AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

12 Songs Full Of Misogynistic Lyrics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wish you'd add a little more context, @Guy . What do you think of the article? Do you like these songs? Do you think it matters that they have misogynistic lyrics? What should be done about this?

You post so much good content but I always want you to share your own thoughts too.

I always wish you'd add a little more context, @Guy . What do you think of the article? Do you like these songs? Do you think it matters that they have misogynistic lyrics? What should be done about this?

You post so much good content but I always want you to share your own thoughts too.
I think that misogyny does still exist in American music. For some reason it almost always goes unnoticed. The first one on the list is a rare exception.

Reactions: Gen
I think that misogyny does still exist in American music. For some reason it almost always goes unnoticed. The first one on the list is a rare exception.
Why do you think it goes unnoticed?

edit: rephrase that...what makes you believe it almost always goes unnoticed?

Reactions: Ann_Sulu
Why do you think it goes unnoticed?

edit: rephrase that...what makes you believe it almost always goes unnoticed?
99% of the time, as long as the artist who sings it is extremely popular or super famous,
it dosent get criticized by the mainstream press.

I don't really agree. Every time a misogynist song comes out, especially if it's popular, people rush to point it out.

The fact that "Blurred Lines" is at the top of the list kinda solidifies my point. It was bashed all over the Internet when it came out.

99% of the time, as long as the artist who sings it is extremely popular or super famous,
it dosent get criticized by the mainstream press.
I don't know that I agree with that. But even if it is true, the last thing I think I would want the mainstream press doing is focusing even more attention on pop culture.

There is a tree out back. Today, a squirrel got attacked by 3 birds. They ganged up on him Guy. Don't know if the squirrel was up to some bullshit and had it coming, or if the birds were just a bunch of thugs looking to jump somebody. This is reality. And not a word about it in the msm...

Also would love if @Guy and anyone who posts a link gives a little context to the article or maybe even copies some of the relevant text into the post.

A question to everyone, would you really want songs cleansed of anything offensive? Personally I love a good offensive song, after all art is about feeling something.
Whether a song like Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, with wet dicks and drug use, or a Dr Dre (the next episode) getting his smoke on then going home with something to poke on. The idea of sanitizing my music is far more offensive, and super boring.

The hidden or more pervasive elements of misogyny, I guess we should keep track of, especially where placed in the art with no relation to what the song is expressing. Long term they can influence culture.
The Dr Dre song is very misogynistic for instance, but it is appropriate and deliberate to the song. It may be a stretch to say Dre is condoning misogyny as it is an expression of the 'low' life/ night life he was celebrating.

Any list about misogyny that doesn't include a song by KISS is worthless. Gene $immon$ became a multiple-millionaire selling albums that had songs celebrating using women any way he pleased...be it using their pussy, taking him up their ass, or him filling their mouths up.

Any list about misogyny that doesn't include a song by KISS is worthless. Gene $immon$ became a multiple-millionaire selling albums that had songs celebrating using women any way he pleased...be it using their pussy, taking him up their ass, or him filling their mouths up.
A taste of some KISS lyrics... having a teenager moment right now.
I don't usually say things like this to girls your age
But when I saw you coming out of the school that day
That day I knew, I knew
I've got to have you, I've got to have you
(Christine 16)

Click bait article with no real relevance to pretty much anything. Misogyny in song lyrics is not new, and unfortunately, probably won't disappear anytime soon. Listen to any mainstream country radio lately? Full of misogyny. 80s hard rock? Yep. Rap? Check.

Thing is, females are consuming this music as much as guys and don't seem to mind.

Steel Panther has made a pretty good career out of blatant misogyny (caveat, they do it with humor and self awareness), so it kinda pays.

@Ambers Troll No, I don't want my music scrubbed. If we start scrubbing art, we are going to be left with uninteresting, bland pap. I choose not to listen to some stuff because 1) it sucks or 2) I don't condone what the artist is espousing. But I don't want any of it scrubbed. I'm an adult and can choose what I listen to/spend my money on.

