AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Misconceptions regarding where you live

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really

Are you really from Texas? You don't sound like it. Wanna go get drunk? ;)

*southern accent*
Well by golly, let's go get us a case of LONESTAR and drank in the back o' my pickup truck!!!!!

*southern accent*
Well by golly, let's go get us a case of LONESTAR and drank in the back o' my pickup truck!!!!!

A by gawd! Let's do! But let's go parkin' out by tha Mooooon Tow-ah; heh?

A by gawd! Let's do! But let's go parkin' out by tha Mooooon Tow-ah; heh?
you lost me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

You say that as a joke, and yet I've said that sentence, nearly verbatim, more times than I can count. And I've never been anywhere near Texas...
i mean.... who doesn't love cheap beer 'n stuff? :)

When I moved to Florida, I thought I'd make friends with all sorts of nice, happy old people. Instead, this place is mostly retirees from New England areas (few of whom seem interested in my friendship) and tweakers. There are a lot of older Jamaican folks here to befriend at least. I also expected Mexican food everywhere. But, it's all Cuban food.

As for Michigan, I'd like to than Michael Moore for making Flint look terrible to people who will never ever see it for real. And, we aren't all ICP kids.

When I moved to Florida, I thought I'd make friends with all sorts of nice, happy old people. Instead, this place is mostly retirees from New England areas (few of whom seem interested in my friendship) and tweakers. There are a lot of older Jamaican folks here to befriend at least. I also expected Mexican food everywhere. But, it's all Cuban food.

As for Michigan, I'd like to than Michael Moore for making Flint look terrible to people who will never ever see it for real. And, we aren't all ICP kids.

Mmm Mexican food...now I'm hungry

I once had a bf from abroad, when his highly christian family ( no offence, but they were really really seriotype) found out i was from holland, they automatically assumed i did drugs and partied hard and had sex very night with some random dude. you should have seen their faces when my pill fell out of my bag. *rolls eyes*

people pretty much assume i smoke weed as well because its legal.

people also assume we still wear wooden shoes.... O_O (I know right).... okey well some do lol

• Funny!
Reactions: eyeteach

Son of a bitch. I grew up in Minnesota and thought it wasn't a very racist state. Honestly was never an issue while I lived there in any news or social setting.

I just took a better look at that map, and found an interactive version of it you can zoom in on wherever you want on this site. http://newsone.com/3021899/how-many-kkk-chapters-are-in-your-area/

Yeah, the KKK chapter in Minnesota is 7 miles away from the house my family lived in while I was in 6th to 9th grade.
o_O :eek: :confused: :shake: :mad: :yuck: :wtf: :fubar: :wideyed: :vomit: :swear: :spitoutdummy: :sour: :rage:

I am going to go with the assumption it originated recently, long after I moved away.

I live in a major tourist trap city and really the big pulls of this place are nothing special to me. But maybe it's just because I've lived here my whole life.

Some tourist-y things I never understand. Like when I live across the street from AE's distribution plant or whatever the fuck it is, people would take pictures "milking" the giant cow statue out front. Why. It's just a statue of a cow why are you interested what are you doing?

Happy to see that, according to this list, Wisconsin does not have an active chapter. We're nice people. Like Canadians but a little south of them. :)

Goddammit, Iowa's got two.

And it's a delicious appetizer, followed by a fried tenderloin on a stick, and a deep fried Twinkie for desert

Don't forget the $12 beer to wash it down! Why the fuck do people buy ANYTHING to eat or drink at that damn thing? I never go, but if I did, I'd pack a lunch and wear a CamelBack, fuck those prices.

I'm from Wisconsin and damn there are a lot.

To the outside world we are all just overweight rednecks who drink beer and eat cheese while we grill out on our farms in our Packer jerseys and cheesehead hats yelling about how many deer we shot to hang over our mantel and how proud we are about being Wisconsinites.

Actually now that I say this, it is actually partially true for about half the state. But we're not all that way. :haha:

I'm from Wisconsin and damn there are a lot.

To the outside world we are all just overweight rednecks who drink beer and eat cheese while we grill out on our farms in our Packer jerseys and cheesehead hats yelling about how many deer we shot to hang over our mantel and how proud we are about being Wisconsinites.

Actually now that I say this, it is actually partially true for about half the state. But we're not all that way. :haha:
I knew a guy from Green Bay and he hated the Packers because he said every where you turn there is Packer posters, signs, and merchandise. He said it drove him Nuts.

Don't forget the $12 beer to wash it down! Why the fuck do people buy ANYTHING to eat or drink at that damn thing? I never go, but if I did, I'd pack a lunch and wear a CamelBack, fuck those prices.

Growing up whenever the family would go to amusement parks, fairs, renaissance festivals, we always packed a large cooler with lunch and drinks. We'd sit in the parking lot if needed and eat before we'd pay those stupidly high prices.

I knew a guy from Green Bay and he hated the Packers because he said every where you turn there is Packer posters, signs, and merchandise. He said it drove him Nuts.

That guy had to know he was getting into that before living in Green Bay. The difference between the Packers and literally every other NFL team is that it is based in a tiny, small town. You don't see that anywhere else in the NFL. Green Bay is a tiny town that our state's kickass team (which I say with us dominating the NFC north) is based in. So GB lives and breathes the Packers. There is also the fact that the Packers are owned by the community as a co-op and not by an individual person, which is a community structure that does not exist anywhere else in the NFL. Green Bay and the Packers are a very unique, amazing team. But LOL to anyone living in GB and being surprised that everything is Packers related.

The times I've been to Wisconsin, people were really kind of snobby and uppity at me. I thought they would just be kind of country and laid back. Country and uppity was an unimpressive combo.

