AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Aliens..do you believe?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be a skeptic about aliens. But when you really take a deep look at the size of the universe, it's difficult to believe we are alone. Plus the TV show Ancient Aliens really is like bible study and history for stoners :mrgreen: :eek:bscene-smokingweed:

3okmzk.jpg

I have no problems believing in aliens, but I do not think they are hanging out around our planet. The distances involved are just too vast. The only real theory humans have of traveling faster than light, by creating a bubble of space around the vessel, has the side effect of releasing planet killing levels of energy when you reach your destination.

Darn tootin. Too much evidence out there and within my family to not.

Off topic and might make me look loony, but string theory says there may be 11 total dimensions. So I wonder if we get visitors from parallel words, or future worlds, or from another dimension we can not interact with.

String theory is interesting theoretically, but as far as I know there is no reason why it should/needs to be true.

Evvie said:
String theory is interesting theoretically, but as far as I know there is no reason why it should/needs to be true.

For everyday proposes you can get away with saying the Earth is flat and is held up by four elephants who ride around on the back of a turtle, and there would not be any major complications in your life. I personally think reality is shaped by belief, and I believe the universe is made of tiny vibrators.

I often get into arguments with religious people who say God did it, for everything. I never understood why God could not have used tiny vibrators though, since God is often described as all powerful and stuff.

nTNwN.jpg

Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:

For everyday proposes you can get away with saying the Earth is flat and is held up by four elephants who ride around on the back of a turtle, and there would not be any major complications in your life. I personally think reality is shaped by belief, and I believe the universe is made of tiny vibrators.

I often get into arguments with religious people who say God did it, for everything. I never understood why God could not have used tiny vibrators though, since God is often described as all powerful and stuff.

nTNwN.jpg
Whoa controversy! :-D If there is a god, why couldn't he have created the big bang? I wonder if religious folks ever think about this when arguing?

Reactions: Sith138
JoleneJolene said:
Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:

Whoa controversy! :-D If there is a god, why couldn't he have created the big bang? I wonder if religious folks ever think about this when arguing?

Religious folk think about it all the time - at least they did when I went to church (you know... back in the day :p)

A lot of religious people are pretty moderate and don't mind (and even accept) the argument that their God-figure was involved in the big bang.

It's the more conservative (and it seems often more vocal) folk who aren't quite for that. My Dad has been a devout Christian for fifty years, is an elder in one of those fancy denominations, and would likely be the first to agree with the science behind universe creation/expansion.

But meh. I had friends in high school who I thought were relatively intelligent, who refused to acknowledge the theory of evolution itself (not the issue of where people came from) was viable.

My belief is that, if they had the technology to get here, we would not see their space craft or know anything of them, if they didn't want us too. Moving beyond the speed of light may be possible at some point, but any race of being that has mastered that, would not be dumb enough to get spotted as lights in the sky. The vastness of space makes direct alien contact unlikely I think. I have no problem believing there is other life, even other advanced life out there. I suppose I would not be totally shocked if they revealed them selves to us tomorrow, but it would be because they wanted to, not b/c we caught them.

I do think there are other life forms out there, the odds are on my side for that thought. While I'll agree Stephen Hawking is pretty awesome for me Neil deGrasse Tyson is a Rock Star. And here are just 2 examples =)

The second one you need to skip to 7:35 because up till then he goes over what the first video does, but with more detail so you could just watch the second one but the first one has some beautiful pictures. Your choice. =)

Shaun__ said:
........ and I believe the universe is made of tiny vibrators.

:lol: Shaun, that sounds like something a devout camgirl might say. :lol: :lol:

As far as Aliens, sure. Of course they exist. It would be extremely closed minded to think we are the only intelligent life that has evolved out there. Simply put, despite holding ourselves in such hi regard as "Intelligent", its quite possible we are not nearly as evolved or as smart as we seem to think we are. That said, they would also probably have means of traveling that we haven't even thought of at this point.

