AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Laptop Requirements?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 4, 2018
Twitter Username
@9snow2white4
Tumblr Username
devils-candy
Does anyone use CB on a Chromebook or Mac Pro? I also have the option of a HP Pavilion 360. Or what's your suggestion for a laptop? Mine kicked the bucket (aka my husband dropped it... ) and I'm on a bit of a budget for a replacement! The Chromebook is the cheapest option but I want something that's going to give me good quality.

Does anyone use CB on a Chromebook or Mac Pro? I also have the option of a HP Pavilion 360. Or what's your suggestion for a laptop? Mine kicked the bucket (aka my husband dropped it... ) and I'm on a bit of a budget for a replacement! The Chromebook is the cheapest option but I want something that's going to give me good quality.

I wouldn't recommend a chromebook.

1. CPU is probably too weak to use the browser broadcaster (flash) for HD (maybe 720p at best). Additionally, Adobe flash is being deprecated, so that may not be an option at all in the next couple of years.
2. Hardware encoding isn't an option because you can't install OBS on it.

If it's an HP pavilion 360 with an Intel 620 HD graphics chip, that will work fine as long as you use OBS and enable QSV hardware encoding. It will support video encoding up to 4k resolution (see: https://en.wikichip.org/wiki/intel/uhd_graphics/620). With CPU encoding, it should do at least 720p, maybe 1080p depending on which processor.

These are the specs, I'm honestly not the best with technology, will this be good enough?

It can be with the right software and configuration.

If using OBS configured to use QSV (intel quicksync) hardware encoding, then yes. It will support up to 4k.

Otherwise, that CPU will probably struggle with 1080p, but handle 720p fine.

I'm sorry to ask but how do I do that? I have the laptop but am struggling with it, this is what pops up when I try to take a photo with the webcam, haven't tried using it on Chaturbate yet.

Attachments

• wtf is this shit.png
    wtf is this shit.png
    301.9 KB · Views: 7
Status
Not open for further replies.