AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

ACF models who are camming now

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 16, 2013
profiles.myfreecams.com
I've noticed a good deal of member interest in joining ACF models' cam sessions. Personally I love watching and chatting with other girls from here but find it's hard to actually find them on MFC (even with my perv account).

So I thought I'd make a thread where models can let the ACF community know when they come on cam. Please include in your posts a link to your room, any special plans for the cam session, and how long you'll be online. Please post here when you are actually online (or about to be) as opposed to posting "I'll be online tomorrow at 19:00 for two hours".

Sidenote: would this be better placed in the models advertising section? I consider that section to be more for personal advertising personally...

I think most of the models here have Twitter accounts (and links to them in their signature), so anyone wishing to know when they're on cam can follow them on Twitter. When they tweet "I'm on cam!," if you're following them, you'll be one of the first to know. :)

The_Brown_Fox said:
I think most of the models here have Twitter accounts (and links to them in their signature), so anyone wishing to know when they're on cam can follow them on Twitter. When they tweet "I'm on cam!," if you're following them, you'll be one of the first to know. :)
Yes but I'm hoping for more of a "no strings attatched" idea, where if you just want to know that a CamGirl is online you don't have to know that her cat is sick and that she's tired of MFC's bugs.

The other issue with Twitter is that you have to know someone to follow them. Here you can easily find new models (or models that are new to you) and perv on them on MFC before following them on twitter and knowing every detail of their life.

MyDesertRose said:
The_Brown_Fox said:
Yes but I'm hoping for more of a "no strings attatched" idea, where if you just want to know that a CamGirl is online you don't have to know that her cat is sick and that she's tired of MFC's bugs.

The other issue with Twitter is that you have to know someone to follow them. Here you can easily find new models (or models that are new to you) and perv on them on MFC before following them on twitter and knowing every detail of their life.

This thread is a great idea :)

would be cool to have something like mycamgirl made for Sophia's camgirlmansion that says when a girl was online.

MyDesertRose said:
spankamber said:
would be cool to have something like mycamgirl made for Sophia's camgirlmansion that says when a girl was online.
What exactly did they make for that?
It was on the camgirlmansion website just letting the guys/gals know when they were on MFC during the Las Vegas event--similar to the online/offline buttons that this forum has.

Reactions: RoseCavilla
MyDesertRose said:

Ah! Okay, I see what you mean now. :)

Some models have their Twitter tweets protected, so the only way you could follow them is by having them approve your request first. I used to have mine protected, but not anymore.

Might also be good to point out that models here should always have their profile page address in their signature.

That way if a member finds you interesting here on ACF they can go to your profile page and 'friend' you so they will see you in their list any time you're online.

Also they can get notifications instantly through mfc. I know a lot of the newer members haven't discovered that yet (i get asked about it a lot in room chat). But in the Personal Options --> Notifications section anyone can set it up to get an email (if you live in the U.S.) or text, for those outside of america, the instant a model signs on to mfc.

In my situation I have a pop up email notification so I know, in under a minute, a model I like has signed on. I rely on this more than tweets. I don't have a traditional phone of any kind (strictly google voice now) so I do twitter through the web page and don't check it very often. To me twitter is just for chatting primarily.

jodeum said:
Might also be good to point out that models here should always have their profile page address in their signature.

That way if a member finds you interesting here on ACF they can go to your profile page and 'friend' you so they will see you in their list any time you're online.

Also they can get notifications instantly through mfc. I know a lot of the newer members haven't discovered that yet (i get asked about it a lot in room chat). But in the Personal Options --> Notifications section anyone can set it up to get an email (if you live in the U.S.) or text, for those outside of america, the instant a model signs on to mfc.

In my situation I have a pop up email notification so I know, in under a minute, a model I like has signed on. I rely on this more than tweets. I don't have a traditional phone of any kind (strictly google voice now) so I do twitter through the web page and don't check it very often. To me twitter is just for chatting primarily.
Please keep in mind that adding a girl to your PROFILE friend list will NOT show you when she's online on the homepage.

AmberCutie said:
jodeum said:

Please keep in mind that adding a girl to your PROFILE friend list will NOT show you when she's online on the homepage.

You're right of course. I wasn't thinking and worded that wrong. I should have said this lets us see your profile and gets us the exact user name you are going by so we can go to 'manage / add friends' and add you if we are interested.

MegansDude said:
MyDesertRose said:
spankamber said:
It was on the camgirlmansion website just letting the guys/gals know when they were on MFC during the Las Vegas event--similar to the online/offline buttons that this forum has.
AlexLady generously made those handy buttons and posted the instructions on how to use them in the models only section so the ladies here could take advantage of them. :thumbleft:

EasyBakeBabyOven said:
MegansDude said:
MyDesertRose said:
spankamber said:
AlexLady generously made those handy buttons and posted the instructions on how to use them in the models only section so the ladies here could take advantage of them. :thumbleft:
But they don't work for girls like me who have long names?

Taken from the HOW TO post in the announcement section:
How do I create a signature?

Go to the User Control Panel at the top right of the page.

On the Options menu on the left, click Profile, then >> Edit signature.

Here you can add links, small images/banners or quotes. I will give you an example of how I made mine, with colored links and pink hearts.

