AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Average Camming Time?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SexiNerdiLexi

Inactive Cam Model
Feb 8, 2017
Twitter Username
@SexiNerdiLexi
Tumblr Username
SexiNerdiLexi
Chaturbate Username
SexiNerdiLexi
Hiya, my name is Lexi! I just have a question for my fellow cam girls and cam guys. How long, on average, do you guys cam? Obviously if you cam for a longer period of time, you get more chatters and hence more tippers. However, since I live with roommates I often can only cam in the morning when none of them are home or do a no audio show but people like that less. So I can only cam for an hour and a half up to three hours and I only average about 500 tokens a day because of this I think. If I could figure out how to cam longer, could I make more tokens? How long do you peeps cam for ?

Thx :D

Reactions: missholly
It depends. If it's unbearably slow, I log off early because camscore, but if not I have been known to stay on for 2+ hours, with my longest time being 4. Sometimes it takes a while to warm a room up, tbh. But, also sometimes no amount of time online will change a slow day. You have to weigh when the time to pull the plug is, and at least on MFC, that's a really delicate and stressful tightrope. What really matters is consistency.

When I was on Chaturbate I think it was anywhere from 3-6 hours. I couldn't be on too long because I had a wig that would give me a headache.

Now that I'm on Streamate (pvt based site) I usually cam for only 2 hours, if things are really good I'll go for 4.

For Chaturbate it took at least 20 minutes to get an idea of how many people I'll end up having in my room, then about an hour to get a good vibe flowing. On Streamate I don't really have to worry about that.

@Luna Belle Do you find streamate is better than CB? So far I've really been enjoying chaturbate but I wouldn't mind switching over to a different website if it was easier. Although I prefer CB other than ManyCams just because my exhibitionist ass likes the whole being allowed to be naked whilst not in private. I tend to notice that it starts off slow and depending on what I'm doing the room picks up and averages 20-50 users, 100 on a good day.

Also I don't really know what camscore is, but I'm guessing it's like an approval rating for your viewers. CB has a similar thing and I think it actually plays into how high up your room is on whether you have a higher approval rating because when I had 1 like and 1 dislike I got like 6 users, and now I have 3 likes and 1 dislike so I tend to have a much higher average of users.

@Luna Belle Do you find streamate is better than CB? So far I've really been enjoying chaturbate but I wouldn't mind switching over to a different website if it was easier. Although I prefer CB other than ManyCams just because my exhibitionist ass likes the whole being allowed to be naked whilst not in private. I tend to notice that it starts off slow and depending on what I'm doing the room picks up and averages 20-50 users, 100 on a good day.

Also I don't really know what camscore is, but I'm guessing it's like an approval rating for your viewers. CB has a similar thing and I think it actually plays into how high up your room is on whether you have a higher approval rating because when I had 1 like and 1 dislike I got like 6 users, and now I have 3 likes and 1 dislike so I tend to have a much higher average of users.

Streamate does not allow nudity in free chat, unless it's boobies. They are super strict about this. In fact, they're really strict about a lot. But they are more consistent income. I wouldn't say they are easier. It's just what your style is.

Reactions: SaffronBurke
Streamate does not allow nudity in free chat, unless it's boobies. They are super strict about this. In fact, they're really strict about a lot. But they are more consistent income. I wouldn't say they are easier. It's just what your style is.

aaaah, that's why there was so much tedious negotiation going on when I checked it out. to me it just seemed like the worst kind of room you could find on CB, except it was _everywhere_. but at least they have their own business model, instead of just doing the same as everyone else, and it probably protects models from the piracy website recording bots

(also checked out CamSoda before that, and there was literally only ONE guy in the 'men' section)

I'm always on a minimum of 3 hours weekdays (9pm-12am PST), on the weekends usually 6 hours starting at 6pm. If its painfully quiet, I may log off early. Only had to do that twice, I think. One day was Superbowl, so made sense lol. I try my best to stick to the saying, "just stay the fuck on!"

aaaah, that's why there was so much tedious negotiation going on when I checked it out. to me it just seemed like the worst kind of room you could find on CB, except it was _everywhere_. but at least they have their own business model, instead of just doing the same as everyone else, and it probably protects models from the piracy website recording bots

(also checked out CamSoda before that, and there was literally only ONE guy in the 'men' section)

I would say streamate has the old school camming style where everything wild is done in private show. From what I know the public show token sites gained traction later in time. I get recorded since it's in sm's agreement but I don't get uploaded very often unlike chaturbate. Some members who knew me from chaturbate follow me to streamate and are obviously confused at first that I'm not dancing naked and fucking dildos out in the open lol.

