AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

The (negative?) impact of regular big spenders in rooms

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not know or use that site, but I always assume that if a user tips for some sort of gift, then yes, the model has to go and buy it themselves 🤷‍♂️ . I do not think any platform actually gives such gifts to the models when a user tips, surely tokens / money is all that passes between platform and model.
If the model wants to she can go out and buy it herself. Tip menu items like "flowers" "coffee" "coctails" "dinner" etc are all meant for a little appreciation and a treat for the model -if she wants to ultimately buy those things. Maybe that week she's struggling and she'd rather spend those earned tokens that were tipped for a coffee and dinner to pay a bill. None of your business one it leaves your hands.

If the model wants to she can go out and buy it herself. Tip menu items like "flowers" "coffee" "coctails" "dinner" etc are all meant for a little appreciation and a treat for the model -if she wants to ultimately buy those things. Maybe that week she's struggling and she'd rather spend those earned tokens that were tipped for a coffee and dinner to pay a bill. None of your business one it leaves your hands.
I always figure once the tokens transfer from my account to the models then it her money to do with what she pleases.

I always figure once the tokens transfer from my account to the models then it her money to do with what she pleases.
John Rocha Point GIF by Movie Trivia Schmoedown

This is why I would always rather give tips than buy wishlist items. I can't help but imagine a scenario where she's worried about whether she'll make rent that month or not and then a dildo shows up at her door.

I'm not performing mental gymnastics. I asked a question out of general interest because I've seen these kind of things on a tip menu and wondered how it all hung together and whether it ever caused any bother. It was a perfectly reasonable thing to wonder. I don't ever talk myself out of tipping a model for anything. I wasn't at any point talking about my tipping habits. It's entirely in line with this thread, because some of the bigger "items" are in the realms of the top spenders. I really don't get the hostility. I'm not saying that models shouldn't just get the money, I'm not telling tippers how they should spend their hard earned money. I'm genuinely just wondering if there is ever a disconnect between the two. I'd be very surprised if there hasn't been at some point. It was nothing more than that.

I understand, mist. You're just asking, not implying anything.

One potential reason they list those items instead of just saying "TIP ME $1000": Some people find it hard to simply pay sex workers, or they have to feel like they are morally above it, but they can do mental gymnastics to get over it by buying a "gift" rather than giving cash or paying for a service. 🤷‍♀️ All part of marketing the fantasy.

Oh, I can absolutely see that. Rationalising it as a "gift". I was thinking that tips framed as buying a drink or a massage are putting down an image before people.

The easiest way to handle all of this is to ask what she prefers.

Reactions: mika_kedi
I was asked by my favourite model to buy her (via tokens) a Domi 2.

Guess what? A few days later it arrived and we’ve had loads of fun with it since.

Win-win!

Are you sure because you seemed to be saying you would only chip in for a coffee - anything more expensive and you wouldn't trust that the model would buy the item advertised and would instead pocket the money?

To be honest (not that anyone's ever bought me more than a "coffee" or "cocktails" from my tip lists) I'd be more likely to actually buy the expensive thing and show them proof afterwards as part of a thank you. The drinks I have never actually purchased, nor been asked to prove it/asked how my drinks were...

That's what would bother me because a gift is a gift so why should someone need "proof"? I feel bad that you would feel a need to do that.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
The easiest way to handle all of this is to ask what she prefers.
Agreed, however I was responding to something Yummybrownfox posted rather than anything which pertained to any moral dilemma I had. It was an innocent enough query, although perhaps I could have been clearer and confused things by saying I would tip for a coffee. I was just genuinely wondering whether there are big enough items and big enough assholes to make this kind of tip menu item into an aggravation. That was all.

That's what would bother me because a gift is a gift so why should someone need "proof"? I feel bad that you would feel a need to do that.
No, again I'm not talking about me. But I bet there will be someone out there who wants proof which is what I was basically wondering. Does it ever become a hassle. Nothing more.

I've never experienced the "no show bb" types.
I've been in a couple rooms when that happens. The users get really pissed, especially when the tipping toward the goal is really active and someone tips more than the goal for "no show bb." People complain in the chat that they've been cheated. And, when the next goal completes with "no show bb" people leave the room in droves.

