 0
As far as the SM manual and terms go, I feel it's a little conflicting at times with the no nudity in public chat.
May sound like an obvious answer but what is all that is included in the "no below the waist nudity"?

For example, if you're wearing a thong or jock straps, and you stand up to show your ass - is that not technically considered nudity as well since it's your bare butt on the public chat? Or is that considered OK? I've heard showing pubes is sometimes considered a strike/warning. Is showing a naked side profile on camera considered a no-go as well? How about covering your private parts with your hands? I've seen some performers is sheer/mesh coloured lingerie/underwear - wouldn't this be considered nudity as well?
I feel there's some grey areas when it comes to this policy, I tried to reach out to SM support but they just respond with generic messages.

I also find the Gold menu can contradict the terms as far as the "stand up" option, the "show ass option", etc. unlessthose should only be used for privates - but if so, it's somewhat misleading if i'm receiving tips for that in public chat - are you just supposed to ignore that customers request and disappoint them? I feel I need to remove majority of my gold menu/spin the wheel.

Any feedback is appreciated as I simply want to prevent getting any warnings or ban so I can feel comfortable and not second-guess showing and teasing a certain amount in the public chat to fulfill customer requests and entice new customers.

Upvote 0
So I'm not part of SM support and have not tested this personally to give you a 100% confirmed answer, but I do like to read site policies and FAQs.
I found this info regarding your question:

View attachment 90446
I'm interpreting this FAQ entry as meaning that the spending limit only applies to money that you spend in a PAID video chat.

So some other examples I can think of where you could spend gold that are not specifically paid chats are:
  • gold given in the free chatroom
  • wheel spins in the free chatrooms
  • gold menu items in the free chatrooms
  • purchasing photos in activity feeds
  • purchasing clips from video libraries
Another area that could be affecting the total is the DAILY aspect. For models, the GMT (Greenwich Mean Time) time zone is used as site's day, not our own regional time zones. I assume it would be the same for members as well. So for example, if you are located in New York, the date would roll over at 8PM every day instead of midnight in New York because of the time zone difference.

Hopefully that gives you some clarity on how you could potentially have more than the $400 limit you expected on any given day.
If you still have questions, it could be worth getting clarification from SM Support or suggesting to them that they update the FAQ to include more specific language 🤷‍♀️
Thanks for the reply, I forgot to mention that the gold was spent during an exclusive show. Would that make a difference?

I am aware of the time zones (b/c of speaking with representatives lol), so are you saying the time zone resets for every user for example let's just say at midnight at the GMT time zone? B/c regardless it should reset the same time every time for everyone just obviously depending on your timezone.

I'm not trying to weasel out of paying, if that's how it works then I will own up to it. Hopefully email support gets back to me.

Upvote 0
[...]
May sound like an obvious answer but what is all that is included in the "no below the waist nudity"?

[...] How about covering your private parts with your hands? I've seen some performers is sheer/mesh coloured lingerie/underwear - wouldn't this be considered nudity as well?
[...]
Any feedback is appreciated as I simply want to prevent getting any warnings or ban so I can feel comfortable and not second-guess showing and teasing a certain amount in the public chat to fulfill customer requests and entice new customers.
IMO I don't think that you should take into account what other performers are doing in their snapshots and free chatroom. There's often models pushing the limits or straight up breaking the rules.
And I think SM phrases the rules a little bit ambiguously so that they don't run into troubles when someone ultimately tries to get around the rules on a technicality (the first one I think of is 'you can't see my asshole because I'm wearing a gigantic bejewelled buttplug which technically covers it 🙃').

For me personally, I try to think about what would still be appropriate for a beach that allows thongs, so always cover the holes and try to avoid showing a lot of buldging outside of the fabric edges. That means I never wear crotchless or spread my cheeks in g-strings.
And I use the "stand up" and "show ass" options as opportunities to show off my tiny outfit, but still with my panties/thong on, and then I try to upsell members to see the panties come off by taking me into a pvt/exl show.

Upvote 0
Okay after reaching out to support, they specify that gold limits are the same as daily spending having it's own limit but you have if you want a gold limit, you set the limit through support.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone,

Thursday November 11, banks will be closed and no postal service will be running due to the Bank/Federal Holiday. Wires and ACH payments will be delayed until Friday. All other payments will go as scheduled.

.FB.png

Reactions: englishmuffins
Upvote 0
I can not for the life of me get my Lovense Lush to connect to SM. I've tried at least 50 times in the last 3 days. I am connecting the toy while broadcasting live. I get the prompt in the app asking if I want to give the site permission to control the toy and I accept. The site is listed under my accounts tap in the app. But on SM's end, nothing is there. Does anyone know what's going wrong?

Upvote 0
I can not for the life of me get my Lovense Lush to connect to SM. I've tried at least 50 times in the last 3 days. I am connecting the toy while broadcasting live. I get the prompt in the app asking if I want to give the site permission to control the toy and I accept. The site is listed under my accounts tap in the app. But on SM's end, nothing is there. Does anyone know what's going wrong?
hmm my first thought is that this sounds like your phone and computer might be on different Wi-Fi networks. This could happen if you're running a VPN on your devices, or maybe your router splits into 2.4GHz/5GHz signals and your devices are picking up opposite ones?

