AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 4, 2018
I've been using ePayments with Chaturbate to get my money for a few months now, and my payments have been getting through just fine.

However, they keep having problems and temporarily disabling various services. I'm afraid that some day my transfer will get lost out there. Are you guys using ePayments, and what are your experiences with them?

I see there is also an option to convert the money you receive to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Has anyone tried to do that, and were there any problems with the service?

I've been using ePayments with Chaturbate to get my money for a few months now, and my payments have been getting through just fine.

However, they keep having problems and temporarily disabling various services. I'm afraid that some day my transfer will get lost out there. Are you guys using ePayments, and what are your experiences with them?

I see there is also an option to convert the money you receive to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Has anyone tried to do that, and were there any problems with the service?

I read here back in April that e-Payments had suspended receiving wire transfers denominated in USD. How is CB getting around that? Maybe the limitation was only for new accounts?

There was also some press release from e-Payments about suspending new cards. That might be MasterCard and VISA starting to distance themselves from anything adult-related. I worry about services like e-Payments having to suddenly stop issuing cards at all. Maybe e-Payments is diversified enough that they will not get the same heat that First Choice Pay received from MasterCard.

The other thing that always struck me as weird about e-Payments was that their terms of service prohibit adult "content". But what is interesting about that is the examples they give are two specific activities that are illegal. They never clearly state that they prohibit legal adult content, and they appear to turn a blind eye to that.

Eventually cryptocurrency may be a necessary way to get paid, particularly if companies like e-Payments start to distance themselves from US regulation and US dollar payments. But cryptocurrency has the risk of extreme currency fluctuations. They also require you to be a bit of a computer security expert to avoid getting your currency stolen by hackers. But it would not hurt to buy a good hardware wallet and start to get some experience using them with incredibly small amounts of money, just to develop a skill set for the future.

Thank you for your reply. I also think that suspending the issuance of new cards is kind of shady. I just hope that they don't pull an exit scam on us.

Thank you for your reply. I also think that suspending the issuance of new cards is kind of shady. I just hope that they don't pull an exit scam on us.

e-Payments is regulated in the UK and looks to be a real company with good management. It does not look like a sleazy operation, at least not at the surface.

Have you run into any problems receiving wires from CB denominated in USD? I suggested to CB a while ago that they consider an option to send out transfers to international models in Euros. MFC already has that option. What I really want to know is did e-Payments reverse its stance from April saying that it would no longer receive incoming wires denominated in USD?

e-Payments is regulated in the UK and looks to be a real company with good management. It does not look like a sleazy operation, at least not at the surface.

Have you run into any problems receiving wires from CB denominated in USD? I suggested to CB a while ago that they consider an option to send out transfers to international models in Euros. MFC already has that option. What I really want to know is did e-Payments reverse its stance from April saying that it would no longer receive incoming wires denominated in USD?

I don't really know how this whole thing works. Apparently CB sends money from their bank account to their ePayments wallet, and then send out payments internally, within the ePayments system, from wallet to wallet. At least that was my case when I contacted support. I'm not a US citizen, so I can't take advantage of CB's direct wire. As an EU citizen with a EUR bank account, I can receive USD, convert them to EUR and send them without any problems to my bank.

In late June I received the following message from ePayments in my mail:
"As previously announced, we have had to temporarily suspend both incoming and outgoing bank transfers in USD due to the internal processes of our partner bank. We have been working hard to resolve this issue, and we are pleased to say that services are beginning to be restored for some customers based on their account activity. We’re continuing to work closely with our banking partner, as well as exploring other solutions, to bring this service fully back online for everyone."

It's all kind of complicated. From what I gather, they're a UK service but this alleged partner bank they talk about is in the Baltics (forgot which country). Seems like they suspend services and restore them every other month. Crypto transfers were also suspended shortly in the beginning of 2018. Rouble transfers were also suspended recently I think. Euros seem to be the safest bet.

Last edited:
  • Helpful!
Reactions: Smores
I don't really know how this whole thing works. Apparently CB sends money from their bank account to their ePayments wallet, and then send out payments internally, within the ePayments system, from wallet to wallet. At least that was my case when I contacted support. I'm not a US citizen, so I can't take advantage of CB's direct wire. As an EU citizen with a EUR bank account, I can receive USD, convert them to EUR and send them without any problems to my bank.

Ah, I did not realize that CB was supporting direct payments to an e-Payments wallet. That is great.

I am sorry about the other problems you are having. Russian models are some of my favorites and have pretty serious obstacles to overcome.

I’m using epayments and they sometimes have some tecnical issues but they fix it quickly so i get money without problems.

1 hour exact ago chaturbate sent my payment on epayments
but i no see yet money on epayments
usually are immediatly
someone know some problems?

