AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Banned from CB day after upgrading to paid account

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 2, 2015
I have been enjoying Chaturbate for a year now and have upgraded my account a few times. On Thursday, I upgraded my account (Chgromscl34) again and CB happily took my money. I used the cams (and tokens) and had a grand old time - in fact, I went over to my friend's place on Friday and wanted to show him how fun the site is. I logged in on his computer and found I was banned. Literally 90 minutes after my last log-on.

Now I have logged on from my phone, iPad, and other devices in the past, so I can't imagine that the TOS indicate a one-device rule; that wouldn't make any sense. I have e-mailed CB's customer service - which was quick to answer me when I was paying for service or switching accounts - and have received NO RESPONSE. I found this forum and the advice to email Shirley@chaturbate.com and I did - twice - to no avail.

How can a company take your money one day then ban you from using the services you paid for the next without any explanation? Does anyone on this forum have any information on how to get this resolved with CB? I'm afraid that I will be forced to report them to the Better Business Bureau, log a complaint with and initiate a fraud case with my financial institution (which will require a police report).

I've been a satisfied member for a while and think it's ridiculous to have to go through all this just to get a response, but I will do so because as a consumer I have rights and as an American I will exercise them. I wonder how many people just throw their hands up in frustration and allow a company to take advantage of them this way? Sorry CB, but not me.

Anyone have any ideas?

JimsX said:
I would imagine it's an IP address issue. A friend on MFC let me log into his account and when I did it was promptly logged for that very reason.

I'm guessing my buddy had a previous issue. Fine. How does ignoring my emails help the business or the customer? It doesn't. Companies think that they can bully the consumer because we are individuals. Reputable tech companies take action quickly to resolve issues their customers have because word of mouth is the best way to gain customers AND the fastest way to lose them. If I had read about some of the problems other people on this forum have had with CB prior to my membership, I probably would never have joined.

Thanks, though, JimsX

chgomscl34 said:
I'm afraid that I will be forced to report them to the Better Business Bureau, log a complaint with and initiate a fraud case with my financial institution (which will require a police report).
Not sure why you'd go to that much trouble. Just charge back on your CC and wash your hands of the site.

Chaturbate is known to ban models and members VERY FREQUENTLY for (seemingly) no reason at all. And apparently they only respond to ... maybe 50% of emails, and only give the reason for banning maybe 10% of the time. Yes, I made up those percentages, but if you search the forum for "Chaturbate ban" you'll find hundreds of threads with people wondering the same things you are.

They seem like such a shitty website, and they rarely attempt to rectify their name being smeared through the mud. VERY occasionally, PunkerBarbie will respond to someone's post on here, but for every post she answers, there are 20-30 that she ignores (some even in the same thread and NEWER or MORE demanding of her response/attention). I hope you can get your money back, and hopefully find a site that actually wants a paying customer.

Reactions: Teagan and Gen
As far what else you can do that you havent already...there isnt. You tried support and you tried Shirley. There is no other way to get a hold of them besides twitter. Sadly it's very common of them to ignore people it seems.

Shaun__ said:
Sometimes I forget how high ranked on Google ACF is, and I wonder why everyone comes here with the same problems over and over.
Ironically google is way better for searching the forum than the search feature here.
Three letter words don't get searched here. Also words that have quotation marks or other punctuation next to the word give nothing unless you know EXACTLY how it was typed. Odd spellings make it difficult to find
I know we always tell new people here to use the search features instead of just starting new thread's. But the truth is there's many threads that are near impossible to search for here due to the limitations of the search engine built into the phpBB forum software.

Some of the more obscure threads are just hard to search for unless you're already familiar with the forum and what keywords, or spelling, were included in the topic or posts.

Attachments

• Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_17_15 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_17_15 PM.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_17_38 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_17_38 PM.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_20_20 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_20_20 PM.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_20_30 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 2_3_2015 , 6_20_30 PM.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 101
JerryBoBerry said:
Ironically google is way better for searching the forum than the search feature here.
Protip: you can explicitly tell google to search just one site by including "site:". Very useful if you're getting results about a site rather than on a site.

...and it turns out that "about 29,800" is actually 405 results. still impressive.

Attachments

• searchasite.png
    searchasite.png
    54.4 KB · Views: 82
chgomscl34 said:
I have been enjoying Chaturbate for a year now and have upgraded my account a few times. On Thursday, I upgraded my account (Chgromscl34) again and CB happily took my money. I used the cams (and tokens) and had a grand old time - in fact, I went over to my friend's place on Friday and wanted to show him how fun the site is. I logged in on his computer and found I was banned. Literally 90 minutes after my last log-on.

Now I have logged on from my phone, iPad, and other devices in the past, so I can't imagine that the TOS indicate a one-device rule; that wouldn't make any sense. I have e-mailed CB's customer service - which was quick to answer me when I was paying for service or switching accounts - and have received NO RESPONSE. I found this forum and the advice to email Shirley@chaturbate.com and I did - twice - to no avail.

How can a company take your money one day then ban you from using the services you paid for the next without any explanation? Does anyone on this forum have any information on how to get this resolved with CB? I'm afraid that I will be forced to report them to the Better Business Bureau, log a complaint with and initiate a fraud case with my financial institution (which will require a police report).

I've been a satisfied member for a while and think it's ridiculous to have to go through all this just to get a response, but I will do so because as a consumer I have rights and as an American I will exercise them. I wonder how many people just throw their hands up in frustration and allow a company to take advantage of them this way? Sorry CB, but not me.

Anyone have any ideas?

What is your username? Im behind in emails. CB had me at 3 different conferences back to back and then I got married. It feels good to be in the office and back to normal life. Please do not take it personal if I have not responded.

punker barbie said:
chgomscl34 said:

Anyone have any ideas?

What is your username? Im behind in emails. CB had me at 3 different conferences back to back and then I got married. It feels good to be in the office and back to normal life. Please do not take it personal if I have not responded.

Feel free to send me a PM if you dont want that info to be public.

Status
Not open for further replies.