I subscribe to a large amount of the ancient astronaut theory. There is some of it that is a bit of a stretch. But it does seem to fit alot of the ideas about forced accelerated evolution of humans. One theory that when the Aliens came to Earth and accelerated humans for mining use, is where we learned that gold was actually vauable. In prehistoric times, gold really would not have had much value to the average cro-mag. I believe that we were told it was important and eventually we figured out why.

Neudiin said:
do think there are other life forms out there, the odds are on my side for that thought.
Dam man I have things to do, but could not let this go. The odds may be in your favor, or they may not, it is silly to think we could possibly have anywhere near enough data to calculate odds. I can not now watch the NDT (jr. i think) vids, but promises to return to them.

Cam by odds I mean the number of stars with planets revolving around them at a distance that would be conducive to the formation of life as we know it. And while I'll agree that it might be un-calculable with our current lack of knowledge about all those star, what makes it that way is not lack of stars but the sheer number of them that we have no knowledge about.

annnnnnd I got sucked into youtube again watching Neil deGrasse Tyson videos....DAMN YOU YOUTUBE!!! On the last video I watched, a 2nd grader asked him about 2 black hole colliding. I give you youtube videos posted on reddit....what happens? Its 6 hours later and you have no idea how you got there.

Neudiin said:
annnnnnd I got sucked into youtube again watching Neil deGrasse Tyson videos....DAMN YOU YOUTUBE!!! On the last video I watched, a 2nd grader asked him about 2 black hole colliding. I give you youtube videos posted on reddit....what happens? Its 6 hours later and you have no idea how you got there.

I fell into this as well because of reddit yesterday. http://www.forbes.com/sites/alexkna...lack-hole-was-ejected-out-of-its-home-galaxy/
There are 2 things that are both endlessly interesting to me and really goddamn terrifying and that's space and the deep ocean. There's some crazy shit in both of them and I don't doubt the existence of aliens for one second.

If you wanna learn some freaky shit about teleportation, seriously check out http://www.projectpegasus.net/

Mission Statement

Project Pegasus is a quest begun in 1968 by Andrew D. Basiago when he was serving as a child participant in the US time-space exploration program, Project Pegasus.

Project Pegasus was the classified, defense-related research and development program under the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA) in which the US defense-technical community achieved time travel on behalf of the US government -- the real Philadelphia Experiment.

Project Pegasus was launched by the US government to perform "remote sensing in time" so that reliable information about past and future events could be provided to the US President, intelligence community, and military.

It was expected that the 140 American schoolchildren secretly enrolled in Project Pegasus would continue to be involved in time travel when they grew up and went on to serve as America's first generation of "chrononauts."

The children found, however, that in the process of serving as child time travelers attached to Project Pegasus, they became America's time-space pioneers.

Andy was the first American child to teleport and one of America’s early time-space explorers, as will be told in his soon-to-be-published book, Once Upon a Time in the Time Stream: My Adventures in Project Pegasus at the Dawn of the Time-Space Age.

In 1968, he resolved to one day tell the true story of his time travel experiences in Project Pegasus and reveal to the world that the US government had made secret a teleportation technology that if made public would revolutionize transportation across the face of our planet.

Today, Andy serves as the Team Leader of the new Project Pegasus, the only group in the world that is lobbying the US government to declassify its time travel secrets.

Under Andy's leadership, the mission of today's Project Pegasus is to lead the campaign in law, politics, and culture to urge the US government to disclose its teleportation capability, so that this revolutionary technology can be used to advantage humanity in the 21st century.

Andy envisions a world in which teleports will replace airports for "real time" transit between major transport hubs around the world, thereby making long-distance travel faster, easier, safer, and cheaper.

The declassification and deployment of the US government's teleportation capability may also be the most important environmental cause of our time, for it will prevent billions of tons of pollutants from conventional transport from entering the atmosphere every year.

Neudiin said:
Cam by odds I mean the number of stars with planets revolving around them at a distance that would be conducive to the formation of life as we know it. And while I'll agree that it might be un-calculable with our current lack of knowledge about all those star, what makes it that way is not lack of stars but the sheer number of them that we have no knowledge about.

