AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

What is the most annoying thing a model can do?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When a girl logs out saying something harsh, this just happened last night on Chaturbate:

"sorry I'm not here to make 18 tokens" followed by quickly exiting the room, said in a disdainful/angry tone, not to me, but to the room in general. Now, this girl had almost 10k followers, so she should probably know better IMO. It was my first time there, I was there maybe 20 minutes and talked to her respectfully, tipped 14 of those tokens. I'm not even sure how long she had been online. But that is not the point.

I don't expect girls to stay online when having a bad night. But for me personally, her room is sort of toxic in my mind now because of the way she said that and it is now the only thing I associate to her room, fair or not. Staying composed and being friendly is part of this job for models I would think. I won't be going back, not that I am some whale or something or that she would even care, but I've been around enough to know what constitutes cam-girl/member etiquette on both sides. This type of thing is a total turn-off for me and makes me think that she doesn't want to be there in the first place.

• Hugs
Reactions: chocolatebunnydrop
I totally understand your point of view Stop BUT...

I know what it feels like to be on the other side. Its super frustrating and sometimes people are CRAZY disrespectful in PM or maybe in the chat before you got there. We're all human, sometimes we just snap. I try to let things slide and be friendly MOST of the time but sometimes people just go overboard OR you get too many difficult situations in one cam session and you've just had it. I wouldn't take it too personally unless she called you out specifically.

I charge 15 tokens per text reply, 15 tokens per pm, unless it's crazy generous HTs. This is my business people, sorry... not really sorry?

OH.MY.GOD.THIS

People just don't understand this. I have people expecting LONG conversations on Snap & even Twitter. I can understand a bit of confusion with Snap since they pay for it but Twitter?? Today I had to send some one my SextPanther link in a DM since he wouldn't get the hint. He promptly said "Oh I can't pay to chat like that", I replied "Okay, see you around in my public chat room." Boy BYE....

Welp, I'm surprised this thread is still active, but since I'm sure no one has read through all 170 pages, I'll post again.

Minimum tip amounts. If you don't want my nickels, you won't get my dollars.

I know what it feels like to be on the other side. Its super frustrating and sometimes people are CRAZY disrespectful in PM or maybe in the chat before you got there. We're all human, sometimes we just snap. I try to let things slide and be friendly MOST of the time but sometimes people just go overboard OR you get too many difficult situations in one cam session and you've just had it. I wouldn't take it too personally unless she called you out specifically.

I appreciate your perspective from the other side Jesss. I had read some of this thread and when this happened it made me think of it. Yeah, you can't judge a person from one comment or moment. It was just a bad first impression for me. I still have her followed and will probably go back to check her room out again.

Welp, I'm surprised this thread is still active, but since I'm sure no one has read through all 170 pages, I'll post again.

Minimum tip amounts. If you don't want my nickels, you won't get my dollars.

I just read your original post about it. Dated just over 6 years ago. You're still salty about it?

This is just a little annoying pet peeve for my misophonia..

When models button bash; when you can hear the tapping of their keyboard over their music and talking lol.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Sansa
This is just a little annoying pet peeve for my misophonia..

When models button bash; when you can hear the tapping of their keyboard over their music and talking lol.

This is understandable, but some models can't afford proper equipment right away. Have you thought of offering to buy a model like this an external mic? Yeti's are good. My blue snowball pooped out within a year and I haven't been able to replace it yet so I am having this issue.

This is understandable, but some models can't afford proper equipment right away. Have you thought of offering to buy a model like this an external mic? Yeti's are good. My blue snowball pooped out within a year and I haven't been able to replace it yet so I am having this issue.
Wireless keyboard may be an even simpler/cheaper option. Typing right on the laptop keyboard that has a webcam/mic perched directly on it has a terrible sound. Being able to position an external keyboard farther from the laptop makes a world of difference (and doesn't require the model to have to deal with an external mic, which can be more of a hassle.)

Wireless keyboard may be an even simpler/cheaper option. Typing right on the laptop keyboard that has a webcam/mic perched directly on it has a terrible sound. Being able to position an external keyboard farther from the laptop makes a world of difference (and doesn't require the model to have to deal with an external mic, which can be more of a hassle.)

I prefer an external mic to an external keyboard, not only because they sound wayyy better but also as I don't like things in the way rather than off to the side, but that is also an option if finances are tight.

I just read your original post about it. Dated just over 6 years ago. You're still salty about it?
I would say "consistent". Although I did get a "bad troll attempt", so there's that.

