AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Angry Video Game Nerd

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually more of a fan James's other work, the AVGN is what brought me to his site initially though. He's a walking encyclopedia of horror movie facts and trivia just like myself.

jebbaz said:
I'm actually more of a fan James's other work, the AVGN is what brought me to his site initially though. He's a walking encyclopedia of horror movie facts and trivia just like myself.
I'm a fan of both mostly because of his knowledge of horror films as well as some sci-fi films like the Back To the Future trilogy and the Alien franchise as well as the fact that he's hit it off with the AVGN even though it's something that James originally did as a joke that the retro-gaming community picked up on and it just evolved from there.

OtakuJack1987 said:
I'm a fan of both mostly because of his knowledge of horror films as well as some sci-fi films like the Back To the Future trilogy and the Alien franchise as well as the fact that he's hit it off with the AVGN even though it's something that James originally did as a joke that the retro-gaming community picked up on and it just evolved from there.

I cant wait for the movie, thats gonna be awesome.

Pretty much everything James Rolfe does is awesome; from AVGN to his movie reviews and everything in between, great stuff. You can really tell that he knows what makes a good video game/film and what makes them bad by watching his videos. Rolfe has one hell of a vision and I'm looking forward to when he starts making full length movies.

Currently I've been enjoying watching Monster Madness 2010 on Cinemassacre.com. Every October he uploads a horror/sci fi movie review every day, and it's great stuff. This year he's doing something different this year with the Camp Cult edition. There's been some real campy films and some real stinkers too so far. :tongue3:

As for my favorite AVGN episode? It has to the the 3DO/Plumbers Don't Wear Ties review from last year. I was laughing so hard at this review that was in tears, I nearly lost my breath and was in physical pain. :laughing3: It really shows how awful CD based video games/consoles were before the PlayStation came along.

BloodRed87 said:
Pretty much everything James Rolfe does is awesome; from AVGN to his movie reviews and everything in between, great stuff. You can really tell that he knows what makes a good video game/film and what makes them bad by watching his videos. Rolfe has one hell of a vision and I'm looking forward to when he starts making full length movies.

Currently I've been enjoying watching Monster Madness 2010 on Cinemassacre.com. Every October he uploads a horror/sci fi movie review every day, and it's great stuff. This year he's doing something different this year with the Camp Cult edition. There's been some real campy films and some real stinkers too so far. :tongue3:

As for my favorite AVGN episode? It has to the the 3DO/Plumbers Don't Wear Ties review from last year. I was laughing so hard at this review that was in tears, I nearly lost my breath and was in physical pain. :laughing3: It really shows how awful CD based video games/consoles were before the PlayStation came along.
Oh God, that episode is absolutely hilarious! That has got to be one of my most favorite episodes of all time right next to the Dick Tracy episode.

Keithy said:
The Irate Gamer is the opposite of this guy. Watch a video of his and prepare to yell at that little TV connected to your keyboard.
Not his videos, I'm too nice for that.
For the love of God, don't mention the Irate Hack! I don't like him or his videos because he's absolutely nothing more than an absolute carbon copy of the AVGN.

Chris Bores is his real name, and he just absolutely has zero talent and originality whatsoever! He is definition of the word plagiarism! He even left the movie clips from the original Back To the Future in his DVD whle James took the movie clips out for volume 1 of his DVD.

Hell, even Armake21 absolutely hates the Irate Gamer and his brainless fanboys!

jebbaz said:
OtakuJack1987 said:

I cant wait for the movie, thats gonna be awesome.
I can't wait for the movie either! James and his buddy Kevin who played the Ninja in the Ninja Gaiden review and the Game graphics glitch Gremlin in in the Game Glitches episode have been writing a script that took them 2 years to come up with.

I can't wait to see how that turns out.

Also, James was in 2 direct to DVD documentaries about 2 of the most classic and iconic horror franchises Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street titled "His name was Jason" and "Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy".