I started on a book in this thread, checked myself...

https://www.bustle.com/authors/1463-michelle-lulic
This is the author of the article.
"...is a writer and actress based in New York City who eats, sleeps, and breathes film and television. Her writing experience includes Teen.com and NYCastings.com. Along with internships at Us Weekly and SiriusXM's Dirty Pop with Lance Bass. You can find her sitting in front of the closest accessible television during award season!"

Tabloid shit.

Reactions: eyeteach and Vera
One excellent example of misogyny in modern music would be Eminem.

Yet many women still enjoy his music. Almost as if they realize his lyrics might not always be literal.

Feel like list threads should have the list provided in the op.

• Helpful!
Reactions: justjoinedtopost
Steel Panther has made a pretty good career out of blatant misogyny (caveat, they do it with humor and self awareness), so it kinda pays.

No, they made a good career off being a parody band of hair metal, which has always been full of misogyny.

Reactions: RogueWarrior

Hip hop and rap normally has exaggerations and showmanship to their lyrics. Shouldn't be taken too literally. Eminem has a history of violent and offensive lyircs. If you don't like it and it makes you uncomfortable, don't listen to it.

http://www.vulture.com/2013/11/eminem-explains-his-homophobic-lyrics-again.html

You really need to lay off the feminism proproganda.

I don't know how I feel about song lyrics

On one hand it's entertainment and shouldn't be taken literally

On the other hand, if nothing else, you can't really debate it does have a big impact on language; I bet there's millions of white kids who would never have said the N word in their life without rap music

You could debate whether using the word is fine in the context of singing/rapping a song, but still it's a loaded word and could cause tension if overheard + the word is as often used as a negative as much as a positive in the songs themselves

Whether songs can go beyond language into influencing negative thinking and behaviour to any meaningful extent I don't know

No, they made a good career off being a parody band of hair metal, which has always been full of misogyny.
This is true. All of it.

Reactions: EspiKvlt

But a fan-submitted question about the portrayal of black women in rap lyrics saw West offer one of his more hesitant and convoluted responses. “I definitely think generally rap is misogynistic,” he said, after a pause. “Not that that’s justifying the culture.”

West spoke about rap music responding to trends, and communicating the current zeitgeist at the time that its lyrics are written. “There was a time when we had Afrocentric rap, and everybody was more like how Common is – ‘my queen’ and all that,” he said. He described misogynistic lyrics as an outlet for men who’ve found themselves belittled, turning towards the women in their lives and lashing out at them in order to feel validated.

“So let’s take that to the idea of a black male in America, not getting a job, or getting fucked with at his job, or getting fucked with by the cops or being looked down upon by this lady at Starbucks. And he goes home to his girl … and this guy is like … you just scream at the person that’s the closest to you.” West linked the use of misogynistic and violent language in rap to a “lack of opportunities” before switching tack and discussing hatred and racism.

Did you have a point to posting that link besides trying to give my laptop aids?

I don't really agree. Every time a misogynist song comes out, especially if it's popular, people rush to point it out.

The fact that "Blurred Lines" is at the top of the list kinda solidifies my point. It was bashed all over the Internet when it came out.
blurred lines does not deserve the bash it gets. it is by no means a sing it for your mom song but by far not the worst out there.
in fact steel panther as quite a few worse just them lol

Reactions: justjoinedtopost
A question to everyone, would you really want songs cleansed of anything offensive? Personally I love a good offensive song, after all art is about feeling something.
Whether a song like Back to Black by Amy Winehouse, with wet dicks and drug use, or a Dr Dre (the next episode) getting his smoke on then going home with something to poke on. The idea of sanitizing my music is far more offensive, and super boring.

The hidden or more pervasive elements of misogyny, I guess we should keep track of, especially where placed in the art with no relation to what the song is expressing. Long term they can influence culture.
The Dr Dre song is very misogynistic for instance, but it is appropriate and deliberate to the song. It may be a stretch to say Dre is condoning misogyny as it is an expression of the 'low' life/ night life he was celebrating.
I agree, I don't want music, or any art form really, to be cleansed of offensive topics. Art IS suppose to stir emotions, and offensive art definitely does that. Plus I fucking love songs with "misogynistic" lyrics. I love songs about sex in general. If a girl was singing the same kind of shit about wanting to do stuff with a girl or a guy I would LOVE that. As long as the actual music was good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.