AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Advice for new models

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
I've made some common mistakes and it took me a while to figure this whole thing out somewhat but I'm finally doing OK. Just wish I could "start over" on MFC. My camscore is in the basement. Doing decently on Chaturbate though

Also, do women usually support male SW?

I was following a male broadcaster for a while before I signed up with my first account a few years ago. I made the jump from free, random c2c faps to token earning SW because he seemed so relaxed and genuine. When I made some dough, I made sure to support him, even though I was watching him less due to having my own broadcasts. Mind you, I was too broke to contribute with money I earned from my full-time job, but I gave back a good chunk of what I earned to him. However, he did have a decent amount of regular female viewers that consistently tipped.

Hey, how long does it take for a vertified model to see the "New model mistakes" thread? I desperatly need some advices since I apparently don't do so well on cb cause my room is mostly small and quiet :bucktooth: I've read alot of good advices here and got helped alot so I really don't understand what I do so wrong...

Hey, how long does it take for a vertified model to see the "New model mistakes" thread? I desperatly need some advices since I apparently don't do so well on cb cause my room is mostly small and quiet :bucktooth: I've read alot of good advices here and got helped alot so I really don't understand what I do so wrong...

I am watching you right now and your cam looks great, you have great colors, good light, you smile and you tease. Sometimes it just takes time for them to find you and for you to find your groove. I want to suggest a couple of things that you might want to try out... if not, that's totally fine too.

1) You have a good girl face. Test a "good girl" persona: remove the super sexual references from your room topic and bio, try to do more conversation, and if you are comfortable with it, conceal your tattoos with long sleeves (button ups are a good choice so you can open the buttons to reveal more skin without taking off the sleeves) and tights or something that will cover your leg tattoos. It is just an experiment to see if a good girl persona would fare better.

2) The high goal is hindering you... people see 2000 tokens and they think "23 people? this goal will never happen" my suggestion is to remove it entirely and sell content instead. Make it expensive if you wish, you can sell an explicit video for 500, just remove the goal altogether.

I am watching you right now and your cam looks great, you have great colors, good light, you smile and you tease. Sometimes it just takes time for them to find you and for you to find your groove. I want to suggest a couple of things that you might want to try out... if not, that's totally fine too.

1) You have a good girl face. Test a "good girl" persona: remove the super sexual references from your room topic and bio, try to do more conversation, and if you are comfortable with it, conceal your tattoos with long sleeves (button ups are a good choice so you can open the buttons to reveal more skin without taking off the sleeves) and tights or something that will cover your leg tattoos. It is just an experiment to see if a good girl persona would fare better.

2) The high goal is hindering you... people see 2000 tokens and they think "23 people? this goal will never happen" my suggestion is to remove it entirely and sell content instead. Make it expensive if you wish, you can sell an explicit video for 500, just remove the goal altogether.[/QUOTE

So nice of you to check and thanks alot for the help loveI actually saw you and recognized your name but wasn't sure but if I cover my tattooes I will cover too much, with wearing too much clothes like long sleeves and tights ? have made some contents, 3 picture sets and 1 vid. Just suggest getting that video for a lil less then the regular as a goal?

• Hugs
Reactions: Mila_

It's just an idea of something you could try to see if your viewer count improves... there are no recipes in camland just a lot of trial and error. Looking at your face, you have feminine and sweet features, you could pull the "nice girl" angle if you wanted, so that is why I was suggesting what I did. It could work or it could not work but you will not know unless you try. The good thing is.. it's free to try things :)

Thank you so much dear! I've actually never thought of myself like "imthatnicesweetgirl" probably cause my mind is really dirty xD but I will def try to pull off that innosence! Its like you say so many different things to try out, so I get confused alot cause I really want to make it work!

Yes, very true. I enjoy camming alot but when you don't get tipped at all for 2 hours it's very hard to look fun

When it happens, I try to remind myself that this time wasn't completely lost either. I keep track of how many followers I gain each shift, so at least that's a little something I gain, even though it might only be psychological motivation haha! Also I tell myself that it's like a non-paid training. I don't think it's fair when jobs don't pay for the training period but oh well!

Thank you everyone for all the advice! You sweeties are amazing.

One question that I've consistently wondered in my short time camming is... does anyone know of successful/lucrative models who do neither public cumshows NOR content sales (selling photosets and vids)? Successful models I've seen rely on at least one of these strategies, and, most often, both!

I ask because perhaps I will /eventually/ be comfortable with the former (I'm fairly modest so far, and want to continue doing what's comfortable so that I continue looking forward to camming!), but at the moment cannot imagine the latter (though who knows, that may change :)). I feel lucky that, as new as I am and as modest as I've been, I do have sweet members who try and stop in whenever I'm on so far, both because they enjoy the conversation and because they are along for my journey out of shyness :) - but I worry that the novelty factor may wear off for them, and that my timeline for getting more comfortable will be too lengthy for them to stick around.

In the long run, any answer is totally fine because my commitment is to cam as long as it's BOTH genuinely fun for me and also lucrative enough to justify spending my time in that fashion, and I'm okay with letting it go when it's not. However, I'm having such a lovely time so far that I hope I get to continue!

1 Does anyone know a good place to learn lighting? my favorite girls from the famous pages have an incredible atmosphere thanks to the light, I feel shy to ask where they learned.
2 How is it organized with food and camera work? I am glutton and I love sweets help please.