I love this guy. He has so much stuff that I can go back and watch his old videos again and again and it's like seeing them for the first time. The video game reviews are the funniest to me...I don't think I could get through five minutes of the games he reviews so it's hilarious watching someone else stumble through them and rip them a new one.

I interviewed him once for a pilot for a TV show I was trying to put together. True story.

OtakuJack1987 said:
Enon said:
I interviewed him once for a pilot for a TV show I was trying to put together. True story.
Very awesome :D You don't happen to still have it do you?

The footage exists, but I don't physically have it, and the pilot was piss-poor anyway.

jebbaz said:
The fact that he uses real life hard copies and not an emulator is astounding.
James has said multiple times when he gets asked the question of what he thinks about consoles vs. emulators that he prefers the actual consoles and games instead of using emulators and ROMs which is really how old school games should really be played, granted if you have the money to spend on buying those old school consoles and games.

He has almost every single NES game ever made which blows my mind!

Of course, that's thanks to the donations that he gets from the fans :D

I also have James to thank for encouraging me to get myself an NES top loader and start collecting as well as playing NES games again after only God knows how long.

Attachments

• NESTopLoader-2.jpg
    NESTopLoader-2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 147
I've watched all the episodes as well man, I've watched every video on his site, I study his work.

Runts said:
I'm not sure if "amazing" is the right word.

Bored, nerdy, lame, or has-way-too-much-time-on-his-hands come to mind...
So you're one of "those" people! James did the first 2 videos as nothing more than a joke and never really had any intention of making them public until Mike Matei suggested that he put them up on Youtube and it just took off from there and has skyrocketed through the years.

He also does movie reviews and top 10 lists for spike.com as well as Monster Madness which has just wrapped up it's 3rd year by taking a look at the more campy as well as more obscure and very terrible horror movies that exist. And for the previous Monster Madness marathons, he reviewed all of the films in the Godzilla franchise and gone over the history of horror films in general.

The Nerd isn't a real life person, it's just a character and persona created by James that represents all of our anger and frustrations with classic video games that we have all had difficulty with as well as games that we absolutely hated that deserved to be verbally torn open a new asshole! That's a pretty common misconception that's been happening ever since James first started doing this.

To hear it from his perspective, here's a quote from the documentary he made for the very first DVD: "They (the people that absolutely don't understand that the Nerd isn't a real person and is just a character and a persona that was created by James) don't understand that I'm acting, and they're also offended that I'm picking on all these old games. So, they're the REAL angry nerds."

Try watching some of the other stuff that he's done before the Angry Video Game Nerd, especially the movie he made called "The Deader the Better" and check out some of his movie reviews, the try and give The Nerd another chance.

OtakuJack1987 said:
Runts said:

So you're one of "those" people! James did the first 2 videos as nothing more than a joke and never really had any intention of making them public until Mike Matei suggested that he put them up on Youtube and it just took off from there and has skyrocketed through the years.

He also does movie reviews and top 10 lists for spike.com as well as Monster Madness which has just wrapped up it's 3rd year by taking a look at the more campy as well as more obscure and very terrible horror movies that exist. And for the previous Monster Madness marathons, he reviewed all of the films in the Godzilla franchise and gone over the history of horror films in general.

The Nerd isn't a real life person, it's just a character and persona created by James that represents all of our anger and frustrations with classic video games that we have all had difficulty with as well as games that we absolutely hated that deserved to be verbally torn open a new asshole! That's a pretty common misconception that's been happening ever since James first started doing this.

To hear it from his perspective, here's a quote from the documentary he made for the very first DVD: "They (the people that absolutely don't understand that the Nerd isn't a real person and is just a character and a persona that was created by James) don't understand that I'm acting, and they're also offended that I'm picking on all these old games. So, they're the REAL angry nerds."

Try watching some of the other stuff that he's done before the Angry Video Game Nerd, especially the movie he made called "The Deader the Better" and check out some of his movie reviews, the try and give The Nerd another chance.
He was referring to himself, not making fun of James.

jebbaz said:
OtakuJack1987 said:
Runts said:

He was referring to himself, not making fun of James.
Ah, I gotcha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.