1 hour exact ago chaturbate sent my payment on epayments
but i no see yet money on epayments
usually are immediatly
someone know some problems?
I see this message on epayments:

Attachments

• 0640D570-8496-4FA4-A73F-93CBA946FD93.png
    0640D570-8496-4FA4-A73F-93CBA946FD93.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 34
Mastercard is undertaking a wholesale renewal of chips. This coincides with a review of our card programme with Mastercard. As such, from 6th August we will be unable to support this renewal and will no longer be able to reissue cards to existing customers should their card be compromised.
i see today this message on EPAYMENTS .... what's means? after 6 august we can't withdraw from ATM and use card?

Mastercard is undertaking a wholesale renewal of chips. This coincides with a review of our card programme with Mastercard. As such, from 6th August we will be unable to support this renewal and will no longer be able to reissue cards to existing customers should their card be compromised.
i see today this message on EPAYMENTS .... what's means? after 6 august we can't withdraw from ATM and use card?

The e-mail that ePayments sent out says these things (paraphrased):

1) Mastercard has them under review. They don't know how that review will end. Possibly Mastercard will revoke their privileges to issue new cards, but that has not been decided. So for now the existing cards continue to work until their expiration dates.

2) Separately, Mastercard is changing its chip technology. For reasons e-Payments is not explaining they apparently can only replace cards that were compromised with fraudulent use with cards that use the old chip. Since Mastercard is now using a new chip technology, that apparently means e-Payments cannot issue any more cards using the old chip. If and when they pass the Mastercard "review" then they would be able to issue replacement cards with the new chip technology.

The way I read the e-mail, your card still works until its expiration date. But if for some reason the card number is stolen, they will not be able to replace that card. So be extra cautious with where and how you use that card.

i have read PROBLEM from e-wallet to card
this afternoon i have transfer with no problem and withdraw by atm 3.000 usd
now i have make another transfer from e-wallet to card 3.000 usd but i see NOTHING on card
and i see -3.000 on e-wallet
OPERATION write me REJECT card side.... so now?

I highly recommend learning to use Bitcoin and cryptocurrencies in general. Myself and my partner have both just started as solo models and received our first two payouts in bitcoin.

The most recent payout (October 31st) the bitcoin was deposited to our wallet within 36 hours of the pay period ending, I sent the bitcoin to our local exchange, sold the bitcoin for cash, withdrew it, and it was in my bank account by the end of the day. Less than 48 hours from the end of payout till the money was in my bank account.

As @Smores mentioned earlier, it is well worth developing the skill-set for the future. As the technology becomes more adopted it will give you an incredible edge and eventually will be a necessary skill-set.
  1. What you will need to do is firstly get a bitcoin wallet: Electrum is quite user friendly for Windows PC. It is also most recommended to invest in a hardware wallet for security reasons but not necessary (Trezor or Ledger are both excellent)
  2. And secondly get yourself verified on a decent bitcoin exchange: Bitstamp is good for EU. Verification will be a similar process as on most cam sites (Identification, etc) but may also require proof of address and potentially proof of income depending on the exchange.
Once you have all of this, you'll be able to receive Bitcoin from Chaturbate, deposit that Bitcoin to the Exchange, sell the bitcoin on the Exchange for EURO's, and then withdraw the EURO's from the Exchange to your personal Bank Account.

There's quite a bit of a learning to do with using the Bitcoin itself as well as using the exchange to sell the bitcoin for cash, but it will be time well invested.

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try my best to help.

P.S. If you can, you might try keeping a portion of savings in bitcoin for the long term.
P.P.S. This is not investment advice, do your own research.

What you will need to do is firstly get a bitcoin wallet: Electrum is quite user friendly for Windows PC. It is also most recommended to invest in a hardware wallet for security reasons but not necessary (Trezor or Ledger are both excellent)

For a typical computer user, I think a hardware wallet is mandatory. There are whole classes of viruses and trojans now that hunt your computer for Bitcoin wallets. A hardware wallet is maybe a hassle to use, but the extra security and peace of mind are worth it.

It is not that I think Bitcoin is all that great. It is just my observation that the financial payments part of webcam work is a complete and total mess. Half the governments in the world seem to be at war with sex workers. Bitcoin just gives you an additional tool for getting paid.

People could just start to experiment with it, sending and receiving really small amounts of money until they are comfortable with the process. Investing a few months into a slow learning process now will give you a skillset that will pay off in spades the next time some government shuts down yet another payment processor.

Hey all, if i just rent an apartament and don´t have utillity bill on my name, how can i prove my adress? I tried with that documents from created credit card (has my name and adress) but they say isn't good. I don't really know what to do.. I can't activate my account, that's really sucks.probably ePayment is better than paxum but people use paxum because a lot of them are young and doesn't have a home or utillity bills on name.

epayments now give card?
promo card or normal card
exist a method to request card?
maybe from partner site?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.