Code:
[color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color] [url=http://twitter.com/#!/AmberLynneGirl][color=#BF00FF][b]Tweets[/b][/color][/url][color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color] [url=http://www.myfreecams.com/?baf=2148050#AmberCutie][color=#008000][b]MFC Room[/b][/color][/url][color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color][url=http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AmberCutie][color=#000080][b]MFC Profile[/b][/color][/url][color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color][url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/ambercutie][b][color=#00BFBF]Steam Profile[/color][/b][/url] [color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color]
This is what it looks like:

YudCb.jpg

(Please note that my BAF link is attached to my MFC Room link in my signature, however, others may not use their BAF in theirs. Thank you for your consideration.)

AmberCutie said:
Taken from the HOW TO post in the announcement section:
How do I create a signature?

Go to the User Control Panel at the top right of the page.

On the Options menu on the left, click Profile, then >> Edit signature.

Here you can add links, small images/banners or quotes. I will give you an example of how I made mine, with colored links and pink hearts.

Code:
[color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color] [url=http://twitter.com/#!/AmberLynneGirl][color=#BF00FF][b]Tweets[/b][/color][/url][color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color] [url=http://www.myfreecams.com/?baf=2148050#AmberCutie][color=#008000][b]MFC Room[/b][/color][/url][color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color][url=http://profiles.myfreecams.com/AmberCutie][color=#000080][b]MFC Profile[/b][/color][/url][color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color][url=http://steamcommunity.com/id/ambercutie][b][color=#00BFBF]Steam Profile[/color][/b][/url] [color=#FF40FF] <3 [/color]
This is what it looks like:

YudCb.jpg

(Please note that my BAF link is attached to my MFC Room link in my signature, however, others may not use their BAF in theirs. Thank you for your consideration.)

OH MY GOD. Thank yoU! I am such a silly head that nearly half the forum has spent time trying to help me figure this out when this whole time I just had to uncheck a box that I'd checked my accident and follow your code. Seriously thank you for posting this as it gave me one last opp (before deleting my sig altogether) to make it work - and voila! I have graduated from silly headedness!

The_Brown_Fox said:
also, even if one is following a model, not everyone is paying attention to their twitter feed 24/7, and tweets can get lost if you're only checking twitter out only a couple times a day

Thank you to everyone who came to visit me tonight! I'm sorry it was a slow night... but they have to happen sometimes, right?

Still, whenever you see me working on chainmail like that, just remember- I'm practicing to get good at it so I can make myself a chainmail bikini (if you wish to help make this happen, amazon gift cards are appreciated... I do NOT have enough rings) and a chainmail skirt (will be doing the skirt before the bikini bottoms but after the bra-type top).

I really like the idea of this thread and how I knew Luna was on tonight and got to stop in for a minute. Most of the Models who I like to visit are ACF Models so it works well for me. Much better than Twitter if we could get everyone to use it.

I'm on cam if anyone wants to stop by ;)

Reactions: RoseCavilla
jodeum said:

In my situation I have a pop up email notification so I know, in under a minute, a model I like has signed on. I rely on this more than tweets.

I used to tell people about the MFC e-mail notifications, but Nordling told me that half the time the notifications wouldn't work right for him, and it'd end up alerting him long after I've gotten on cam.

Now that I think about it, I think I had 1 or 2 Streamate models saved to my notifications, and I don't think I've gotten notifications for them. So I'm glad to have Twitter at least.

Here be a suggestion that you're all free to completely disregard or maybe even take on board. In addition to letting folk know that you're "online now", it may or may not prove useful to list how long you expect to be online. That way if you post that you're online at 7pm and intend to be on til 10pm, you don't run the risk of someone seeing your post at 9pm and assuming you're no longer online because it was posted two hours ago.

Also, I just worked out how to change the board's default time zone (go into User Control Panel at the top, then Board Preferences and then you can change the time zone to your time zone). That way you can see what "online now" means relative to your time zone (you can look in the corner of the post to see when it was posted) :dance:

mynameisbob84 said:
Here be a suggestion that you're all free to completely disregard or maybe even take on board. In addition to letting folk know that you're "online now", it may or may not prove useful to list how long you expect to be online. That way if you post that you're online at 7pm and intend to be on til 10pm, you don't run the risk of someone seeing your post at 9pm and assuming you're no longer online because it was posted two hours ago.

Also, I just worked out how to change the board's default time zone (go into User Control Panel at the top, then Board Preferences and then you can change the time zone to your time zone). That way you can see what "online now" means relative to your time zone (you can look in the corner of the post to see when it was posted) :dance:
I would be careful with changing the time zone, though. I can see somebody posting, "I'll be on at 9 pm for three hours" meaning ACF time. If you've changed your time zone you may think the model means your time. But thank you for the "how long you're online" addition. For models who have a secure camming environment and know how long they can be on, that's a great idea.

Reactions: camstory
MyDesertRose said:
mynameisbob84 said:

I would be careful with changing the time zone, though. I can see somebody posting, "I'll be on at 9 pm for three hours" meaning ACF time. If you've changed your time zone you may think the model means your time. But thank you for the "how long you're online" addition. For models who have a secure camming environment and know how long they can be on, that's a great idea.
The solution is "i'm online NOW" or "i'm online in 10 minutes" and then people can look at the time stamp on the post. There is no "ACF time," just a board default that should be changed according to peoples' locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.