Anyways to answer OPs question I stay on anywhere between 1-5 hours. As for sm vs cb and which is better it all depends on your own individual preferences. I was a public show girl for 3 years on cb (with a pretty big room 400-1300 viewers) but it started tiring me out. Between the freeloaders, trolls, inconsistent money despite having large room counts and having to maintain regulars offline through kik and coming up with games etc. I don't like being creative I just like to be highly sexual, make $$ and log out. lol I was burned out and just bored with cb. I'd recommend sm for someone who wanted to focus more on sexuality/fetishes, who doesn't want to deal with offline contact with members and not entertain non-paying users. So it all depends on you and what you like!

My avg cam session is about 4 hours. I've been on for over 10 hours at a time though, but my body didn't thank me for it. Posing and dancing and whatnot really does take a physical toll on the body.

Reactions: yummybrownfox
On token sites it varies a lot. Back when I was doing MFC I would shoot for a minimum for 3 hours a shift, but I would log off after an hour of low tips to save my camscore. Overall on MFC I usually did 5 hours a day, but if the money was still rolling in I'd stay as long as I could.
CB was a bit different since there really isn't a penalty for staying on when tips are low. I'd almost always stay on until I met my 1st goal, this on average took 3-5 hours. If I met my first goal in 3 hours or less I'd continue with second goal (doubling the first) and if that was met quickly I'd do a 3rd goal. I'd continue with goals until I got tired or it slowed down too much. Even though there isn't a "status" penalty for staying on CB too long without tips, I'd still log off after a couple hours if it was really slow because I don't want to be giving too much away for free. I found I earned more when I stopped thinking "more hours = more money" if I'm just sitting there chatting and entertaining when nobody is tipping what incentive do they have to start or continue tipping?

Now I'm on SM and I aim for 6-8 hours per shift. Of course this varies depending on how many hours I've logged that week/month because number of hours effects your placement. If I've cammed a lot that week and I'm having a slow day I might just put in 3 hours (since percent of time in paid chat also has an effect on your placement) but if I haven't put in many hours I might pull a 10-14 hour shift. I usually do all my camming in one shift, but some days I'll split it up if it's slow or I'm feeling burnt out.

Short answer: Normally 4 hours when I've been working a full week. I usually make goal in that time frame.

Also I took a look at your CB profile and would like to make a couple suggestions:
1. REMOVE PAYPAL FROM YOUR BIO. Paypal is not "adult work" friendly and they can ban you for life and withhold all your funds, also offering any kind of outside payment on CB is against the rules and can get your account banned. Don't use paypal! No! No! No!
2. List your prices in tokens, not dollars. Some members don't know how much models get (and with studio cuts they really have no way of knowing) and international members might not know the math for their currency to USD. It's just too much brain work for a camsite.
3. Add a tip menu, even if you're running a tip menu bot having an expanded one in your bio with some special incentives for really high tips can bring in more money for you faster.

Last edited:
Depends on the rank I'm going for that month. Non-rank month=2-3 hours, 2-4 days a week. Mid-rank month=3-5 hours, 3-5 days a week. Top 250 rank month=7+ hours, 6-7 days a week. I average about a 2750 camscore.

Reactions: samijanemfc
even if you're running a tip menu bot having an expanded one in your bio with some special incentives for really high tips can bring in more money for you faster.

can you elaborate?

Okay! I will do that! I didn't realize PayPal was terrible and the fact they can withhold your funds :eek: that's awful, I'm not doing anything illegal just something I enjoy and I can make money from since the economy where I'm at is trash and I can't find a job atm. But I really enjoy this! I like that it has very low anxiety levels for my mentally ill ass lol, no need to stress about being late for work or whatnot, obviously there are still things to worry about but it's very chill and I enjoy that.

Damn 10-14 hours is a long shift! That's what I usually did waitressing, I'd imagining camming would be just as tiring like that. And for the USD thing that's just because I'm saving up money for the lovesense toy package which is what that is kind of about and donate in USD to their Indiegogo for the package. That's a good idea! I'll have to make another graphic that's a tip menu and expand on that, for some reason the tip bot I was using was not really working out for me so I think a stylish graphic will help out. Sometime I notice the other graphic that says SexiNerdiLexi is cut off but not always is that happening on your screen?

I definitely prefer CB, that whole camscore seems quite stressful and I don't think I'd enjoy that and having to manage that. I think I'm still gonna stick to CB for now as my camming platform. Although I'm still trying to figure out how to coax more tokens out of people, I'm getting there however! A tip menu will def help :)

But I really enjoy this! I like that it has very low anxiety levels for my mentally ill ass lol,

hah! I know, right.
I tell people I'm shy and anxious n stuff and they don't understand it.

can you elaborate?
There are lots of tips all over the forum for you to read. The more creative and special to you, the more success you'll have with it to be honest. I'll list a couple popular ones I've used or have seen other models use. You really have to be creative and see what works in your room.
Doing a short (2min or less) naked dance, 2 mins topless, "below the belt" flash, pussy play (or dick/ball/ass tease for guys), mute/unmute, outfit change, short PM session, PM for whole show, name moaning, writing name on body, add as friend [1 month/year/forever], forever follow back on twitter, choosing toy for cumshow, add butt plug for x number of mins/for cumshow, view cam for a few mins, view cam during cumshow, over panties vibe tease, insta naked, insta cumshow, 24 hour cum denial/save from cum denial, tell sexy story/fantasy, do a sexual challenge (like recite the alphabet backwards while using a vibe)

