AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Best cam site to use?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 13, 2013
Hey there I'm looking for the best cam site in your opinions. I have used cam4 in the past before the token system was put in place but when the token system was in place i stopped using it a bit. The other day i signed up for chaturbate. Later that night i flicked on my cam and started doing a show (After all my ID was confirmed) went well got about 300 people made 1000 tokens on my first night then the next night i got 500 people and got 500 tokens, Today i wanted to log on but i got a message saying i was banned I've been reading and it seems this happens a lot on chaturbate.

I was reading up and it looks like MFC and streamate are good sites to use any others to add to the list?

MFC and SM are probably the best in terms of the traffic you get there, plus the likelihood of making decent money.

Almost all models on this forum are on MFC, Streamate or Chaturbate or a combination of them. From what I've heard, Chaturbate randomly bans people all the time so I wouldn't worry about it, though it sucks of course. You're pretty much left with MFC and Streamate now.
I'm probably biased because I'm only working on MFC, but the general consensus is that MFC is more of a social, chatty site, while Streamate is a private based site where the majority of your income comes from paid chat, i.e. sexual shows. Things like playing games, having contests, raffles, friendly inter-model competitions (tipwars) or fanclubs are common on MFC and uncommon on SM.
Cons: On MFC there's the camscore system which means that the models who earn the most per hour are placed highest on the site and vice versa - some models struggle with the system and find it difficult being noticed with a lower score. Members and models can get relatively attached and friendly with each other, which can lead to drama every now and then. On SM they have very strict rules on nudity in public chat, as well as things like mentioning your Twitter name; models aren't allowed to do that. In addition, big tips "just because" are relatively unheard of (not saying that they never happen) on SM, compared to how it is on MFC.

If you're not sure which of the 2 sites to cam on, I suggest that you watch different models on both sites and decide which style suits you better. Of course you can always cam on both sites, or decide to switch later on.

Lily said almost everything I would, but I wanted to add a little bit.

If you email chaturbate about the ban, eventually they'll talk to you about it. Try to keep the email short, to the point, and friendly. Put in the topic "why was I banned?" or "random banning, please help". Email them every day until you get a response.

In the meantime, there's nothing stopping you from trying out both MFC and Streamate. Plenty of models have accounts on all three (I do one day on MFC and four days on Streamate), so there's nothing in the contract preventing you from checking them out. Remember, the first 8 hours online on MFC are the most important for building your fanbase, so make sure you have a game-plan. I don't mean plan games, if that's not what you want to do, I mean make sure your setup is good, your profile is set up, you know what you will and won't do, and where you will and won't do it.

My recommendation would be: start with streamate, then do the steps to get a model account here, and read as much as you can before starting MFC.

LadyLuna said:
My recommendation would be: start with streamate, then do the steps to get a model account here, and read as much as you can before starting MFC.

I think that's the best way for her to go. Definitely read up on MFC before starting on there. A lot of models - myself included - start camming on MFC without understanding the whole cam score thing, and end up making the mistake of staying logged on for "too long"...and not knowing what to do about annoying guests/basics and the overflow of private messages (PMs). Fortunately for you, you found this forum before starting on there. :)

Reactions: LadyLuna
LadyLuna said:
Lily said almost everything I would, but I wanted to add a little bit.

If you email chaturbate about the ban, eventually they'll talk to you about it. Try to keep the email short, to the point, and friendly. Put in the topic "why was I banned?" or "random banning, please help". Email them every day until you get a response.

In the meantime, there's nothing stopping you from trying out both MFC and Streamate. Plenty of models have accounts on all three (I do one day on MFC and four days on Streamate), so there's nothing in the contract preventing you from checking them out. Remember, the first 8 hours online on MFC are the most important for building your fanbase, so make sure you have a game-plan. I don't mean plan games, if that's not what you want to do, I mean make sure your setup is good, your profile is set up, you know what you will and won't do, and where you will and won't do it.

If you don't get a reply, avoid using the word"ban". I e-mailed them for days and as soon as I started saying "I can't broadcast" instead of "why was I banned" I got a reply within minutes.

Chaturbate bans for unauthorized people on camera (includes public shows sometimes), posting URLs (even though they blatantly say you can advertise your twitter or personal site), directing people to a personal website with or without a store, and if your ID expires, and is some grey members tells you to "fuck pussy or I report" and you fail to oblige.

Reactions: LadyLuna and Sevrin
Weird to get banned like that! I have been caming on Cam4 some years ago too, when it was just tips but now they have "pay per minute" aswell. It works out nice now... Some people do tip lots! but then the cheap ones ;) when they want something special you can do a "per per minute" for a private show.

Austwink687 said:
Hey there I'm looking for the best cam site in your opinions. I have used cam4 in the past before the token system was put in place but when the token system was in place i stopped using it a bit. The other day i signed up for chaturbate. Later that night i flicked on my cam and started doing a show (After all my ID was confirmed) went well got about 300 people made 1000 tokens on my first night then the next night i got 500 people and got 500 tokens, Today i wanted to log on but i got a message saying i was banned I've been reading and it seems this happens a lot on chaturbate.

I was reading up and it looks like MFC and streamate are good sites to use any others to add to the list?

Status
Not open for further replies.