I've been in a couple rooms when that happens. The users get really pissed, especially when the tipping toward the goal is really active and someone tips more than the goal for "no show bb." People complain in the chat that they've been cheated. And, when the next goal completes with "no show bb" people leave the room in droves.
Weird. Seems like the model is playing with fire when allowing this to happen.

Reactions: Hiunds
A few times I've had the model decide to not do the goal. When I was the only one tipping to complete it. She told the room no she since no one else helped. Then she pms me saying she would just make me a video.

Reactions: Hiunds
Can someone explain the difference between a "no show bb" and an "end my day" tip?
I'm a notorious end my day tipper. Lol. Usually it's because she has a goal to meet before she can or wants to leave. Usually the model I frequent only puts this up very close to the end of the night.

I'm a notorious end my day tipper. Lol. Usually it's because she has a goal to meet before she can or wants to leave. Usually the model I frequent only puts this up very close to the end of the night.
Yeah, but what's a "no show" tip then? They stay around but don't do anything on cam?

A few times I've had the model decide to not do the goal. When I was the only one tipping to complete it. She told the room no she since no one else helped. Then she pms me saying she would just make me a video.
I have most definitely done that - If just one person is contributing, and there are no other viewers who have also been big contributors recently. Sometimes the member has already PMd me at the time saying "if you're tired and just wanna go feel free, just didn't want you to not make your token goal" or some such. It really feels nice, and that we're being treated as human and not a performing robot. :)

I have most definitely done that - If just one person is contributing, and there are no other viewers who have also been big contributors recently. Sometimes the member has already PMd me at the time saying "if you're tired and just wanna go feel free, just didn't want you to not make your token goal" or some such. It really feels nice, and that we're being treated as human and not a performing robot. :)
I've also had her decide to just do the goal in a club show. And send me a pass. So I get to see it but others don't get to freeload.. lol. It's nice when she does things like that. I've also told her not to bother doing the show if she doesn't feel like it. That is usually when she says "yeah screw these freeloaders. I'll make you a video later sometime." Lol

Can someone explain the difference between a "no show bb" and an "end my day" tip?
end of day tip is fair game - it's like taking a super long private. When it happens all the time it gets a little annoying as a user, but it is still fair game.

Clearing goals repeatedly before others who want to see them completed have a chance to are being dicks. They are trying to control the room and fuck with other users or show what paladins they are for not asking sex workers to do sex work like the uncouth do

Yeah, but what's a "no show" tip then? They stay around but don't do anything on cam?
example -

Goal #1: take off top 200 tkn

<user tips 200 tkn with public tip note "no show bb">

Goal #2 goes up - get naked 400 tkn

<user tips 400 tkn with public tip note "no show bb">

Goal #3 goes up - masturbate 600 tkn

<user tips 600 tkn with public tip note "no show bb">

Its great if they are the only person with tokens in the room, but when there are other users who came ready to participate in meeting goals and watch them it is annoying as hell

In the case of the model I was referencing she kind of hangs out on the couch with an uncomfortable look on her face.

I have done this too - it is not the same thing. Basically tipping members are getting blocked from participating

example -

Goal #1: take off top 200 tkn

<user tips 200 tkn with public tip note "no show bb">

Goal #2 goes up - get naked 400 tkn

<user tips 400 tkn with public tip note "no show bb">

Goal #3 goes up - masturbate 600 tkn

<user tips 600 tkn with public tip note "no show bb">

Its great if they are the only person with tokens in the room, but when there are other users who came ready to participate in meeting goals and watch them it is annoying as hell

In the case of the model I was referencing she kind of hangs out on the couch with an uncomfortable look on her face.
So they want to tip but not activate the goal? I'll never understand people I guess.

Reactions: Taxistheft
So they want to tip but not activate the goal? I'll never understand people I guess.
In this particular case it is about making a huge show out of "I support the model but I am too high class to ask for the sex stuff that the goal entails" and enforcing that on the rest of the room. One time I beat this dude to the punch on a goal and as soon as she started the goal he took her private to stop it. It was very dysfunctional

In this particular case it is about making a huge show out of "I support the model but I am too high class to ask for the sex stuff that the goal entails" and enforcing that on the rest of the room. One time I beat this dude to the punch on a goal and as soon as she started the goal he took her private to stop it. It was very dysfunctional
I would probably leave those rooms. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.