It's just an idea of something you could try to see if your viewer count improves... there are no recipes in camland just a lot of trial and error. Looking at your face, you have feminine and sweet features, you could pull the "nice girl" angle if you wanted, so that is why I was suggesting what I did. It could work or it could not work but you will not know unless you try. The good thing is.. it's free to try things :)
I've seen your shows, I have some questions I would like to ask you, you seem like an incredible camera model, I just wish you success and I think I have good luck finding you in this forum

• Hugs
Reactions: Mila_
Hahaha .
Whenever I see your shows, the sound is incredible, what makes it so special? What camera do you use? and the purple light I love too, basic tips for those of us who feel intimidated by queens like you?

It is great that you pay attention to the quality of the image and the sound of your stream, and there are cheap and expensive ways to improve the way your feed looks. If you are a new model I recommend taking care of the things you can do for free or for cheap I do not recommend buying expensive equipment until you know for sure this is profitable for you and something you want to be doing for a long time. Otherwise you might end up spending a lot of money and not recouping the costs. Ideally you should be improving the quality of your stream as you go along reinvesting some of your earnings in this. Once you are past the regular quality, sound and lighting are not things that will make or break you so you should focus on finding the right type of show, interaction, strategy and persona first.

Expensive essentials are a professional webcam and a solid internet connection. Extras that are free or cheap are an ethernet cable and OBS. Everything else you can pick up in time. I suggest about 6 months of camming to be sure this is for you before splurging in other expensive equipment.

That said, I use a Røde external mic for the sound. I play music directly from my computer through OBS. The rest of the stuff I use are all in my model Cheatsheet you can find it here:

http://milamcfly.com/hkjgjhftd54fhhg/cheatsheet.html

There are tons of ideas in there but like I said... spend in moderation for now.

It is great that you pay attention to the quality of the image and the sound of your stream, and there are cheap and expensive ways to improve the way your feed looks. If you are a new model I recommend taking care of the things you can do for free or for cheap I do not recommend buying expensive equipment until you know for sure this is profitable for you and something you want to be doing for a long time. Otherwise you might end up spending a lot of money and not recouping the costs. Ideally you should be improving the quality of your stream as you go along reinvesting some of your earnings in this. Once you are past the regular quality, sound and lighting are not things that will make or break you so you should focus on finding the right type of show, interaction, strategy and persona first.

Expensive essentials are a professional webcam and a solid internet connection. Extras that are free or cheap are an ethernet cable and OBS. Everything else you can pick up in time. I suggest about 6 months of camming to be sure this is for you before splurging in other expensive equipment.

That said, I use a Røde external mic for the sound. I play music directly from my computer through OBS. The rest of the stuff I use are all in my model Cheatsheet you can find it here:

http://milamcfly.com/hkjgjhftd54fhhg/cheatsheet.html

There are tons of ideas in there but like I said... spend in moderation for now.
Thanks for everything you said,without doubt I appreciate your words very much.

I have one more question, sorry for the indiscretion but I have never seen that you are naked in your shows. Are you a non-nude model? .
thanks once again

Thanks for everything you said,without doubt I appreciate your words very much.

I have one more question, sorry for the indiscretion but I have never seen that you are naked in your shows. Are you a non-nude model? .
thanks once again

I was for many years, but now I am at a place where I do what I feel like doing in the moment and sometimes that includes nudity. I am not an explicit model or the most lascivious one though.

Reactions: KariLove
Sets can be however large or small as you like them. I started off selling photo sets (before I even made videos, before video sales were an absolute requirement as a cam girl) that were maybe 10-15 photos to a set. I usually had them around 90-120 tokens on MFC.

Would you say smaller photosets usually sell better? I know you were referencing a past time, so I was wondering if that's still relevant. I just posted my first photoset and have been a little anxious that 50 pics is too many lol. I read elsewhere on here to price photosets at 5 tkns a picture so that's what I did.

Would you say smaller photosets usually sell better? I know you were referencing a past time, so I was wondering if that's still relevant. I just posted my first photoset and have been a little anxious that 50 pics is too many lol. I read elsewhere on here to price photosets at 5 tkns a picture so that's what I did.
It's hard to say what's best now, because in the current cam model era, videos are mostly all people think about. But I'd say 50 is a large set, if there is a way to split that into 2 sets with about 25 each for half the price you have the current set at, may sell better. Photos can't be too pricey unless they are super high production value, in my opinion. (and mine are FAR from that lol).

It's hard to say what's best now, because in the current cam model era, videos are mostly all people think about. But I'd say 50 is a large set, if there is a way to split that into 2 sets with about 25 each for half the price you have the current set at, may sell better. Photos can't be too pricey unless they are super high production value, in my opinion. (and mine are FAR from that lol).

Okay, thank you! I'll rework my present photoset into multiples and definitely start focusing on videos.

I'm mostly doing cam to boost video sales, I won't lie, but I'm having issues in that everything is hosted on MV and with the introduction of MV Live (which I'm currently camming on, but it's not great) I won't be able to link my MV to MFC/CB/other websites :/

I'm mostly doing cam to boost video sales, I won't lie, but I'm having issues in that everything is hosted on MV and with the introduction of MV Live (which I'm currently camming on, but it's not great) I won't be able to link my MV to MFC/CB/other websites :/
I don't think they'll care. I have my C4S linked and they haven't had a problem with that.