And as frustrating as it sounds, most of my Lovense Connect app problems resolve themselves when I do a restart of my phone, so maybe try that too😅

For anyone who hasn't seen the FAQ page about interactive vibes, here's a refresher of the instructions that SM provides for the Lovense Connect app:
Lovense Connect and SM Connect.jpg

Upvote 0
@Catalina SM

For 2 nights in a row, I'm getting booted constantly from the site. Members in my room are complaining about it too. They are saying they don't want to get shows because the site keeps glitching and kicking them off randomly, which is exactly what is happening to me on the performer end too. Is SM currently having Server issues? What is going on? Any clue when it will be resolved/ fixed?

I streamed for 33 minutes tonight and was kicked randomly 12 times. This is less than last night, so that's nice. Patch?

• Wat?!
Reactions: LittleLei
Upvote 0
By the title, I'm assuming it's OK to ask a general question regarding Streamate, so here goes. Does any Streamate model know how to rate a model? I want to rate on 5 stars, but I can't figure it out. It's been a long time since I've been at this level of noobiness. I'm flustered....HELP!
Unless this has changed. After the show is done, you should receive a pop-up that says rate the model before you log off. If not, click on the X in the upper right corner so you can rate the model, and/or give a good/bad comment when the show is over. Hope this is helpful.

Upvote 0
does room topic feature is still temporary disabled or is just on my end? Should i ask contact support about it? i've been sporadically camming so i don't know i'm eligible yet for room topic or not.

Upvote 0
does room topic feature is still temporary disabled or is just on my end? Should i ask contact support about it? i've been sporadically camming so i don't know i'm eligible yet for room topic or not.
Its is disabled for everyone still, as far as I know. I know it's still disabled for me too, and I've worked for/ with SM for 6 years. I think they are still working on it.

Upvote 0
That will vary from model to model, what your rates are, and how much you individually work.

Some stream full time 40+ hours. Others stream part time, it all depends on how much you’re willing to be online for.
I had very bad days sometimes, I usually do 3,4,5 hours per day. my rates 4.45pvt and 5.99excl, I never earned $200 a day, the max is just more than $100

Upvote 0
I had very bad days sometimes, I usually do 3,4,5 hours per day. my rates 4.45pvt and 5.99excl, I never earned $200 a day, the max is just more than $100
I’m sorry love, we all have bad days and when they’re back to back it can be disheartening. If you are able to, up your rates! I found that when I increased my rates, the quality of guys I was getting were better and I was enjoying camming more.

Try to cam at prime hours or experiment with what you find prime hours to be for you. This will change as the seasons change because of reoccurring events.

For example:
February to May- my best earning days are sunday, Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.

June to January- my best earning days are Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Saturday.

Try not be so hard on yourself, the market has been heavily saturated with new models due to Covid and it has affected each of us. Try to diversify your income as much as possible as well. Using other sites like SextPanther, niteflirt, clip sites, fan sites, panty sites, etc. It helps a lot when things are slow on SM.

Upvote 0
if you want to make more, raise those rates.

Upvote 0
do u have any experience what to do in free chat? dancing/teasing/ or just sitting ?
I talk a lot, smile and laugh, play music, make jokes. I am very very active in free chat and I also I have a lush which helps a great ton (for me at least). I greet each person as the enter into my room and try to engage them into conversation as best as possible.

When I first started camming, I would pretend to have conversation with a mystery member and as members would come in to I would say “Hi *insert username* how are you?* and then continue on to the pretend conversation. I found that it would engage members to reciprocate conversation back and ask questions.

In my experience, the more active you appear to be in room, chatting, engaging, the more likely members are to engage back and do shows with you.

Upvote 0
I talk a lot, smile and laugh, play music, make jokes. I am very very active in free chat and I also I have a lush which helps a great ton (for me at least). I greet each person as the enter into my room and try to engage them into conversation as best as possible.

When I first started camming, I would pretend to have conversation with a mystery member and as members would come in to I would say “Hi *insert username* how are you?* and then continue on to the pretend conversation. I found that it would engage members to reciprocate conversation back and ask questions.

In my experience, the more active you appear to be in room, chatting, engaging, the more likely members are to engage back and do shows with you.
thank you, that would be very helpful to me. I think I do the same but sometimes they just say hi n disappear that pissed me off.

Upvote 0
thank you, that would be very helpful to me. I think I do the same but sometimes they just say hi n disappear that pissed me off.
Not much that we as models can do about the members short stopping and leaving. It’s a very defeating feeling at times when no one seems interested.

When I first started, I would watch other popular cam model rooms to see what was effective and try to see if that would work for me. I eventually found my own footing and style of what works best for me. You’ll be able to do the same!

Don’t give up though, even when it seems hopeless or when the money isn’t coming in as expected. Many others can probably attest to this as well, but it’ll take time to get a consistently busy room and to see cash flow increase.

Upvote 0
Another question again, can I change my display country to something else since my original server is South East Asia region, it's hard to make money from this server?

Upvote 0
Another question again, can I change my display country to something else since my original server is South East Asia region, it's hard to make money from this server?
You can change that on your model dashboard under My Profile. There should be a link that says "Edit Display Country."

Upvote 0