AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Are Amazon gift cards safe?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 13, 2017
hi!
Ok so i am in transition from justbbwcams to Streamate but for the next week or so I won’t be on any site. I have a regular member who intends to follow me to the other site but until then has asked for shows through skype or kik. He wants to pay by amazon gift card to me it doesn’t seem safe but i have never done that. He was insisting on paypal but I have seen that its a big no-no. Would I basically be taking the same risk by gift card? I googled it and came up with mixed answers. A few said the guy can ask for a refund another said just apply it to your account before the show. Has anyone got experience with using amazon gift card as payment? I am supposed to do the show tomorrow night but if theres a good chance he can scam me I will tell him to wait until I get on Streamate. He has gotten mad at me for not doing what he wants when he wants and threatened to “move on” from me which I told him is his choice. My reason for telling you all that is so you see why I don’t just trus he won’t get mad at me and screw me out of what I worked for. Any advice is welcome!

https://www.camgirlwiki.com/wiki/Scams#Amazon_wishlists_and_gift_cards
Amazon wishlists and gift cards
When accepting payment via Amazon wishlist item, wait until the item actually arrives at your mailing address, or the gift card is confirmed credited to your account before performing shows for said payment.

• If a member adds an item from your wishlist to their cart, but doesn't complete the checkout process, the item will disappear from your wishlist as if it has been purchased. Many members have scammed Cam Girls this way. Members say they purchased an item, then the Cam Girl sends them the content or performs the show they requested for the purchase, then the member turns around and removes the item from their cart. Members can also click a button on an item that says they've purchased it from another seller, which also removes the item from your wishlist, looking as though it's been purchased. This is why it's important to wait until the item arrives to perform or send content.
  • There have been incidents of gift card transactions being refunded before the cam girl was able to apply it to her account. To be safe, apply the card to your account immediately. This doesn't 100% guarantee you're safe against refunds, but it should make it a little more difficult for the member to attempt it.
  • There could also be risk of receiving a "phishing scam" email regarding Amazon gift cards. Always make sure to double check the address you're receiving the gift card from, and do not click any links within the email. Simply copy the gift card code, then log in directly to Amazon and into your account to redeem it.

I have taken gift cards for years and never had issues. Once you they send the money and you transfer it to your account its very unlikely that they can get the money back. If you are letting people actually buy wish list items make sure you receive the item in hand before sending the content or skyping and if its a custom I always recommend not shooting until item is received just so you don't waste your time.

A lot of girls dont accept giftcards bc it cuts down on actual income but I spend my money on amazon wisely and usually it just allows me to spend less out of pocket on things that I would already need to purchase anyway. If you are looking ways to get more money to the bank id recommend checking out @IndieBill ... they pay out 85% and cover chargebacks.

He sounds bad and stressful. Don't put up with customers "getting mad" at you and whining. If he was a good customer, he would respect your wishes and not pressure you to do a show. He would say ok, find someone else, then maybe check you out on Streamate later. I recommend blocking him if you can, but that's me.

I've taken Amazon gift cards for customs for quite some time and never had a problem I always made sure to apply it to my account and spend it asap. But he sounds like a jerk honestly. Having time with YOU is a privlege-not the other way around. If he wants to act all high about 'moving on' I'd tell him don't let the door slam him on the ass on his way out lol.

I've taken Amazon gift cards for customs for quite some time and never had a problem I always made sure to apply it to my account and spend it asap. But he sounds like a jerk honestly. Having time with YOU is a privlege-not the other way around. If he wants to act all high about 'moving on' I'd tell him don't let the door slam him on the ass on his way out lol.
Don't let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.... ha havent thought about that in years. Thank you @Carmita Bonita

Was this the same guy who was expecting a bunch of free attention for occasional money? Cause if so....

spaceballs-merchandising-flamethrower.jpg

If not.... Tell him to quit being a giant baby and adhere to your preferences. If you do take Amazon giftcards for shows, spend them before the show. I always keep a few things I need or want in my cart so I can quickly apply the card to my account and spend it. If you're not sure what to get, they also sell household staples like toilet paper, paper towels, and pet supplies.

The safety of Amazon is debatable. However, I would NOT trust that customer. At best, he is being extremely rude, but it sounds more like he's trying to manipulate and/or scam you.

First he pressures you to use PP. If he's been around camming long enough to know about Skype shows, he's probably aware that PP is a hard NO. But he knows you're new, and he's hoping that you won't know that yet.

Then he switches to Amazon and is threatening and rushing you into it. Why does he need a Skype show so urgently? I realize that you're unique and wonderful and make his cock hard, but surely this guy can hold off a week until you have a payment system that you trust. His dick is not going to fall off between now and then! He wants you to use a payment method that you don't know very well, and don't know for sure how to use safely, and he's rushing you unnecessarily so that you don't have time to do your research thoroughly.

