AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

camming career and retirement

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me...I just got started in July. I do want to do this as long as I can because it's so much fun! However, it will most likely be put on the back burner once I graduate and my photography business is up and running 100%.
But who knows?

I've been at it 15 months and the day it stops being fun/exciting for me is the day I'll hang it up. Well, that or when the guys say they're all done with me, I suppose.

I have a degree to fall back on, so I guess I'd get back into healthcare.

It's hard to guesstimate the average career of a camgirl me thinks. It's such a vast demographic with so many different stories, it would be really interesting to see MFC's stats on it! ie: of 100,000 models over the past five years 10% lasted one month, 10% lasted five years, etc...

For me it'll be three years in November and I genuinely feel like its gotten better for me every year because I get better at it every year :thumbleft: I don't quantify the "better every year" with tokens mind you because as time has gone on I've found very fulfilling RL work and cam a great deal less than I did in like, year one, but I also managed to launch a solo site which makes any time I do spend on cam double-whammy-extra-profitable. Better-every-year, for me, means I enjoy it more and more every year because I worry about it less-and-less every year.

My cam career is in a constant state of evolution so I don't think too much about the concept of "retirement" or "what comes after". At this stage I don't think there will be an after because I think (hope) I'll always genuinely have fun doing it and always have time to do it. I totally get why a lot of girls say, "when I graduate...when my business is sustainable...when my RL career is where I want it to be... I'll stop camming" (I totally felt that way once up on a time too) but when those wonderful things happen and you're doing what you love in RL and making good money at it camming actually gets MORE fun because it's a happy bonus (at least that's my story). I still cam because it's actually become a really nice me time. It's fun to get all prettied up and have many orgasms and feel adored by the masses, it feeds my ego and placates my naracissism and provides an awesome income boost :) I could survive without it, but then I'd actually have to wisely budget my RL income like a normal person.

Yesterday was one year for me. I'll probably cam until I am too old, ugly, fat, and saggy to make enough money to be happy. :shifty:

Some girls retire around 30. Some even earlier.

When it's about age, the models who retire around 30 or so think that the younger girls seem to get more attention, at least from what I have noticed.

But, I know a few 30+ models who still do well.

But, retiring from camming could be for any number of reasons... age, relationship changes, kids, etc.

Come my 21st birthday this winter, I'll have been camming full time for 2 years. Right now I'm passively camming, but as my whole income is coming from cam related work, I'm still counting that as working. I'm sure I'll probably take some time to rest and adjust once the spawn arrives, but I imagine after that I'll keep camming until I finish school. So far I haven't decided if I'll keep camming beyond that or not. I may, it just depends on where my life takes me and what's asked of me. Heck, I may even keep camming full time until I reach retirement age. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.