1. ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone likes metal music here?

Discussion in 'Music and Videos' started by Kevinsouths, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Kevinsouths

It's the genre i like the most.

What about you? any favorite bands?

2. RogueWarrior

I'm more hard rock than metal, depending on your definition of metal.

3. Dan Epstein

I don't care for genre if it's good music. Metal by the way is mostly influenced by Classic music, from the scales, harmonies, and movements, to the crazy arpeggios and solos.

4. Meiya Tokyo USA

I started to learn English by listening AC/DC. I do not know if they are classified hard rock or metal though.

5. ramblin

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/metal-thread-m.20568/

Not locked yet, so feel free to keep it alive.

I had a big glam metal phase in the 90s, but not sure if that counts. I'm still a fan of metal instrumentally, but not digging the growled/screamed vocals that seem to dominate most metal these days.

6. Just_A_Guy

V.I.P. AmberLander

I used to like it a lot. Now im pretty much listening to jazz and chill out music.

7. Pia

Pia
    Cam Model

Totally obsessed with Myrkur

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. SuperSentaifan4ever

AC/DC is classified as hard rock even though the band themselves classify themselves as Rock and Roll.

9. IsabellaSnow

Cam Model

I like a lot of metal music, mainly listen to popular bands like Iron Maiden etc, if you consider Marilyn Manson as metal then I also listen to his music a lot, very good to dance to. Basically all of the music I like comes somewhere under the rock/metal category. But I'm really shit with names of bands and songs.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ForceTen

I'm mostly hard rock, or what would now be classified as "Classic Rock". AC/DC, Pink Floyd, Def Leppard, Aerosmith, Judas Priest, Black Sabbath, etc. But, I also like other genres of rock too such as grunge, some punk, alternative, etc. Add in some blues/jazz like Stevie Ray Vaughn, Kenny Wayne Shepherd and it's a good modern mix.

I have a pretty wide range of musical tastes.

• Like Like x 3
  11. AudriTwo

Cam Model

I love black metal. Myrkur's vocal range is impeccable.

---

Can I just add how I love the media is warning parents about their kids listening to metal again? I really hope this means we are going to see an artistic metal explosion in the genre to counter.

#11 AudriTwo, Sep 28, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
  12. Wade W Wilson

Yep, Including but certainly not limited to...

I love their older more mellow work too but I love the direction Lacuna Coil went in their most recent album.

Red Queen, Hoping they take off, I would like to hear more from them. If you like it PLEASE buy the songs and don't use some way to rip it offline, they're trying to make it independently without a label and piracy hurts them severely

In Flames, no explanation needed really, there is ass, they kick it

13. XoxoHallee

Cam Model

Me me me!!! Lamb of God, Children of Bodom, In Flames, In This Moment (might have a little girl crush on that one lol)

14. Lilredkitti

Cam Model

Yes the lead singer from In This Moment is a goddess!!!!

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  15. Lilredkitti

Cam Model

I'm honesty all around with my metal and hard rock, from seether, in this moment,the pretty reckless, to def leopard

16. Lilredkitti

Cam Model

Also for anyone who doesn't know the pretty reckless. Basically cyndi luwho grew up to be one talented sexy woman

• Hugs Hugs x 1
  17. Slowburst

I like Lamb of God and I really liked God Forbid before they broke up. I like a lot of classic metal, thrash metal, and prog metal... Maiden, Dream Theater, Metallica, Megadeth, TOOL, Helmet

• Like Like x 1
  18. Guy

Guy

Atreyu!

19. Dan Epstein

Artax!

20. Redvelvetkatt

Cam Model

Lately, been a lot of black metal/death metal... xasthur, leviathan, lurker of chalice...but I like some good slayer and godflesh thrown in too. :)

21. james5137

Banhammered

Hell yeah :dead: metal head/rock guy here..
    Gorgoroth, Opeth, Anathema

22. n_i_c_u

It is all confusing to me. Just from this thread I can't figure out metal. It isn't all Sepultura or Death or even Metallica or Megadeth.

My favorite youtube clip of Metallica (if this ain't metal I don't know what is):

CLIFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  23. PrincessSnowAngel

Cam Model

I got that lol

I wouldn't classify it as metal per say but the only band that you will ever hear in my room is TOOL because well after TOOL all other music just kind of sucks.

24. DamianOnCam

25. JickyJuly

Cam Model

It's super fun to play black metal on cam and watch the whiners roll in. Makes days you don't feel like showing up super amusing...if I remember correctly. Been a while since I've ventured outside of clipland.

• Funny Funny x 1
  26. A Little Batty

Cam Model

I have been listening to metal for around 14 years holy shit.
    When I do cam, it's always playing in the background.
    One of the biggest tips for music is to play stuff that makes you feel happy and sexy, and that's different genres of metal to me.

If someone ever complains or makes a note of it, the people in the room usually laugh at them.
    I mean, what did they expect coming into my room? One Direction? lol

27. DibellasKiss

This has been my favorite death metal band for a while. Castrator is an all female death metal band and they fucking RIP.

28. A Little Batty

Cam Model

Ohh girl bands!! I love me some Exist Trace. Omi is my everything!!!
    Their older stuff is quite heavy.

29. heart42

Banhammered

Mainly classic metal for me Motley Crue ACDC, Sabbath, Ted Nugent,Alice Cooper for Starters

• Like Like x 1
  30. justjoinedtopost

Is these count as metal?