AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Took a LONG break, traffic is painfully low

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MissElly

Inactive Cam Model
May 14, 2014
Denmark
Twitter Username
@EllyGoesBoom
Chaturbate Username
misselly
ManyVids URL
https://www.manyvids.com/Profile/1000899203/MissElly/
So this's the beef - I started camming over 4 years ago, first on MFC, and then switching to Chaturbate (as it fit my style much better than MFC). I also meddled about testing out different sites, to see what fit me best (so I have broadcaster accounts on MFC, CB, Cam4, etc) Long story short, after about a year on CB, life shit happened and I had to clock out of camming and focus on my private life.

Fast foward 3 years, lots of shit has changed, and I decided to get back into the cam world. I revived the old CB account, honestly not expecting much, if anything. It went a little better than I was expecting for about a week, but I am stumped as to how to get my traffic up.

I went from having on average a 500 viewer count to struggling to hit 20. Obviously, I don't expect to rando jump up to those numbers again without a great deal of hard work, but after a month back, it just seems like the numbers are getting worse and worse. Ive taken pay periods into account (obviously higher traffic and more tippers right after payday, and the opposite in the last week of the month) and numbers are still dwindling.
My ass has been saved by one or two old regulars who found me and came right back, which has me completely floored and humbled, and one new regular who is absolutely fantastic, but I need to get my traffic up.
Ive got twitter which I am very active on, and manyvids where Im pumping out content like nobodies business and trying to promote as much as possible, but it seems like it's doing absolutely nothing.

Ive considered making a new account to broadcast from on CB, but I've read mixed reviews on doing that, and some have said that you don't get the new model tag if CB registers that the same verification info has been used on a previous account?

Either way, are there any people who have taken such a long break, and managed to get back on their feet?
I would go to a different site, but I have old broadcasting accounts on both MFC and Cam4, which would leave me in the same predicament as I am with CB.

Is there any way to come back from this, or am I in a position to basically write off ever camming successfully again?

Well I can definitely say that starting a new account you will most likely not get the new status. If chaturbate did that many models would keep restarting accounts to try and get that status back if their main accounts aren't doing to well.

Going from 500 to 20 viewers can definitely be discouraging but I do think with hard work you can slowly but surely move up as you continue to attract more regulars and what not. Maybe try and cam when the site is a little slower and you can move up a lot faster on the placements? On Sundays for example many top models are not on so it's easy to go from 20 viewers during a weekday to hundreds on a weekend. Least in my experience anyways.

At any rate, even with lower viewers you can still make GOOD money. Another option is to multi broadcast on multiple sites at once to make up for a lack of viewership on other sites.

Well I can definitely say that starting a new account you will most likely not get the new status. If chaturbate did that many models would keep restarting accounts to try and get that status back if their main accounts aren't doing to well.

Going from 500 to 20 viewers can definitely be discouraging but I do think with hard work you can slowly but surely move up as you continue to attract more regulars and what not. Maybe try and cam when the site is a little slower and you can move up a lot faster on the placements? On Sundays for example many top models are not on so it's easy to go from 20 viewers during a weekday to hundreds on a weekend. Least in my experience anyways.

At any rate, even with lower viewers you can still make GOOD money. Another option is to multi broadcast on multiple sites at once to make up for a lack of viewership on other sites.
Yeah that's what I was worried about with the new model tag business. I have stories from both sides, hearing about how it tanked with new accounts, and how it went amazing and fixed everything.
But yeah, Im definitely putting in the hours. I only have every other weekend to really put in a large chunk of hours (single mum so every other weekend Ive got a kid at home) tho I do broadcast for a few hours every day, with a schedule up etc. so people know how and where to find me. Im definitely not giving up yet. I do have a rig, setup, and internet connection that could easily pull splitcamming so I might give that a shot. Ive heard back from MFC that I might be able to make a fresh account which might give me my new model status back, but Im not counting on it until I see it with my own eyes lol
but then I will give splitcamming a shot. Ill be using the next few days reading through every forum topic on every forum I can get my hands on to learn what I can. I know a bit by now, while I havent been camming for 3 years Ive still kept an eye on things.

I guess I was hoping for a quick(er) fix, but I suppose Im looking at the long haul now. I want to get back up there so Ill put in the time. And thanks for the reply

Status
Not open for further replies.