AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Become independent after being in a studio

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Need hints about going independent model after being working in a studio. What steps should anyone follow? Something is needed to do with the studio account before leaving? Is it good to just create a new account as independent and start camming? Or this new account can be banned?

I'm NOT a model, but would make a few comments based on a good friend's experience, having gone through this change from studio model to independent a few years ago.
You may already know these aspects, in which case please ignore!

The studio owns the account (room) name, so you will need to create your own account, and submit ID docs to get age-verified.
The Jumio ID-verification process that Chaturbate uses to prove legal age can be challenging, and may take several attempts.
Have all the equipment ready to go, and don't activate your broadcasting account until you're ready to broadcast - that way you minimise offline hours during your 7-day 'new' status.
Try to be online as much as possible in those first 7 days with 'new' broadcaster status, to pick up as much traffic as you can and hopefully gain followers.

Good Luck!!!!

Upvote 0
As far as I know on CB new tag starts as soon as you are age verified, there is no other activation needed to start broadcasting.

I hope you meant do not get age verified until ready to broadcast

Upvote 0
Need hints about going independent model after being working in a studio. What steps should anyone follow? Something is needed to do with the studio account before leaving? Is it good to just create a new account as independent and start camming? Or this new account can be banned?
What does the contract say? Some studios let models go immediately and some require they wait a specified amount of time before you can broadcast independently.

Upvote 0
As far as I know on CB new tag starts as soon as you are age verified, there is no other activation needed to start broadcasting.

I hope you meant do not get age verified until ready to broadcast
Yep, maybe clumsy wording but meant activate it for broadcasting by getting age-verified once you're ready to go. Thanks for clarifying

Upvote 0
So many (if not all) studio models got banned instantly by CB after they went independent that I wouldn't risk opening your own accunt unless the studio owner helps you with that. Your documents are linked to your current studio and if you open a new account (your private one) it'll get banned and the reason for it will be "falsified documents" like it is in other cases.

Upvote 0
What does the contract say? Some studios let models go immediately and some require they wait a specified amount of time before you can broadcast independently.
Thanks, I'll check it.
So many (if not all) studio models got banned instantly by CB after they went independent that I wouldn't risk opening your own accunt unless the studio owner helps you with that. Your documents are linked to your current studio and if you open a new account (your private one) it'll get banned and the reason for it will be "falsified documents" like it is in other cases.
I'm worried about what you say. I've already heard about it once. I'll try to talk to the studio and see if they want to do it.

I also know about models going from a studio to another but seems to be a different and light procedure for them to do it. I think the problem is when someone become independent.

I think the best option now is to wait a bit before create a new account and check everything patiently.

Thanks to everyone who reply me and I still want to read about any new info :)

Upvote 0
The studio owner's account (it is colloquially called 'master account' in Latin America–just in case) owns the model's sub-account. The studio owner must use their registered e-mail to contact support, clearly identifying the studio name, studio username, and sub-account model username, and details of the request, for any document changes.

(A) It is possible to remove the model's ID from the sub-account, and starting anew with a new username as an independent broadcaster. The studio owner can contact support through their registered email, with the inquiry to remove the model's documents from any studio accounts it may have been linked with. The studio will keep ownership of the account usernames, and will remain free to reassign them to other model(s), while the model may use their documents to verify a new independent broadcaster account.

(B) It is also possible to preserve the model's account username while unlinking it from the studio, and making it independent. Similarly, the studio owner can contact support through their registered email, with the inquiry to unlink the sub-account from the studio, for it to become an independent broadcaster account. While they won't likely read your contract, it helps to make clear that it is per mutual agreement, with no impeding contractual obligations. Support may ask for verification through photo proof of documents from the studio owner and/or the model. This may vary from case to case – I don't know – so please just comply with whatever requirements are stated in the follow up e-mail to your support inquiry.

(I just went through B–by the way.)

To minimize the chance of triggering any alerts regarding document forgery and such (I don't know if these can happen; I only read about it on this forum), it seems wise to refrain from attempting to verify new usernames, until the studio owner and/or model have complied with any requirements from support towards either removing documents from the studio (A), or changing the account's ownership and status (B), and after verifying that these changes have become effective.

Upvote 0

Thats not a thing. Thousands of models go independent every month after leaving a studio and they don't have that issue.

(A) It is possible to remove the model's ID from the sub-account, and starting anew with a new username as an independent broadcaster. The studio owner can contact support through their registered email, with the inquiry to remove the model's documents from any studio accounts it may have been linked with. The studio will keep ownership of the account usernames, and will remain free to reassign them to other model(s), while the model may use their documents to verify a new independent broadcaster account.

(B) It is also possible to preserve the model's account username while unlinking it from the studio, and making it independent. Similarly, the studio owner can contact support through their registered email, with the inquiry to unlink the sub-account from the studio, for it to become an independent broadcaster account. While they won't likely read your contract, it helps to make clear that it is per mutual agreement, with no impeding contractual obligations. Support may ask for verification through photo proof of documents from the studio owner and/or the model. This may vary from case to case – I don't know – so please just comply with whatever requirements are stated in the follow up e-mail to your support inquiry.

(I just went through B–by the way.)

To minimize the chance of triggering any alerts regarding document forgery and such (I don't know if these can happen; I only read about it on this forum), it seems wise to refrain from attempting to verify new usernames, until the studio owner and/or model have complied with any requirements from support towards either removing documents from the studio (A), or changing the account's ownership and status (B), and after verifying that these changes have become effective.

For section A, models can also request removal of their ID from any account, but it is not a necessary step to creating a new account.

For section B. CB wont ask for documents from the model for releasing the account, just the studio owner.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.