AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for a new transwoman

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2017
Chaturbate Username
Lilygray
Hey everyone! I'm Lily,

So, over the past year a lot of things in my life have happened. I've hit rock bottom, clawed my way back up, and I'm finally living my life for me. A sudden cross county move, being homeless, loosing very significant loved ones, and finally finding myself. I'm here, i'm alive, and I'm ready to thrive. Anyways, I've been considering camming for a long time. I think I've finally found the courage to just do it. I've read a lot of advice threads and I finally signed up here last night. I'm twenty-six years old and I'm a transwoman. I'm trying to figure out where to begin this journey, recommended sites, and any personal insight that any of you are willing to share with me. I'll have my new cam either today or tomorrow and I'm rather excited, albeit terrified, to start. Anyways, I think I've rambled enough, thanks y'all. XD

Welcome to one of the most helpful and supportive places I've found on the entire interwbbernetz. Definitely keep poking around. Check out different sites and different styles of camming. Get a feel for what seems to work for people and be ready for the good, bad, the ugly, he beautiful, and the disturbing. It's definitely a wild ride. Once you get yourself established, you should check out the models only section as well. Lots more helpful stuff in there too once you've got a little foothold here. :) Best of luck to ya :h:

Welcome to one of the most helpful and supportive places I've found on the entire interwbbernetz. Definitely keep poking around. Check out different sites and different styles of camming. Get a feel for what seems to work for people and be ready for the good, bad, the ugly, he beautiful, and the disturbing. It's definitely a wild ride. Once you get yourself established, you should check out the models only section as well. Lots more helpful stuff in there too once you've got a little foothold here. :) Best of luck to ya :h:

Thank you so much for the reply! :)
Is Chaturbate a good place to start? Is there a guideline on how much to charge for different things? With me being trans, I don't think I'm allowed in think he members only section?

- Lily

Thank you so much for the reply! :)
Is Chaturbate a good place to start? Is there a guideline on how much to charge for different things? With me being trans, I don't think I'm allowed in think he members only section?

- Lily
A couple months ago the models only section became open to any gender :) you just have to continue being active on the forum until you can apply to get in models only.

A couple months ago the models only section became open to any gender :) you just have to continue being active on the forum until you can apply to get in models only.

Thank you. :)
Regardless of the trans part, i'm a woman. I saw that there was a bit of debating that had previously happened over it, but I don't want to open up that can of worms. Lol.

Thank you. :)
Regardless of the trans part, i'm a woman. I saw that there was a bit of debating that had previously happened over it, but I don't want to open up that can of worms. Lol.
On the forum? Well it's open to female, male and trans now. We have all of the above in models only now and everything's fine and happy :)

On the forum? Well it's open to female, male and trans now. We have all of the above in models only now and everything's fine and happy :)

Yay that's great to hear! :)
Though, trans*women* and trans*men* are -women- and -men-. I get what you're saying, it just sounded as if we're our own seperate "gender". I'm speaking in regards to binary trans people. I can't personally speak about gender neutral people.

Though, trans*women* and trans*men* are -women- and -men-. I get what you're saying, it just sounded as if we're our own seperate "gender". I'm speaking in regards to binary trans people. I can't personally speak about gender neutral people.
Saying "any gender" was shorter than saying "cis female, cis male, female, male, non binary, dinosaur". Sorry if you read/took it wrong.

Reactions: Lilygray

Model's Only is All Gender Inclusive now! Is that a better way to phrase it? No matter where you fall on the gender spectrum - as long as you're an active model, you'll be welcome in the model's only corner! You'll find a lot of super duper helpful information there, though I know that doesn't help you now! But once you get approved, it'll be like a whole new world of information.

It;s okay to be terrified! It's kinda scary to take such a big first step! Honestly, I don't know if that feeling every goes away, that nervousness to hit the Broadcast button. But you're doing it! The best thing you can do is just... Do it. Keep an eye out for scammers - they are pretty bad when you're new. Don't hesitate to block anyone who tries to troll or even just annoys you. Don't give away anything for free. If someone asks to see your feet, make 'em pay for it. Once you get your cam, you can record some videos to sell while on cam. But really? Just read through all of the advice you can find here! Keep being active and apply for Model's Only - and know that the experience of camming itself is the best tool for learning! There will be flops and there will be mistakes, but don't give up and don't let that overwhelm you! Just use it all as another learning experience, and go out and make that $$!

