AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Any British Models Here?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,

Sorry that I'm not posting in the Models Only section yet, I'm hoping I'll be approved by Amber on Tuesday :)
I'm Ellie, from the UK! I'm very new to all this and have actually only been camming for three nights!
I can't wait to start making friends on here and have some questions in the meantime while I'm waiting for approval :)

1. Are there any fellow British girls here? I'd love to chat!

2. If so, is there anything you can tell me about UK taxes and whether they apply to British Webcam Models etc.

3. If it's not a rude question (maybe PM me a response on this one), how many tokens do you guys average a night? I've been on for three nights and have just about clocked 20,000Tkns. I'm very happy with this result but I don't have any idea how that compares to others and whether this is likely to decline when I lose my 'New Model' status?

I can't wait to meet you all and start posting in here properly :)

Speak soon

Ellie x

Reactions: camstory
I'm a british model, welcome! Well done for making so much in just a few days

I'm not the best person to ask about taxes as I still don't really understand them.

After your new model status goes you will be relying on camscore for better publicity. Camscore works on how many tokens you make per hour and you can see what your score is on the homepage. It's much easier to get a high camscore when you're a new model as it works over a 60 day system, so as you haven't done 60 days every single day counts. Once you get approved as a model you'll be able to learn more about this. You made a lot in your first few days so your score may already have gone up, it depends how many hours you worked to make that much. Remember with camscore though, although it is important, what's more important are your earnings. Camscore is just a number that always changes, whilst money is real.

If you have the Uk blocked personally I would unblock them unless you have serious reasons for not wanting people from the Uk to see you. For me blocking the Uk at the start was my biggest mistake.
Once you get model status pretty much read through the models only section, there are absolutely amazing resources which will really help you. Other than that, check out some of the other models, see what successful models do, how they cam etc, take it all with a pinch of salt obviously as there's no one way to be a good camgirl, what works for one girl might not work for you, but you can get some really good tips.

I'm in the UK. Welcome to a whole bunch of fun in your new life as a camgirl!

Taxes are a hard and unavoidable fact of life, one piece of advice I would give you is that a good accountant is worth their weight in gold, so if you are just starting out as self employed, I'd seek one out and they will save you a whole lot of money in the long run (as well as the headache of having to do your own tax return).

I would say from what I can see with a UK block, it's possible to do really well from the off (2 of the girls in the top 20 at the moment block the UK and have done since they started and they're doing just fine) but you might want to think hard about your work times as obviously time differences between here and the USA (which is the biggest market and will bring you the most earnings) have a big effect on room traffic and you'll want to make sure that you get a workable schedule and stick to it to build up a decent following of regs. Good luck!!

I know nothing, but if I did it would be this.
Isabella_deL said:
There's no one way to be a good camgirl, what works for one girl might not work for you,
It makes me very sad sometimes, when I see new Models getting discouraged, and beating up on themselves because they are putting their all into it, yet think they are doing something wrong, or not doing something right, and it can be as simple as bad luck, or the lack of good luck.

I hope that is something you will never need to be concerned with Ellie. Welcome to ACF, and Camming. :hello2:

Edit: Also may want to add a link to your MFC profile, to your signature here.

Status
Not open for further replies.