AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Lo Bw / Hi Bw Low End Video Interface

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2017
For models not using the newer OBS interface on CB, I am noticing some strange interface that puts the words "LO BW" or "HI BW" on the right side of the video display. What is that?

For a model not using OBS, can they still broadcast at higher resolutions? I am also not clear on CB, when I see a variety of resolution choices in the bottom right corner, is that always going to be a model using OBS?

Possibly low bandwidth/high bandwidth?

You would assume something like that, yeah. But I was hoping to dig out more details of how it works now.

When I go to broadcast on the CB testbed - where there is no OBS provided - the resolution dropdown still populates with a ton of resolutions, both low and high resolutions. So that seems to imply that you can still broadcast at high resolutions using the old non-OBS interface. How exactly are they mapping all those detailed resolutions to this very bizarre generic "LO" and "HI" classification?

I get the feeling they are trying to pressure people onto OBS because they want to get rid of Flash in their browser UI. That's probably the source of performance problems on the client as well as a lot of support issues for CB.

CB is apparently transcoding 100% of all OBS encoder streams and about 15% of broadcasts that use the original Flash broadcast software. Their intent long-term is to try to transcode everything.

I will don't understand when a non-transcoded broadcast gets marked LO and when it gets marked HI.

Status
Not open for further replies.