That guy had to know he was getting into that before living in Green Bay. The difference between the Packers and literally every other NFL team is that it is based in a tiny, small town. You don't see that anywhere else in the NFL. Green Bay is a tiny town that our state's kickass team (which I say with us dominating the NFC north) is based in. So GB lives and breathes the Packers. There is also the fact that the Packers are owned by the community as a co-op and not by an individual person, which is a community structure that does not exist anywhere else in the NFL. Green Bay and the Packers are a very unique, amazing team. But LOL to anyone living in GB and being surprised that everything is Packers related.
He was born and raised there.

The times I've been to Wisconsin, people were really kind of snobby and uppity at me. I thought they would just be kind of country and laid back. Country and uppity was an unimpressive combo.

Your first problem was not visiting the city! I never even saw country Wisconsin until adulthood!

I'm originally from northern Illinois and everyone is always surprised when I say I've only ever gone to Chicago 3-4 times? Never been to Six Flags either. Hate football, baseball, and I'm a Red Wings fan.
We do however, have impressive farms where I live. The Meijer in my home town has 3 farms surrounding it.
If you live anywhere near a Metra last stop, you probably deal with small groups of gang members but they don't care about anything other than getting a town or two over.
I've seen more gang members in Coralville IA than back in IL.

I secretly hate meeting new people when I travel because apparently EVERYONE in New York lives in New York City and it's the same conversation every time....

Them: Where are you from?

Me: New York State

Them: OH! I've always wanted to go to New York City!

Me: No... the state, not the city, near Buffalo actually in the western part of the state

Them: Oh... (said in a tone of voice approximately 60% disappointment, 30% confusion, and 10% pity)

People fixate on NYC so much that once when I said that I was from western New York State the person's response was, "what? west like, near New Jersey?" I sympathize deeply with Russians and Alaskans as most people tend to assume that Buffalo is also a frozen wasteland covered in snow all year round (November 2014 didn't do much to dispel that myth, just google Buffalo November Storm to see what I mean) . Winter does show up early and leave a bit late but it's usually really not THAT cold, we just get dumped on every now and again by lake effect snow from that giant frozen cesspool otherwise known as Lake Erie.

I secretly hate meeting new people when I travel because apparently EVERYONE in New York lives in New York City and it's the same conversation every time....

Them: Where are you from?

Me: New York State

Them: OH! I've always wanted to go to New York City!

Me: No... the state, not the city, near Buffalo actually in the western part of the state

Them: Oh... (said in a tone of voice approximately 60% disappointment, 30% confusion, and 10% pity)

People fixate on NYC so much that once when I said that I was from western New York State the person's response was, "what? west like, near New Jersey?" I sympathize deeply with Russians and Alaskans as most people tend to assume that Buffalo is also a frozen wasteland covered in snow all year round (November 2014 didn't do much to dispel that myth, just google Buffalo November Storm to see what I mean) . Winter does show up early and leave a bit late but it's usually really not THAT cold, we just get dumped on every now and again by lake effect snow from that giant frozen cesspool otherwise known as Lake Erie.

people underestimate how big the whole state is. I'm from the NYC area the majority of the first 28 years of my life, but also know a bit of upstate NY. Now live a few states further West... and when people mention Buffalo or Rochester because it's closer to here and I'm like dude idfk those places are like 6+ hours away from anywhere I've lived. When I drive back on I-90 I've got quite a long ass trek through NY before I'm anywhere near anywhere I want to be ;). Lots of mountains though! don't underestimate NY State's mountains. Gorgeous. Go see the leaves.

NYC blah blah blah people have a million things to say about it...
I'm always shocked at how people don't realize how big the city really is and constantly find myself explaining the concept of 5 different boroughs...how manhattan is one island... there are four other boroughs... they are all their own worlds and could each stand alone and still be larger than most major cities.

out here I get a lot of "oh ny.. so like brooklyn then?" NY IS NOT JUST BROOKLYN GAHHH.
But the yankees and pizza are way better than everyone else eff you too.

In contrast I basically live in suburbia anytown USA anymore and my NY'ers think I live on a farm or total hillbilly. (although I did live on farm property for a bit haha)
Also my fam has no concept of which states are in between or what Great Lakes are where when I talk about driving back and forth.

maybe people need more maps in their lives....

this is NYC.
300px-New_York_City_District_Map.png

this is NY State. :haha:

333062_clanok_foto_529.jpg

both pretty effin big eh? I remember one time trying to explain you could fit almost 2 Irelands inside one NY State to Irish people who lived in NY to no avail.

also we all think we know everything... (because we do) :angelic:

I'm originally from Oregon and I can assure you of a few things.
Micro and craft breweries are everywhere. In my smallish town in southern oregon there were 34 of them. Portland is exactly like a hipster bay area, The coasts are amazing, People are either crazy for or crazy against logging. There's lots of natual food/organic/health nuts (not a bad thing) but aside a few notable cities (Portland, Roseburg,Bandon, Ashland, Crater lake) it's 90% meth and heroin users. There's 0 economy anywhere but Roseburg and Portland, so unemployment is just nuts.

I live in kentucky now, unsurprisingly less "Liberal" than my friends here insist it is (near Louisville anyhow)

• Helpful!
Reactions: eyeteach
I think New Yorkers (city and upstate) often forget how big the state is. I live in the city and when I tell customers that, I'll often hear guys from Buffalo/Rochester/Syracuse/wherever ask if I'd consider meeting them. One: delusional, because this is a camsite. And two: SO FAR AWAY. In my personal life, I don't even like dating someone if they live more than 30 minutes away via public transportation.

Status
Not open for further replies.