AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Weird etiquette.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Addressing the thread topic not the OP, I don't know if this qualifies as "weird etiquette", but when I first got an account, I thought that it might be awkward to go to rooms of people I knew from here - specifically that someone who knows me from ACF might be uncomfortable with me visiting her room on MFC. Turned out that it's not a problem, I'm happy to say. At least in my experience so far, anyway.

(I'm sometimes silly naive, actually)

To provide some background for anyone who may be interested, I discovered ACF before camsites, became curious about camsites and got a user account, enjoyed both the chatroom atmosphere and seeing someone looking sexy and seriously considered and researched becoming a model myself. :)

Addressing the thread topic not the OP, I don't know if this qualifies as "weird etiquette", but when I first got an account, I thought that it might be awkward to go to rooms of people I knew from here - specifically that someone who knows me from ACF might be uncomfortable with me visiting her room on MFC. Turned out that it's not a problem, I'm happy to say. At least in my experience so far, anyway.

(I'm sometimes silly naive, actually)

I’m the same way. I always think it might be awkward to visit the room of models who post here. But I can’t really justify why I think that, because the few times I have visited models from this forum as a customer, it was completely fine. Nonetheless, I tend not to do it.

I’m the same way. I always think it might be awkward to visit the room of models who post here. But I can’t really justify why I think that, because the few times I have visited models from this forum as a customer, it was completely fine. Nonetheless, I tend not to do it.
I'll say that when I first joined ACF, I made an uninformed assumption that at least some models would treat the public forums here as a break from on-screen work, a place to hang out with other models and share experiences, solve issues etc, and therefore they may not appreciate any crossover of members into their rooms. Not from any sense of awkwardness though, just potentially mixing work with work-related hanging out (if that makes sense?)
I realised pretty quickly that I was wrong, at least from those that expressed their opinion.
Still learning every day of my life.

It's never been an issue for me. The first time I see someone cool from here on MFC and stop in to say hi, I tell her that it's me in a tip note and I've always felt welcome. The only big difference is that we have ACF in common and she knows who she's dealing with. The conversations are pretty mild but that's cool. Your experiences may be different from mine though.

I log in from time to time to wind down and I enjoy a room with conversations that often include spicy girl talk and risqué humour. And someone being sexy and flirty in lingerie is definitely fun! But I don't want to be excited by a model I know from here, I just want to say hi. Maybe that's weird but it's harmless.

It's never been an issue for me. The first time I see someone cool from here on MFC and stop in to say hi, I tell her that it's me in a tip note and I've always felt welcome. The only big difference is that we have ACF in common and she knows who she's dealing with. The conversations are pretty mild but that's cool. Your experiences may be different from mine though.

I log in from time to time to wind down and I enjoy a room with conversations that often include spicy girl talk and risqué humour. And someone being sexy and flirty in lingerie is definitely fun! But I don't want to be excited by a model I know from here, I just want to say hi. Maybe that's weird but it's harmless.

Yeah, I can understand that. And I’m sure the vibe can vary depending on a lot of factors. But I’ve had a good experience the few times I’ve done it. Good chat, good show, spent some money, no apparent awkwardness. But I still have that initial hesitation, for some reason.

I believe I also used the tip note when I introduced myself, but I don’t recall. Might have been via PM.

Reactions: Lilly_____
Maybe you forgot, but I remembered your comment in this thread below, since I changed my view on the assumption I mentioned earlier:
As long as my understanding goes, the point kitty made in your quote is the same she's making here?

I had a few members from here visiting me and had pleasant experiences, @ArcticKitty being one of them! I think as long as you're respectful, tip accordingly and don't act like "so, we already know each other so I suppose we're besties huh" lol it's all good. Of course that's just me.

i will say, the majority of active acf cam members are a pretty good lot from my experience. i have never been visited by one who didnt tip me a few bucks if they stopped by to say hey.

i've had users from here i have gotten into some heated disagreements in past threads throughout the years still would visit my room with a tip.

ok, I'm sorry I don't understand.
No probs, will explain. In the quoted reply from that previous thread, your comment was:
'At first I felt awkward visiting a model who is a member of ACF because I was afraid she might feel awkward about me being there'

And in this thread, your comment was
'It's never been an issue for me.'

As long as my understanding goes, the point kitty made in your quote is the same she's making here?

I had a few members from here visiting me and had pleasant experiences, @ArcticKitty being one of them! I think as long as you're respectful, tip accordingly and don't act like "so, we already know each other so I suppose we're besties huh" lol it's all good. Of course that's just me.

Awww, thank you, Lilly! :)

No probs, will explain. In the quoted reply from that previous thread, your comment was:
'At first I felt awkward visiting a model who is a member of ACF because I was afraid she might feel awkward about me being there'

And in this thread, your comment was
'It's never been an issue for me.'