• Funny!
Reactions: JickyJuly
*Grey enters room*
*Grey spams about 6 or 7 images for tip/follow*
*Grey asks "Can I be your moderator?"*
*Models makes him moderator*

*I predict the future (of that guy spamming her room) and leave*
Is that me being too much of an ass? I have just seen it too much and for me having a chat full of a mod spamming those images is frustrating and NOT encouraging to tip - it makes me do exactly what i did and leave. Anyone else the same?

Reactions: yummybrownfox
*Grey enters room*

Is that me being too much of an ass? I have just seen it too much and for me having a chat full of a mod spamming those images is frustrating and NOT encouraging to tip - it makes me do exactly what i did and leave. Anyone else the same?
I would probably leave, too. It is so freakin' odd that any models just hand over moderator privileges so freely. Nevermind the fact that I don't think they need a mod to begin with, but that's been discussed too much in other threads already.

*Grey enters room*

I'll just simply say that is one of the many reasons I don't frequent CB, and when there's overly pushy moderators/members about asking/reminding people to tip, I don't go in there.

There's some rooms on MFC where moderators/room helpers/members will do it on occasion. But, for the most part, I really don't see it. It's more along the lines of emotes for clapping or being positive about when someone tips. IMO, MFC is much more positive in those regards. Also, it's much less likely for a model to make someone their mod/helper.

When I forgot that I logged into my camming account and then I open a room of a famous model with a looot of ppl and they just ban me. I mean, I wrote NOTHING!! I wanted to enjoy the show too, I think you are beautiful/handsome. I don't want to "steal" your people since I said/did nothing!! besides, there are like 20k ppl!!! aaargh!!

I'll just simply say that is one of the many reasons I don't frequent CB, and when there's overly pushy moderators/members about asking/reminding people to tip, I don't go in there.

There's some rooms on MFC where moderators/room helpers/members will do it on occasion. But, for the most part, I really don't see it. It's more along the lines of emotes for clapping or being positive about when someone tips. IMO, MFC is much more positive in those regards. Also, it's much less likely for a model to make someone their mod/helper.
I room help on MFC and I mostly just set the topic and countdown. Only time I tell people to tip is when they try to dirty talk in public chat because that sort of stuff are supposed to only be in tip notes, they usually listen and since people are so well behaved nowadays it can go weeks between the times I get to ban someone.

When I forgot that I logged into my camming account and then I open a room of a famous model with a looot of ppl and they just ban me. I mean, I wrote NOTHING!! I wanted to enjoy the show too, I think you are beautiful/handsome. I don't want to "steal" your people since I said/did nothing!! besides, there are like 20k ppl!!! aaargh!!

Unfortunately, I can understand this.
I mean, quite a lot of models will buy Premium Membership for CB, so then they could theoretically not have to speak in public chat but instead just go off and send private messages to the tippers. Which I think models get paranoid about another model doing IF they are not talking or tipping. It's unfortunate for those are are just there to enjoy the show but because of those that DO that, it is something that has got a lot of models worried/nervous/paranoid.

So I think based on that or for other reasons, some models don't like other ones in their room. Guys are really stupid and curious (for a lack of a better word). If they see another female name in the userlist or in the chat talking or tipping, they will look at the profile etc and follow, even if said female has never even broadcast or has photos/videos up.

Unfortunately, I can understand this.
I mean, quite a lot of models will buy Premium Membership for CB, so then they could theoretically not have to speak in public chat but instead just go off and send private messages to the tippers.
Wow! I didn't know about that feature of having a Premium Membership. Yeah, I think you are right about looking at the "female name" (although mine is genderless) but I totally get your point.

I quickly ban other girls/models entering my room when they talk in chat. A lot of times they’ll try to be sneaky and get guys to message them and it’s ridiculously annoying. Don’t spam my room by advertising yours. I do have some girl tippers but you learn quickly who’s trying to fish in my pond vs being a genuine followe/fan.

I do watch other models occasionally and it bothers me when they’re tipped and not even attempt to say thank you if it’s less than 100tk. No one has to tip! I always say thank you because 1) it’s just good manners 2) you never know if they’ll tip a buttload more.

One of my model friends has a real tendency to say BRB, the not come back for several days.
I say that as both an exaggeration, and literally.

I know members do that to models too, but its annoying in any direction

One of my model friends has a real tendency to say BRB, the not come back for several days. I say that as both an exaggeration, and literally.

