AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Thai Cave Rescue

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we sure they had meant to go so deep? Getting lost and disoriented in caves is not unheard of. I also heard that surprise flooding might have played a factor.

I was in Pennsylvania at my grandparents' house this past weekend, and my grandmom had been following the updates on this news story (I actually do not watch the news often...in fact, I try to avoid watching the news). Coming home from work today, I saw her happy update on Facebook on how the final child has been rescued. :)

Seriously though why was a soccer team on exploration of a cave? How did this even get started? I haven't really paid much more than passing attention. But, my biggest questions are What and Why and to a lesser extent how. Nice to see they all made it out alive. But, if I'm parent of a kid and this coach is my kid's coach. My kid's team building exercises will be limited to practice.

Seriously though why was a soccer team on exploration of a cave? How did this even get started? I haven't really paid much more than passing attention. But, my biggest questions are What and Why and to a lesser extent how. Nice to see they all made it out alive. But, if I'm parent of a kid and this coach is my kid's coach. My kid's team building exercises will be limited to practice.

First you have to consider some sports teams are more after school activities than only for competition. They didn't plan to go that far into the cave they were just trying to avoid the flooding and got trapped and pushed further in to find safety. Considering the pocket they sat in for 11 days maintained oxygen meant there was SOME way for air to enter the area. He kept all his kids safe till rescue and patient under the situations. I don't fault him for making a decision that only turned out to be wrong in hindsight.

Reactions: paige_orion and Gen
First you have to consider some sports teams are more after school activities than only for competition. They didn't plan to go that far into the cave they were just trying to avoid the flooding and got trapped and pushed further in to find safety. Considering the pocket they sat in for 11 days maintained oxygen meant there was SOME way for air to enter the area. He kept all his kids safe till rescue and patient under the situations. I don't fault him for making a decision that only turned out to be wrong in hindsight.
The parents were sending him notes saying they appreciate him taking care of the kids and don’t blame him. If they can forgive him, so can we. Everyone’s okay and, like you said, he kept the kids as safe and calm as possible. I’m so glad they’re all okay, and I hope the family of the man who died know how grateful the whole world is.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
The parents were sending him notes saying they appreciate him taking care of the kids and don’t blame him. If they can forgive him, so can we.

They're not even my kids and I have a hard time forgiving him for putting those kids in a situation like that which caused the death of one their rescuers. There had to be warning signs... I hope anyway.

I'm super thankful they're ok.

I heard one of their political leaders say he is going to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

Also heard movie scripts are being shopped around too... imagine that.

Reactions: JickyJuly
They're not even my kids and I have a hard time forgiving him for putting those kids in a situation like that which caused the death of one their rescuers. There had to be warning signs... I hope anyway.

I heard one of their political leaders say he is going to make sure nothing like this ever happens again.

If you find it difficult to see a way to forgive him, yet the parents and other people more closely involved do not... would you consider that maybe you're not the most informed as far as this situation goes and maybe you shouldn't be judging here?

If you find it difficult to see a way to forgive him, yet the parents and other people more closely involved do not... would you consider that maybe you're not the most informed as far as this situation goes and maybe you shouldn't be judging here?

If it was just him and maybe one of his ADULT friends it would be a whole different thing, but his decisions risked the lives of those kids and ultimately caused the death of one of their rescuers. You just don't lead kids into caves like that without knowing wtf you're doing.

Doesn't matter if I forgive him or not, he has to live with causing the death of someone trying to rescue them.

If it was just him and maybe one of his ADULT friends it would be a whole different thing, but his decisions risked the lives of those kids and ultimately caused the death of one of their rescuers. You just don't lead kids into caves like that without knowing wtf you're doing.

Doesn't matter if I forgive him or not, he has to live with causing the death of someone trying to rescue them.

Oh. Did he lead them in? Do you know more about this than the rest of us?

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Oh. Did he lead them in? Do you know more about this than the rest of us?
Well.... perhaps all the kids locked up their bikes and one of the little whippersnappers just charged into the cave's tunnel and everybody followed him without his knowledge?