Yes, I don't see anything remarkable about what I said here and in that fucked up thread. So forgive me if I'm missing something that's dead obvious here.

eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

@ArcticKitty is good peeps

I'm starting to feel like misterical with the need to explain myself, but as simply as I can put it, I'm there (in a room) for the craic. It may get titillating but it's still just chat.

Not to be crude, I can frig it with the best of them, but I don't do privates or to a model during a room show; it's just not for me.

I don't know if you find me difficult to understand, @rockin_rod but hopefully this clarifies things.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
ArcticKitty is cool! 😎 She's visited my room a few times, and chatted with me and tipped me while those sorry-ass dudes (perfectly capable of talking and/or tipping) just sat in my room doing nothing.

• Hugs
Reactions: ArcticKitty
I don't know if you find me difficult to understand, @rockin_rod but hopefully this clarifies things.
Perhaps I could have been clearer, I was saying that you found out (same as I did) that despite initial concern how it might work out, the professionalism of the models that frequent ACF, together with your own behaviour in their rooms, meant that there was no awkwardness at all in visiting them.
If I caused misunderstanding and offence, then I apologise.

Perhaps I could have been clearer, I was saying that you found out (same as I did) that despite initial concern how it might work out, the professionalism of the models that frequent ACF, together with your own behaviour in their rooms, meant that there was no awkwardness at all in visiting them.
If I caused misunderstanding and offence, then I apologise.

No worries, I was just confused by the comparison of something I said yesterday with I said on 21/9/22. Regarding my concerns about awkwardness, I think it reflected uncertainty about expectations, the more so being a girl.

Then too, they're legit good people and I'm low maintenance. :)

ArcticKitty is cool! 😎 She's visited my room a few times, and chatted with me and tipped me while those sorry-ass dudes (perfectly capable of talking and/or tipping) just sat in my room doing nothing.

Hey Ms. Fox! :) It's only a few times because we keep missing each other! Same with Amber who I was lucky enough to see last night only it was midnight and I was on my way to bed.

Interested to know if anyone has any weird cam etiquette that they find themselves questioning the sanity of.

The model I visit regularly has a couple of really close friends who are also models. They are really close. Like sisters. I visit them to say hi regularly but only for a very short length of time and I don't tip them or take a show from them. Every time I'm in one of their rooms and someone tips them for something sexual, I hastily make my excuses and leave. They know the relationship I have with their friend and I don't want things to be awkward. It just feels completely wrong to hang around and see them naked etc. It always feels totally awkward when I leave. I can't close the browser fast enough lol

Does anyone else have any weird quirks like this? Or even weirder? :rofl:
Dude… this is just… if I had a memver like you doing that regulary, i would ban their ass. It’s rude to always show up, never tip, do small talk and then bail only to show up again and do the same thing.

You might think you are doing them solid, like showing them you respect them that’s why you wouldn’t sit to watch something you haven’t paid for, but that’s not how you should go about it.

Tip them, or don’t show up. That simple.

I'm not trying to bait anyone. It's not difficult to provoke outrage here. A guy got roasted the other day for asking about a beeping sound.
Actually it's pretty hard unless you intentionally hit certain well known buttons. Learn to read the room. How often do you see Brett, Rod, Ozzie or many of the other regulars get roasted?

Your problem is that you keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper way past the point of no return. This thread is a good example. The idea of members posting some of their idiosyncrasies in a light way could be fun and interesting. However you started with a post that you knew pushed the same buttons you've pushed before and would simply get models annoyed. Then you argue about it getting them even more annoyed.

Actually it's pretty hard unless you intentionally hit certain well known buttons. Learn to read the room. How often do you see Brett, Rod, Ozzie or many of the other regulars get roasted?

Your problem is that you keep digging yourself in deeper and deeper way past the point of no return. This thread is a good example. The idea of members posting some of their idiosyncrasies in a light way could be fun and interesting. However you started with a post that you knew pushed the same buttons you've pushed before and would simply get models annoyed. Then you argue about it getting them even more annoyed.
Well, admittedly with a week of reflection I can see why I hit a nerve. As always, my intention was to spark discussion so I'm pleased to see that even after me making an ass of it initially, it seems to have reached that destination eventually.

Well, admittedly with a week of reflection I can see why I hit a nerve. As always, my intention was to spark discussion so I'm pleased to see that even after me making an ass of it initially, it seems to have reached that destination eventually.
Are you on the Austism spectrum? Or just a sociopath? You seem to be a lot like Sheldon Cooper from The Big Bang Theory, for lack of a better comparison.

It doesn't matter to you how you arrived at the destination as long as you got there, leaving collateral damage in your path. That is unkind, inconsiderate, and down right antisocial behavior.

Status
Not open for further replies.