AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Real Names

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Alas , I can only be your internet fantasy Tarzan , I must keep you in suspense on my true identity as you must keep your true identity hidden from the rest of us for your safety

• Funny!
Reactions: JigglesJane
I recently blocked 2 regulars who had started harassing me for my real name, acting like they somehow deserved to know who I really am and treating Jane like she doesn't exist or isn't worthy.

Personally I find that offensive. Jane is me and I am Jane. She may be someone I cannot be in the outside world, but on cam, she comes to life.

Jane power!

Alas , I can only be your internet fantasy Tarzan , I must keep you in suspense on my true identity as you must keep your true identity hidden from the rest of us for your safety

Don't worry, I'll still teach you how to hold a fork properly.

Strippers have used stage names for decades and nobody whines about it. Keep your privacy yours.

I've legit heard a stripper give out a fake real name, too. "I'm Aphrodite, but you can call me Marissa"

She gives a hell of a lap dance.

I have a stage name that is a "real name" even if it is not my real name. I have never had a customer ask me what my "real name" is. If a customer tells me their real name in a tip note or in a PM I ask if it is okay if I say it out loud. I have never had anyone share their name with me that was just telling me so that I knew - they were doing it so that I could use their name in the chat out loud. But I still ask because I want them to respect my privacy so I respect theirs. I have had customers ask me questions and then say they understand if that is too personal and then I don't have to share. Those are the type of customers you want - they will respect you if you aren't sharing the personal information and still tip you.

Contributing the necro of an old thread..

But there are people i know iRL that only know me by "Jek".. when I tell them my real name it weirded them out so much and they just kept calling me Jek anyway. Goes back to the days of IRC, pen and paper gaming I guess now that I've used a variation of Jek for about 20 years in some form or another. Two model's I've shared my real name with and they said they actually prefer my online nick..

What about models' who ask to know member's real names?
What about them?

I find this to be a bit different. I think performers ask because it can be a bit more personal in-session than calling a member by username, so it is nice to give the option in the event that it's the kind of experience the member is looking for. Performers also won't likely press further, or go on asking whether it's a member's ~real~ name or not, and y'all can easily give a fake or say no thank you with no backlash. Finally, it generally isn't going to put a member's security and safety at risk if their first name is known, but that could be enough to blow a performer's cover under the right unfortunate circumstances, which I think is way more risky. 🤷‍♀️

I don't ask, I let members offer, which most of them do when they haven't already used their name in their username.

Status
Not open for further replies.