You got this!!!

Saying "any gender" was shorter than saying "cis female, cis male, female, male, non binary, dinosaur". Sorry if you read/took it wrong.

I hope I didn't come off rude because that was not the intent. We just deal with a lot of ignorance on a constant basis, so generally we have our guards up. I try to educate people vs getting upset, which leads me to go into that teaching mode a lot. So, I apologize if I did. You definitely didn't offend me.

Model's Only is All Gender Inclusive now! Is that a better way to phrase it? No matter where you fall on the gender spectrum - as long as you're an active model, you'll be welcome in the model's only corner! You'll find a lot of super duper helpful information there, though I know that doesn't help you now! But once you get approved, it'll be like a whole new world of information.

It;s okay to be terrified! It's kinda scary to take such a big first step! Honestly, I don't know if that feeling every goes away, that nervousness to hit the Broadcast button. But you're doing it! The best thing you can do is just... Do it. Keep an eye out for scammers - they are pretty bad when you're new. Don't hesitate to block anyone who tries to troll or even just annoys you. Don't give away anything for free. If someone asks to see your feet, make 'em pay for it. Once you get your cam, you can record some videos to sell while on cam. But really? Just read through all of the advice you can find here! Keep being active and apply for Model's Only - and know that the experience of camming itself is the best tool for learning! There will be flops and there will be mistakes, but don't give up and don't let that overwhelm you! Just use it all as another learning experience, and go out and make that $$!

You got this!!!

Thank you! :)

I got my cam today (Logitech C922) and I've been playing with it a little bit and trying to figure out the settings. I saw a lot of recommendations for OBS, so I downloaded it. My cam came with 3x free months of XSPLIT too. Is there a live stream delay on most of the sites?
I'm thinking of getting on tomorrow just to see how Chaturbate is, if I can get over my nerves. I also plan on creating multiple different social media accounts for 'Lily'.
I've recieved mixed reactions from friends, but ultimately I know it comes down to what I need and want. Anyways, I'll stop here before I ramble too much. =P

C922 is a nice cam :3

I've been messing around with it today along with my lighting setup and I think I'm close to having it looking pretty good. I'm loving this cam. :) Any tips or pro tricks for the cam?

I ended up not going live today, I think I'm making myself overthink it.

Hey everyone! I'm Lily,

So, over the past year a lot of things in my life have happened. I've hit rock bottom, clawed my way back up, and I'm finally living my life for me. A sudden cross county move, being homeless, loosing very significant loved ones, and finally finding myself. I'm here, i'm alive, and I'm ready to thrive. Anyways, I've been considering camming for a long time. I think I've finally found the courage to just do it. I've read a lot of advice threads and I finally signed up here last night. I'm twenty-six years old and I'm a transwoman. I'm trying to figure out where to begin this journey, recommended sites, and any personal insight that any of you are willing to share with me. I'll have my new cam either today or tomorrow and I'm rather excited, albeit terrified, to start. Anyways, I think I've rambled enough, thanks y'all. XD

You should totally check out clips4sale- I feel like you would fucking rock it on there- once you get MO there's a whole C4S Section- I'm a full time clip maker. I know you said camming but seriously think about making clips too!!! It's awesome extra cash. You have the camera and lights. Your going to be performing anyways might as well film some stuff. Also there's SOOO many categories now for all types of genders on C4S.

Anyways good luck on cam girl!!!! You got this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Vera and Lilygray
You should totally check out clips4sale- I feel like you would fucking rock it on there- once you get MO there's a whole C4S Section- I'm a full time clip maker. I know you said camming but seriously think about making clips too!!! It's awesome extra cash. You have the camera and lights. Your going to be performing anyways might as well film some stuff. Also there's SOOO many categories now for all types of genders on C4S.

Anyways good luck on cam girl!!!! You got this.

Thank you a ton! XD
So, this might be a dumb question, but what is MO? Should I like record myself during a performance or make seperate ones? I read last night that I shouldn't use any pics that I have on my IRL social media? I do have a good bit of support right now, but I'd prefer if I could prevent it from becoming public knowledge for now. =P

Thank you a ton! XD
So, this might be a dumb question, but what is MO? Should I like record myself during a performance or make seperate ones? I read last night that I shouldn't use any pics that I have on my IRL social media? I do have a good bit of support right now, but I'd prefer if I could prevent it from becoming public knowledge for now. =P

Models only (is MO) also I don't record my performances since I don't live cam anymore but you totally can and put it in one store. I have a general fetish store where everything goes. I use separate pictures so yes take some pics you don't use on personal social media.

