AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Calling UK cam girls.. questions about being self employed.

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

edenivy

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
Aug 27, 2014
UK
Hi all.. i've been camming for about a month.

I understand that i would be considered as a 'sole trader'. What are the perks of becoming self employed?

Also.. do you get help with heating, lighting bills, money off toys and lingerie as its 'equipment'

can anyone link me to helpful websites other than the gov ones?

Thankyou.

Re: Calling UK cam girls.. questions about being self employ

You can include toys, costumes, make up, stationery, postage, broadband, 'phone, laptop, camera, lighting etc which are used for business in your expenses. You can claim for "use of home as office" will which allow a reduction on your tax liability.

Call HMRC and register as self employed; they'll set up your National Insurance payments by direct debit and away you go! Remember to put aside your tax as you go along. My husband and I put ours aside weekly.

The perks? Setting your own hours, being your own boss, being in control and making a living doing something you love. This far outweighs the lack of holiday pay and sick pay.

There's some helpful info in this thread:

https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/viewt ... 32&t=16145

If you arent planning to hire an accountant to help with your taxes then your best bet is to chat to someone in HMRC when you register as self-employed. They are really helpful at explaining what you can and cant claim.

You can claim a weekly amount for working from home (think around £4) to cover electricity, rent etc. In some circumstances you may be able to claim more (if you have a large dedicated camming space and work out the sq ft relative to the rest of your accommodation you may come up with a higher figure than £4 but it tends to be a generous guesstimate that they use so it would probably be rare for most people to need to claim more).

Anything which is wholly used for work (i.e. camming) - new toys, lingerie, computer system/programs, chairs, desk, lights, extra internet bandwidth etc can all be claimed.

Reactions: Tammie_

Can confirm all the above, and I'm sure the thread that I can't see contains more.

I used to do the accounts for a few models a couple years back, but had to stop due to various promotions at work eating my time up to do so (Qualified accountant, but new employment contract prohibits me from doing external work, and my services aren't available to the public).

HMRC is always evolving though, so always double check if you are unsure on something.

:clap: thanks for your help girls, unfortunately cannot access the thread yet though x

Status
Not open for further replies.