My mistake, - never read/post in a rush. I thought you said you did notthink there was life out there. And the odds were in your favor. I don't know why I add the not? But yes I would agree the #'s would make me believe that life has to exist somewhere, and probably lots of somewhere's.

Sith138 said:
I subscribe to a large amount of the ancient astronaut theory....

I remember as a kid the first time I saw a thing called "Chariots of the Gods" [the documentary]
Yeah, it made an impression. While I don't view it as completely factual and using some "Hollywood license," it got my mind to stay open to the very real possibility of "we are not alone".

Also, congrats on this thread.. :text-bravo:
It seems to be we're all pretty much in agreement on the basic concept. I was sure on reading the OP that the poopooers would come out fairly quick. lol

Reactions: camstory
So, do I think aliens exist. In a heartbeat. Just look upwards into the sky on a clear night. Do we think that we are so arrogant as to be the only world in among that heavenly bunch to support life? Ok, maybe not humanoid life as we tend to perceive it, but we surely can't be the only civilisation that has evolved technology to take its denizens out into space. I think its a safe bet... bearing in mind the millions of stars that we can see (and probably billions of others too far for us to see) that a few planets orbiting those stars most probably have intelligent life on board.

As one post already mentioned, we could (technically) also be the aliens ourselves after going to our own moon... and using technology that if we pause to think about it, was only science fiction a hundred years ago. Who knows what can be achieved a hundred years from now. Then again we have had more people walk on the moon thus far, than have travelled down to the bottom of the Marianas Trench to visit the deepest ocean floor... so who knows?

Whether other alien civilisations would wish to come see us is another matter entirely. Even if they can harness technology to allow fast space travel and could reach us, would they want to come and visit a world, which to them may appear to be as technologically backward as the stone age would seem to us relative to the present day?

Would we be the little fish in their pond? :think:

We (Earth that is) are just a spec in an infinite space... a grain of sand in the Sahara... we most certainly can't be alone... its just that our neighbours may live very, very, very, far away. :thumbleft:

:twocents-02cents:

Evvie said:
JoleneJolene said:
Shaun__ said:
Evvie said:

Religious folk think about it all the time - at least they did when I went to church (you know... back in the day :p)

A lot of religious people are pretty moderate and don't mind (and even accept) the argument that their God-figure was involved in the big bang.

It's the more conservative (and it seems often more vocal) folk who aren't quite for that. My Dad has been a devout Christian for fifty years, is an elder in one of those fancy denominations, and would likely be the first to agree with the science behind universe creation/expansion.

But meh. I had friends in high school who I thought were relatively intelligent, who refused to acknowledge the theory of evolution itself (not the issue of where people came from) was viable.
I've never heard that before! My dad is a pretty hip rock and roll pastor and my mom is a surfing, pot smoking messianic jew. Real Oregonian christians but I've only ever heard them and their friends argue it. Makes sense to me though!

Slightly off topic, but I'm interested...

I believe I know who uploaded this to MFC as an emote, but curious as to what the sentiment behind it was. :think:

Because if it was the person I think it was, he spent an awful lot of time trying to be buddy buddy with me, yet I find this emote somewhat insulting.

Attachments

• amberalien.jpg
    amberalien.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Nordling
AmberCutie said:

I believe I know who uploaded this to MFC as an emote, but curious as to what the sentiment behind it was. :think:
Because if it was the person I think it was, he spent an awful lot of time trying to be buddy buddy with me, yet I find this emote somewhat insulting.

Seems rude to me, but I do not know what the back story of your relationship with the submitter is.

AmberCutie said:

It doesn't really make sense, does it? Is he saying you must be an alien 'cos you're a top 20 model? Is he implying that only aliens make the top 20? That the top 20 is comprised only of aliens? I don't get it. Is it a compliment? An insult?

Status
Not open for further replies.