I have personally even used non sexual things that have worked really well like: tell funny story, play a favourite song, poorly attempt an accent, put on silly outfit/hat/accessory, talk about something nerdy I like, do a silly challenge, and even have listed just "super cute reaction"

You can also do things like offer similar incentives for people who clear goals or were the high tippers for the show. Like "clear goal, get videos/free PM/view cam" or "King for cumshow gets to choose toy/get name moaned" or even offer password shows to high tippers.

Like I said, get creative, not all of these will work for everyone, they might even be hurtful to some model's earnings. It's really trial and error.

Okay! I will do that! I didn't realize PayPal was terrible and the fact they can withhold your funds :eek: that's awful, I'm not doing anything illegal
It's basically rule #1 of adult work to never use PayPal. PayPal is horrible to all SWs, it doesn't matter if what you're doing is legal, they are a business and can shut you down if you go against their TOS. Aside from offering outside payment on CB being against the rules, don't offer paypal anywhere, not even on your blog or twitter. Offering paypal in the adult entertainment world is just begging to get you scammed. Members can request refunds and also get your real personal info, do a quick search of paypal on here and you'll find a million and 1 reasons to never use them. I've heard horror stories about them shutting down girls accounts even if they never used it for adult proposes just because they worked in the adult industry. I've also seen stories were they have even banned girl's friends and family from their services. Do not use them.

If you want an adult friendly alternative to paypal I'd suggest pervoutpay.
Just have a "for members" email address (not the email you use to sign up for camsites) and you're good!

I definitely feel you on camming offering you a better alternative than a "vanilla" job when you're suffering with mental illness, camming has saved my life and made it 1000x better, but if you want to be successful and keep this job you gotta be smart about it and do your research.

I have been focusing on camming for 6 hours 5 to 6 days a week.... well, sometimes 7. I am trying to build a specific community of really kind and silly regulars though, and my room is mainly a hang-out room with games and some nudity. After not doing them for two years I started doing true privates to help offset camscore for being online so often but, for the most part, I've stopped worrying about camscore. You need to be online to meet your crew!

@DaisyMaxwell thank you for the info :h: I definitely enjoy it more than I've enjoyed vanilla jobs in the past. I've been doing lots of reading up on this forum and of course lots of google searches on how to earn more tokens and be a better camgirl and a lot of people drill the need for better equipment, which I'm working on! I'm going to get the Logitech HD webcam when I have the money from camming since it makes since to invest to make more (uh, the C9210 I think it's called ?) and eventually a new laptop since mine is from 2009 and very clunky and slow. Seriously I can literally only have google chrome open and my CPU usage is at 100%, I tried defragging but idk any other ways to fix that? Other than get a new computer which is what I'm working on lol. I'll check out pervoutpay! I have several separate emails so that shouldn't be a problem.

I really like the whole king tipper chooses the toy idea too, I find that the Die Roll game is a good token earner and CrazyTicket as well, I like the idea of crazy ticket + king tipper chooses the toy, I'll have to try that next time.

@Jessperation ive been trying to up my camming a lil bit, today I went from 10am to 4pm camming and I do it every single day around the same time as I'm trying to build a regular follower base, and I do have some I recognize by name as they are regularly in my shows, watching and tipping. And I think my "crew" really appreciates that recgonization and I've even had greys buy some tokens to tip me :) so it's been really good so far, I'm only at 885 followers but I'm regularly camming and I gained 100 followers today. I think once I can afford better equipment more people will come flooding in. I'm trying to fill the "nerdy curvy sub" niche and it seems to working so far.

when I first started broadcasting, about 4 years ago, my shift was 6pm-8am UK time. That got me to ER after 3 months :(
I've been broadcasting on mfc for 3 years for 6-8 hours, 4-5 days a week, weekends maybe a bit more. An hour or 2 might get frustrating at times , especially if you don't get many people talking/tipping. Maybe focus on being online for more hours a day and maybe less days a week?

when I first started broadcasting, about 4 years ago, my shift was 6pm-8am UK time.
I've been broadcasting on mfc for 3 years for 6-8 hours, 4-5 days a week, weekends maybe a bit more.

HOLY CRAP!

Reactions: LilFitVeve
When I started last March, as much as possible, and drove myself insane. I have a tendency to be a human-doing instead of a human-being.

Since my return in Jan, 2-5 hours, 2-5 days/week. 10hrs/week total average. I have 2 pt jobs now, so camming is a side thing until it's consistently lucrative enough/I have nice savings and investments and don't go on stressing about tokens instead of enjoying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.