Models only (is MO) also I don't record my performances since I don't live cam anymore but you totally can and put it in one store. I have a general fetish store where everything goes. I use separate pictures so yes take some pics you don't use on personal social media.

Wow, I knew it was going to be very obvious haha. I want to get verified and everything. But, I really like this idea and I'm definitely going to check it out. I've been wanting to cam/ make videos for a while now. So, thank you! XD
From what I've seen, I can't cam on MFC though? :(

Wow, I knew it was going to be very obvious haha. I want to get verified and everything. But, I really like this idea and I'm definitely going to check it out. I've been wanting to cam/ make videos for a while now. So, thank you! XD
From what I've seen, I can't cam on MFC though? :(

Yeah MFC will be the only site you can't cam on unfortunately but your not missing much IMO! I think CB & Streammate are great choices for anyone so I would try both!! I would start out with easy clips that you do in your normal day life for clips4sale. This way you get practice and get used to non talking and then you can move onto talking - I shoot everything from B/G, G/G and now my hubby is shooting gay but not gay stuff with my brother (which is an awesome addition to my studio) - there doing stuff like armpits, belly buttons, giants, etc. I say if your niche (which you are) C4S is the place to be as far as clips. No other site will be worth it

Yeah MFC will be the only site you can't cam on unfortunately but your not missing much IMO! I think CB & Streammate are great choices for anyone so I would try both!! I would start out with easy clips that you do in your normal day life for clips4sale. This way you get practice and get used to non talking and then you can move onto talking - I shoot everything from B/G, G/G and now my hubby is shooting gay but not gay stuff with my brother (which is an awesome addition to my studio) - there doing stuff like armpits, belly buttons, giants, etc. I say if your niche (which you are) C4S is the place to be as far as clips. No other site will be worth it

Maybe one day they'll allow us transwomen to cam on there. I know I'd love to be part of the community and I would personally have no issue showing any sort of medical documentation to help verify me. I know that might not be the norm and many people would probably have an issue doing so, but I'm speaking for myself. Would you mind PM'ing me so I can get more info about this?

Thank you :)

Also, would anyone have any tips to help calm my nerves? I keep pushing off my first broadcasting by making all these different scenarios in my mind. Like nobody will watch me, I'll be too boring, too shy, too xyz.

Also, would anyone have any tips to help calm my nerves? I keep pushing off my first broadcasting by making all these different scenarios in my mind. Like nobody will watch me, I'll be too boring, too shy, too xyz.
The only thing that really helps me with this is to just randomly get on. Like, not allow myself to really pre-plan it, or spend much thought on it.

Hi there! I'm a trans man who just started out a couple weeks ago, and I agree, it is kinda weird and inaccurate that they treat "trans" as its own gender. And if you go in someone else's room, the sidebar ads are really objectifying and gross. But if it helps people find me easier, I guess that's a good thing. I'd agree with Zana that you've gotta just go for it. It's probably not going to be what you expect, but confidence and not taking yourself too seriously go a long way. Good luck!

You are definitely overthinking things, and that's the danger of waiting tooo long to broadcast! It's easy for the doubts and shadows to build up! And to worry about not meeting your own expectations.

What I would do is set yourself a mini goal. Don't worry about tokens, don't worry about putting on a super amazing show. Make a goal to cam for 20-30 minutes. That's it. Just twenty or thirty minutes is all you have to do. Long enough to pop in and say hi to a few people. The point is just to hit that broadcast button and realize there isn't anything to be afraid of. And hopefully it will be even easier the next time! Waiting to hit the broadcast button is scarier than actually hitting it, believe me!

Good luck!

• Helpful!
Reactions: Val Vega
Trans does have a lot of traffic on CB from what I've seen! You just have to take the hit, what's the worst that can happen? Any site will take some getting used to, and I waited until after my first show to start setting up the social media aspect etc, just to make sure I wasn't wasting time.

Even if it takes you half an hour to hit the start broadcasting button, just make sure you do, because you never know, you actually may enjoy it! Best of luck x

• Hugs
You just have to take the hit and press the button! Took my half an hour my first night, but you're never going to know until you do!

Status
Not open for further replies.