AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Tips on professional photographers

• Thread starter Deleted member 43650
  • Start date
  • ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 43650

Howdy gang,

It's about that time that my wife and I are building her dot com site for all of her femdom content. I want to hire a professional fetish-friendly photographer to do a photoshoot so we can have some awesome photos for the site. I just don't have the time/equipment to do it and the cost is no problem. Sooo I'd like to hire someone.

I'm certain many of you have worked with professional photographers. I'd love to hear about your experience and what kinds of things I should be looking for in a photographer and - especially - the kinds of things I should be wary of or stay away from ("red flags", for instance). I don't want to put her in a compromising situation, get crappy work, ripped off, or encounter any weirdos. On the same token, I want to be respectful of the professional's craft.

Hope this thread will be helpful to other models looking for the same.

Thanks, as always ACF!

1. Ask for portfolio's : make sure they are willing to do what you want. Don't afraid to ask questions, and be specific.

2. SIGN 2257 forms and be clear that you DO NOT want these images resold/posted. MAKE sure this is in your contact; everything you do and dont want with the pics please put in the 2257 and make them sign it. Most likely you will have to pay BUT honestly I WOULD.

3. Go with her to the shoot; make sure this is not an issue; if a photographer has ANY issue with my husband being there I will NOT shoot with him

4. Ask for model references - I ask for 2 ; this way I can contact other models - Most of my model friends shoot so if they have shot with someone I personally know I will prob work with them more than if it was a girl I did not know. Girls WILL be honest though and tell you if he/she is creepy and unprofessional.

Do not settle with photographers. Fetlife is a great spot to find someone - most model mayhem photographers have a fetlife. Model Mayhem is not fetish friendly and they kick you off if your a "fetish" model. So I would recommend fetlife, twitter or even tumblr.

@BiancaBaker Stellar advice, as always. And yup - I am 100% going to be present during the shoot (I might even need to be IN the shoot for a couple of shots). I've heard some sketchy things about a few BDSM photographers in Houston, so I will take your advice and ask for references.

Seems like something I need to be patient with. I'll take my time and make sure we find someone that fits the bill well.

@Dan Epstein Thanks! I'm not too familiar with a lot of names, still. Looks like Jolene is an accomplished model with professional content, so I'm guessing she would know a lot of photographers. Shuttershock - is this a sort of modelmayhem-type platform for finding photographers?

Oh, btw gang - my web-designer is amazing. He is very meticulous, has an excellent eye for aesthetic balance and functionality, and great creative acumen. He's obviously adult content-friendly and told me that if anyone at ACF is interested in seeing his work and hiring him, just PM me for his email!

I'll certainly be posting my wife's website once finished so everyone can see the great work he did. The mock-ups he sent me blew me away ;D

Reactions: BiancaBaker
Hi! I’m glad I opened this thread since Dan didn’t officially tag me (cough cough cough) lol.
I actually own a Production company offering video and photo services called Adult Indie Productions. I assume Dan meant @Shutterbuck who is my business partner and photographer.

Reactions: Shutterbuck
Gawd I wish I had gone with Shuttershock!!!
But I’m Shutterbuck (most just call me Shutter)... hi, hello!
I would likely mirror most of what Bianca stated above with a couple minor caveats.

A) There should be no need to ask for portfolios as you will have done your due diligence and only contacted photographers you wish to hire based on the work that they have shown via social media and/or a verifiable website.

B) Releases and contracts are wicked important! Make sure you understand your rights to the photos (can you sell/distribute them for profit? Is there a limitation to the license to do so?). Make sure you know the photographer’s rights to the photos!
Bianca suggested a contract stating that the photographer cannot sell or post the images. You may have difficulty finding anyone willing to not post their work at least in a portfolio or social media... they may agree not to sell your images if you have paid a sufficient fee... but not being able to post their work means nobody knows they are doing work! And you found them in the first place because they are able to display their work, right?
Make sure you understand how many photos you will receive back from your photographer and how long you should anticipate waiting for them. It’s never a bad idea to get it in writing if possible.
Try to negotiate the number of photos the photographer will be “allowed” to show within their portfolio. Personally, I tell models that I anticipate displaying “up to three images of each look” in my portfolio or via social media even if I rarely display more than one of each look.

C) If possible, seek out references on your own before wasting your time or a photographer’s. If a photographer is legit, they will typically go out their way to tag models in their work. Approach these models yourself and ask what their experience was like. Talk to at least three or more. Personalities vary and not everyone becomes best chums in the process of working together but you should expect that all of them felt safe, comfortable, and received what they were promised. If not, move on to another photographer.
C-1) I highly recommend seeking out references on your own because most people only send you their best references... it makes sense. You would do the same if applying for a job, right?
Look for models that don’t appear in the photographer’s work as often as others. There may be a reason they only worked together once . It stands to reason that if a photographer has worked with one person 25 times, they will have some sort of working relationship and you will almost never find a bad reference here. You’ll get a better sampling of references this way.

Happy Hunting!

If you are in uk you may find talented photographers on
Purpleport.com
Or
Adultfolio.com

You will also find tips on those sites.
You may probably negociate shared content. Or some exclusive content for your site plus against some content for your photographer.

Status
Not open for further replies.