And the threat is neither acceptable nor logical. If he's willing to walk away and never do a show with you again, then why isn't he ok with walking away for a week and coming back to you later? Clearly he believes that he can still get his needs met somewhere else if you tell him no, so why not explore those alternate options while you get your stuff sorted out? He wants you to be scared of losing him so that you'll do things HIS way, not the safe way.

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but your payment methods should always be things you have researched and that you believe to be safe and know how to use with minimal risk. If a guy suggests a payment method that he would like, and you tell him that you've never used it, but you'll look into it and get back to him later, that should be the end of the discussion. If he throws a fit and insists that it's not ok for you to thoroughly check out a potential payment method (because he wants a show NOW), something is very wrong with the situation. When it comes to payment methods and amounts, it should ALWAYS be YOUR way or the highway. Never be afraid to tell a guy that he can come back when he's willing to play by your rules (or just block him and forget about it)!

EDIT: Also, do you get the feeling that once you're up and running on SM, this guy would happily switch back to paying on a cam site once you've accepted Amazon from him? I don't...

Last edited:
Was this the same guy who was expecting a bunch of free attention for occasional money? Cause if so....

View attachment 72921

If not.... Tell him to quit being a giant baby and adhere to your preferences. If you do take Amazon giftcards for shows, spend them before the show. I always keep a few things I need or want in my cart so I can quickly apply the card to my account and spend it. If you're not sure what to get, they also sell household staples like toilet paper, paper towels, and pet supplies.
I have my stuff set up to automatically send...especially when I was going to the gym pretty hard... Id have protein bars/powders/chips and nuts all sent to my house monthly..... I also have tp and papertowles sent about every 3/4 months... not to mention just random non perishable food items and cleaning supplies. I also find it a little easier to spoil myself with a new outfit for work here or there with amazon money vs paying out of pocket for it. Also most anything you need you can find on amazon so I always leave a small balance in my account for those occasions.

I only take amazon gift cards in the form of gifts. That's it. I do this since they are considered income, it makes my job tax times easier.

I have taken gift cards for years and never had issues. Once you they send the money and you transfer it to your account its very unlikely that they can get the money back. If you are letting people actually buy wish list items make sure you receive the item in hand before sending the content or skyping and if its a custom I always recommend not shooting until item is received just so you don't waste your time.

A lot of girls dont accept giftcards bc it cuts down on actual income but I spend my money on amazon wisely and usually it just allows me to spend less out of pocket on things that I would already need to purchase anyway. If you are looking ways to get more money to the bank id recommend checking out @IndieBill ... they pay out 85% and cover chargebacks.

Ok thank you Wow indiebill sounds great!

Reactions: IndieBill
He sounds bad and stressful. Don't put up with customers "getting mad" at you and whining. If he was a good customer, he would respect your wishes and not pressure you to do a show. He would say ok, find someone else, then maybe check you out on Streamate later. I recommend blocking him if you can, but that's me.
You are absolutely right! Thank you I just blocked him today.. I probably should block him anywhere I know we both go. I'll be expecting some retaliation though probably through nasty reviews or something lol

lol you're awesome but yeah you are right and thank you!

Reactions: Carmita Bonita
You are absolutely right! Thank you I just blocked him today.. I probably should block him anywhere I know we both go. I'll be expecting some retaliation though probably through nasty reviews or something lol

I wouldn't be too worried about retaliation, we all experience and block rip-off guys pretty much every day. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I do so much blocking that I'm surprised I'm not tagged "fucking cunt" a million times. I think many guys know when they're being assholes and slink off when we slap their hands...

View attachment 72921

yeah I know I should have followed through and blocked him before like I was advised. I really thought after I talked to him about being like that he would chill. He got worse and I blocked him today .. I did very bad with how I let him and probably a few others treat me starting out. I was warned and didn't really let it sink in but he has been so stressful lately that I had to just cut him loose even if I never get another regular it's worth just letting that go. The whole site the justbbwcams too because though I met a few guys on there who knew I was there for a job not to play for free most acted like I was a monster when I said no or ignored the free requests. I feel like it's all toxic there and that's probably mostly my fault for allowing it to go on even for a minute. Reading all the responses today it dawned on me that while I'm sitting here worried about hurting feelings he doesn't care if I get to eat or pay rent he doesn't care if I'm stressed why should I care at all about him! Thank you and the other ladies who also gave advice it took way too long to get to the point where I see clearly even though last time I had told myself to just block him I made the mistake of taking to him first. Anyway thanks for not calling me a lost cause and ignoring me. You all just really finally got me to see how it is. Thank you for the amazon advice too! For future reference I will definitely only accept those if I need something I can get there. That's a great idea keeping the cart stocked already with what you need!

I wouldn't be too worried about retaliation, we all experience and block rip-off guys pretty much every day. I'm not saying it won't happen, but I do so much blocking that I'm surprised I'm not tagged "fucking cunt" a million times. I think many guys know when they're being assholes and slink off when we slap their hands...

i like to imagine them yelling next and go disrupt another models room.