Lol @ the "..exaggeration, and literally." Know exactly what you mean.

I know members do that to models too, but its annoying in any direction

The difference between a member doing it and a model doing it is the same as this happening between a customer and a business owner. If the customer doesn't come back for a few days, other customers are still there to buy from the store. If the business owner is gone for a few days, there just may not be anyone at the door when they open the store again. Or they may just find another store to go to entirely.

I really appreciate that when a new model is looking for tips to get started one of the consistent ones you see from other ladies helping them out is "stick to a schedule". This is HUGELY important. Shit happens, life gets in the way, it doesn't bother me in the LEAST if stuff comes up and a friend will tweet or snap that they won't be on. No big deal. But the missing regularly scheduled times without so much as a word? Sorry, that doesn't work for me. It takes a mere seconds to let customers know when you won't be around. Don't even have to say why, just Hey I won't be on tonight.

I wish more girls understood that some of us customers will go out of our way to schedule time to be online and hang out with a friend. And when they don't show up, you're telling me you have no respect for my time.

Stumbled into a new model's room...

I wandered in during a "let's bash on other models" session, facilitated by the new model herself and continued on by a few members. She was perusing through the top models page, and essentially scoffing or belittling them - knitpicking at whatever physical imperfections she could find, dishing out whatever "dirt" according to what she heard, shaming them for all that she could. The talkative members in the room were really enjoying it, and participating along. Ugly scene

I don’t trash talk other models in my room but I had a member inform me that another model was trash talking me in her room. Really not cool. I think that kills any awesome vibe you have going in your room and it’s very Mean Girls. I don’t care what other models do unless it’s bashing, as my room is my room and I love camming. Wish he didn’t tell me the name of the model but he did after I said I didn’t want to know...

I don’t trash talk other models in my room but I had a member inform me that another model was trash talking me in her room. Really not cool. I think that kills any awesome vibe you have going in your room and it’s very Mean Girls. I don’t care what other models do unless it’s bashing, as my room is my room and I love camming. Wish he didn’t tell me the name of the model but he did after I said I didn’t want to know...
It's such a high chance it was a lie fabricated by the member to incite drama. There are so many nutty dudes that really get off on watching that sorta stuff unfold.

Last edited:
Seriously?

I am the opposite to be honest. I *enjoy* seeing a model eating. Not in an exciting way for enjoyment, but what I mean is, it's great to see a MODEL not caring or worried about eating. Too many people (women mostly) care so much and are afraid to eat in front of people - so I love it when a woman is "yeah I am hungry, and what?" or you know, something similar. Any model I have seen eating on cam, isn't exactly eating like some disgusting pig or slob. They are doing it in a proper manner.. so that makes it even more understandable.

Plus it's kind of good for a conversation, to ask what they are having.. and then the whole "have you tried it" - especially if it's a cultural food/meal, then some will give a quick "how to" (if it's simple) or at least the name of it so you can look into doing it yourself. So it's a nice possible starter for a potentially good conversation for all to be included in.

I am the opposite to be honest. I *enjoy* seeing a model eating. Not in an exciting way for enjoyment, but what I mean is, it's great to see a MODEL not caring or worried about eating. Too many people (women mostly) care so much and are afraid to eat in front of people - so I love it when a woman is "yeah I am hungry, and what?" or you know, something similar. Any model I have seen eating on cam, isn't exactly eating like some disgusting pig or slob. They are doing it in a proper manner.. so that makes it even more understandable.

Plus it's kind of good for a conversation, to ask what they are having.. and then the whole "have you tried it" - especially if it's a cultural food/meal, then some will give a quick "how to" (if it's simple) or at least the name of it so you can look into doing it yourself. So it's a nice possible starter for a potentially good conversation for all to be included in.
Yeah, models who have a very family like social room, it's natural to end up eating a meal with them once in a while especially when pulling longer hours for rank or goals.

But I also am one of those people who are kinda shy to eat in front of a crowd... and people like the guy I quoted certainly don't make it any less stressful lol. It's also sort of a self-consciousness as I am not a skinny girl and sometimes eating on cam brings out a reason for rude people to comment on how fat I am or other fun statements.

It's also sort of a self-consciousness as I am not a skinny girl and sometimes eating on cam brings out a reason for rude people to comment on how fat I am or other fun statements.

This is why I don't eat on cam. I did, years ago, but it always made me feel terrible. There's always *someone* who has to be condescending about if I have made the best choices for my body.

Status
Not open for further replies.