1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

ePayments

Discussion in 'General Cam Chat' started by personanongrata, Jul 8, 2018.

1. personanongrata

I've been using ePayments with Chaturbate to get my money for a few months now, and my payments have been getting through just fine.

However, they keep having problems and temporarily disabling various services. I'm afraid that some day my transfer will get lost out there. Are you guys using ePayments, and what are your experiences with them?

I see there is also an option to convert the money you receive to cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin and Ethereum. Has anyone tried to do that, and were there any problems with the service?

2. Smores

I read here back in April that e-Payments had suspended receiving wire transfers denominated in USD. How is CB getting around that? Maybe the limitation was only for new accounts?

There was also some press release from e-Payments about suspending new cards. That might be MasterCard and VISA starting to distance themselves from anything adult-related. I worry about services like e-Payments having to suddenly stop issuing cards at all. Maybe e-Payments is diversified enough that they will not get the same heat that First Choice Pay received from MasterCard.

The other thing that always struck me as weird about e-Payments was that their terms of service prohibit adult "content". But what is interesting about that is the examples they give are two specific activities that are illegal. They never clearly state that they prohibit legal adult content, and they appear to turn a blind eye to that.

Eventually cryptocurrency may be a necessary way to get paid, particularly if companies like e-Payments start to distance themselves from US regulation and US dollar payments. But cryptocurrency has the risk of extreme currency fluctuations. They also require you to be a bit of a computer security expert to avoid getting your currency stolen by hackers. But it would not hurt to buy a good hardware wallet and start to get some experience using them with incredibly small amounts of money, just to develop a skill set for the future.

3. personanongrata

Thank you for your reply. I also think that suspending the issuance of new cards is kind of shady. I just hope that they don't pull an exit scam on us.

4. Smores

e-Payments is regulated in the UK and looks to be a real company with good management. It does not look like a sleazy operation, at least not at the surface.

Have you run into any problems receiving wires from CB denominated in USD? I suggested to CB a while ago that they consider an option to send out transfers to international models in Euros. MFC already has that option. What I really want to know is did e-Payments reverse its stance from April saying that it would no longer receive incoming wires denominated in USD?

5. personanongrata

I don't really know how this whole thing works. Apparently CB sends money from their bank account to their ePayments wallet, and then send out payments internally, within the ePayments system, from wallet to wallet. At least that was my case when I contacted support. I'm not a US citizen, so I can't take advantage of CB's direct wire. As an EU citizen with a EUR bank account, I can receive USD, convert them to EUR and send them without any problems to my bank.

In late June I received the following message from ePayments in my mail:
    "As previously announced, we have had to temporarily suspend both incoming and outgoing bank transfers in USD due to the internal processes of our partner bank. We have been working hard to resolve this issue, and we are pleased to say that services are beginning to be restored for some customers based on their account activity. We’re continuing to work closely with our banking partner, as well as exploring other solutions, to bring this service fully back online for everyone."

It's all kind of complicated. From what I gather, they're a UK service but this alleged partner bank they talk about is in the Baltics (forgot which country). Seems like they suspend services and restore them every other month. Crypto transfers were also suspended shortly in the beginning of 2018. Rouble transfers were also suspended recently I think. Euros seem to be the safest bet.

#5 personanongrata, Jul 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Smores

Ah, I did not realize that CB was supporting direct payments to an e-Payments wallet. That is great.

I am sorry about the other problems you are having. Russian models are some of my favorites and have pretty serious obstacles to overcome.

7. charlene_arthur

I’m using epayments and they sometimes have some tecnical issues but they fix it quickly so i get money without problems.

8. dashaM

1 hour exact ago chaturbate sent my payment on epayments
    but i no see yet money on epayments
    usually are immediatly
    someone know some problems?

9. charlene_arthur

I see this message on epayments:

Attached Files:

10. dashaM

now it's ok thanks

11. personanongrata

Sigh. Seems like they are having problems daily now.

12. dashaM

you too have limit 500 eur for operation on ATM?
    I have 3.000 usd daily but 5x500eur

13. charlene_arthur

Yes me too 500...