The safety of Amazon is debatable. However, I would NOT trust that customer. At best, he is being extremely rude, but it sounds more like he's trying to manipulate and/or scam you.

First he pressures you to use PP. If he's been around camming long enough to know about Skype shows, he's probably aware that PP is a hard NO. But he knows you're new, and he's hoping that you won't know that yet.

Then he switches to Amazon and is threatening and rushing you into it. Why does he need a Skype show so urgently? I realize that you're unique and wonderful and make his cock hard, but surely this guy can hold off a week until you have a payment system that you trust. His dick is not going to fall off between now and then! He wants you to use a payment method that you don't know very well, and don't know for sure how to use safely, and he's rushing you unnecessarily so that you don't have time to do your research thoroughly.

And the threat is neither acceptable nor logical. If he's willing to walk away and never do a show with you again, then why isn't he ok with walking away for a week and coming back to you later? Clearly he believes that he can still get his needs met somewhere else if you tell him no, so why not explore those alternate options while you get your stuff sorted out? He wants you to be scared of losing him so that you'll do things HIS way, not the safe way.

I'm pretty sure I've said this before, but your payment methods should always be things you have researched and that you believe to be safe and know how to use with minimal risk. If a guy suggests a payment method that he would like, and you tell him that you've never used it, but you'll look into it and get back to him later, that should be the end of the discussion. If he throws a fit and insists that it's not ok for you to thoroughly check out a potential payment method (because he wants a show NOW), something is very wrong with the situation. When it comes to payment methods and amounts, it should ALWAYS be YOUR way or the highway. Never be afraid to tell a guy that he can come back when he's willing to play by your rules (or just block him and forget about it)!

EDIT: Also, do you get the feeling that once you're up and running on SM, this guy would happily switch back to paying on a cam site once you've accepted Amazon from him? I don't...

Thank you so much! You helped a great deal getting me to stop being so dumb about putting up with him❤️ I blocked that guy finally bc telling him anything or ignoring doesn't work but no more just giving in to him or anyone!

Lol thank you! Haha you eased my mind a bit about that❤️

I love that! The saltier and bossier a client is, I'll imagine him being turned down first by all the ACF babes LOL
sometimes if you go to the model right next to you on the page, you will see the person you just banned. its adorable.

I feel like it's all toxic there and that's probably mostly my fault for allowing it to go on even for a minute.
Nope, not your fault, bb! All you did was give those guys multiple opportunities to do the right thing and not be dickheads, and they chose to fail repeatedly. Acting like a dickhead is a choice, and the fault for doing so lies entirely on the dickhead him/herself.

I really object to the whole idea of gift cards as payment. It puzzles me why anyone would think this is okay to pay me with. I can't pay other types of entertainers with a gift card. Try going to a comedy show and paying that way.

I used to accept them when I first started because of the avalanche of guys wanting to pay that way and they were mostly entitled douchebags thinking because they "gave" me a "gift" for payment they were being nice. Blech.

I can't pay my bills with them so why should I take payment with them? This is a real job and I require real money for it.

Nope, not your fault, bb! All you did was give those guys multiple opportunities to do the right thing and not be dickheads, and they chose to fail repeatedly. Acting like a dickhead is a choice, and the fault for doing so lies entirely on the dickhead him/herself.

❤️Thank you I really do appreciate that! The other day He had logged on to the camsite i was on under his name I know him by and when I banned him from my room he used a different but similar name and i banned him yet again. I felt bad a little the first time but since he did that i no longer do even a bit. He was always trying to trick me into thinking i had given him my real name too and before i banned him from twitter i had seen that he was harassing some other poor girl about prices. So before i banned his other account i wrote him back and told him how harmful his behavior can be to a cam girl and that if he would stop being so cheap and controlling he wouldn’t lose all his favorite cam girls. Life truly is so much more peaceful without him in it though lol. I am glad I listened to you awesome ladies!

❤️Thank you I really do appreciate that! The other day He had logged on to the camsite i was on under his name I know him by and when I banned him from my room he used a different but similar name and i banned him yet again. I felt bad a little the first time but since he did that i no longer do even a bit. He was always trying to trick me into thinking i had given him my real name too and before i banned him from twitter i had seen that he was harassing some other poor girl about prices. So before i banned his other account i wrote him back and told him how harmful his behavior can be to a cam girl and that if he would stop being so cheap and controlling he wouldn’t lose all his favorite cam girls. Life truly is so much more peaceful without him in it though lol. I am glad I listened to you awesome ladies!

Well done for standing up to him! The power of the ban button :smuggrin:, glad you got the situation sorted! Knowing how to deal with demanding customers like these is really hard when your new, especially when you don't want to lose one of your best regulars.

Status
Not open for further replies.