AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Camming while your boyfriend is in the room?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 4, 2015
Does anyone else do this?

I live with my boyfriend in a 5 bedroom apartment. I have 5 roommates including him. Most of the time when I'm on cam, he's in the room too on his computer playing video games. He's never in view of the cam, but I do feel kind of awkward performing while he is like 3 feet away. I'd feel bad for telling him to leave our bedroom for awhile. I usually try to ignore him, but I feel awkward.

I think my shows would be so much better without him in the room.

I think you'd be 100% better off camming without the boyfriend in the room. Especially if you're in a private with someone. I can imagine being in a private with a model, getting down to wanky business when suddenly the mood and the atmosphere is completely shattered by some guy coughing from just off-screen is not the most fun thing, especially given that privates aren't cheap. And like you say, if the boyfriend being there is making you feel awkward, that's not good either. It likely shows on cam that you're feeling inhibited and the more members pick up on that, the less likely it is they'll stick around :twocents-02cents:

mynameisbob84 said:
I think you'd be 100% better off camming without the boyfriend in the room. Especially if you're in a private with someone. I can imagine being in a private with a model, getting down to wanky business when suddenly the mood and the atmosphere is completely shattered by some guy coughing from just off-screen is not the most fun thing, especially given that privates aren't cheap. And like you say, if the boyfriend being there is making you feel awkward, that's not good either. It likely shows on cam that you're feeling inhibited and the more members pick up on that, the less likely it is they'll stick around :twocents-02cents:

I think you're absolutely right. I wish he were gone more often. Sigh. The perks of being an introvert who is dating an introvert..

As far as private shows, I don't really do them. I usually just set goals in public, because I use chaturbate.

I still want him out of the room. Maybe next time I'm on, like tonight!!, I'll ask him to go play DS out in the living room or something.

There's a rule on MFC saying men are not allowed to be in the same room as the performer while broadcasting, I'm sure they don't enforce it (how could they?) but I think it's a good guideline to avoid distractions for you and your audience.

However, before I went to MFC I always cammed with my then-boyfriend in the room, he actually found it kind of exciting (although he would be in his 'corner' with his headphones on all the time). It never was an issue. but it totally depends on your style of camming and the site though. I wouldn't like it now.

It's not a problem on Chaturbate, as long as he stays off cam, but you'd need to be extremely careful if ever you decide to try MFC.

Forbidden Things

The following things, actual, implied or offered, are absolutely forbidden on this website at any time and for any reason, in both private and public chat.
Most of them constitute Zero-Tolerance violations which means you will be banned the first time it happens.
And even if your account is re-instated, you will LOSE THE TOKENS that you earned by breaking the rules so there is absolutely no point to breaking these rules.

- Men on camera for any reason. Men should not even be in the same room.
From the MFC Wiki. The #1 Forbidden Thing.

The bigger problem is that having him there is a buzz kill for you.

Reactions: JickyJuly
Tell him to take his computer or a book to a coffee shop for a couple of hours. Doing any job while someone is next to you the whole time is just not feasible.

JickyJuly said:
Doing any job while someone is next to you the whole time is just not feasible.

This is absolutely right. It's a good professional practice to keep your work time and your off-work time as separate as possible, even (I would say especially) if you're working from home. This is your job, after all, so having your off-work life spill into your work space -- in the form of a boyfriend, no less -- is the type of distraction you need to be able to mitigate as much as possible. I don't think that banishing him to the living room for a few hours while you work is too much to ask.

You guys are absolutely right. He was ok with going out to the living room while I was on Cam. It went so much more smoothly, and I didn't feel like someone was breathing down my neck. I also didn't have to listen to his suggestions (Like he knows anyting about camming?!)

For the member it does make a difference... most times we notice, especially if there is some direction. I am not saying we care about the observer, the influence can ruin an experience though. For myself I have had the experience of camming with another guy in model disguise, the model letting her bf/ husband/ SO dictate play ensured I never returned to her. It was a pity got the impression she was so very feminine and alot of fun without the external influence. This model didn't last too long sadly.

Reactions: JimsX
When i had studio apartment i had a boyfriend he would be sleeping behind me while I was on cam, It's one of those things the more you do it then you just forget they are in the room.

If your feeling uncomfortable about it then you need to find the root reason for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.