He was the so-called responsible adult in charge, no?

What scenario do you see?

Well.... perhaps all the kids locked up their bikes and one of the little whippersnappers just charged into the cave's tunnel and everybody followed him without his knowledge?

He was the so-called responsible adult in charge, no?

What scenario do you see?

I don't know because I wasn't there. Were you?

I don't know because I wasn't there. Were you?

I get what you're saying but enlighten me what scenario you can think of where any responsible adult would ever do what he did?

Now if the prepubescent tykes were all somehow lured in by attractive irresistible nekkid female troglodyte time traveling shapeshifters I could relate.

I get what you're saying but enlighten me what scenario you can think of where any responsible adult would ever do what he did?

Now if the prepubescent tykes were all somehow lured in by attractive irresistible nekkid female troglodyte time traveling shapeshifters I could relate.

I... don't think you get what I'm saying at all.

I asked first.

Does that transform it into something that's even fucking relevant to ask? JFC dude.

If the parents of those children want to judge the coach, I guess they could go ahead. That's a situation for the actual people involved to work out. But from all accounts I've read they're thankful to him. It really ends there for me.

Countries that aren't America still don't have the same culture of WATCH CHILDREN LIKE A HAWK. Which I appreciate not kicking in while I was a small kiddo.

You're welcome to your opinion, but I guess I'm welcome to think you're a bit nutty :/ Ain't we all.

We don't know if he put anyone in the situation. I mean, sometimes there are just tragic accidents, y'know? I went on field trips to explore caverns with my school when I was the same age as those kids, so it's kind of easy for me to imagine it as a good team-building adventure. It's a popular tourist attraction so there was no reason to expect it wouldn't go well, especially when the team had visited on a prior occasion without anything going wrong. How was anyone to know that it would start flooding? When I go visit popular tourist attractions, I certainly never expect tragic accidents to happen. No matter how alert and responsible you are, you just can't plan for every contingency.

Flash flooding is scary, man. One minute it's fine and the next, there's water pouring in faster than you can think. It's easy to panic, especially when it's dark and you're underground. Throw in eleven kids who are probably freaking out, trying to navigate CAVE systems with probably nothing more than flashlights - it's so easy to get twisted around. There aren't usually signs telling you where to go. All you can think of is getting to higher ground and keeping the group together and the kids are freaking out, but the water keeps rising and you've got to keep going because there's no way to turn back. He might have been the adult - but I don't think very many humans would have been able to handle that situation perfectly.

Everything I've read suggested it was an unexpected accident, and clearly, he did his best. He kept the children alive. He kept them together, made sure no one got serious injured. Even when they found higher ground and were trapped for daaaays while people searched for them, he managed to keep the children calm. He managed to keep them alive without food or water. And flashlights don't last that long. Which means they had to wait in the dark, trapped under the earth. I can't imagine how difficult it would have to be to stay strong in front of all of those kids, not knowing if anyone would find them, but telling them over and over again that it would be okay. But the coach was a young buddhist monk who taught the frightened children to meditate to calm their nerves in the middle of the crisis. He took responsibility for his group in a bad situation, and everyone came through. The children's parents are grateful for the care he took of those children. They regard him as a hero who kept their children alive.

It's easy to want to blame someone when something goes wrong, but everything I've read suggested this wasn't his fault. Monsoon rains came unexpectedly and the exit was trapped. There was no way to get them out that way, even if he wanted to. Several of the kids couldn't swim, and trying to attempt it could have cost all of their lives. All he could do is take the kids deeper into the cave system and pray for the best. People visit those cave systems all of the time. But you cannot control nature. You can't plan on flash flood waters. There is no one to blame here. Tragic accidents happen every day, y'know? Luckily, everyone survived this harrowing ordeal, and if that coach hadn't kept those kids calm and lead them to higher ground, who knows how many lives might have been lost?

Status
Not open for further replies.