AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

CB traffic cap?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 17, 2020
Hi guys, still relatively new and trying to figure out the patterns of CB traffic.

On good days I can easily have 1000 up to 7000 viewers whenever it booms out of nowhere, but some days in a row it seems that cannot get out of that 250 viewers (or 400 other days) mark and its very hard to move from there.

It feels like CB caps you out for that day, is this possible?

Lately it has been quite a crappy wave of days, and obviously low room count does minimise your potential of earnings.

Any thoughts or experiences you might want to share? I know within 5y i will still try to crack and understand the algorithm of CB traffic without a hope 😂

Well i can confirm %100 some type of shadow ban on one gray account I have it can still enter rooms, cannot type, BUT is no longer listed in the list of users in the room. Some model run an app/bot greeting users. I still see welcome "mygrayusername" the room user count is correct. But my username ain't listed

so there is a system in place to hide a category of site users of some type.
The way I read this you are contradicting yourself, you say you are not listed in the user list, but the user count is correct. That does not sound like a shadowban to me, but maybe the user list refresh is not working properly.

As to not being able to type, the model probably have greys silenced

Reactions: Mila_
Upvote 0
Im in the models room , the count in the userlist is correct, but my name isn't in the user list. What's hard to understand about that?
my gray account appears to be counted as ANON.

No its a shadow ban, can enter any room still, but can't type in them. Not sure why Cb does this and doesnt just ban the account. Previously the account would still appear in the room users. They changed something a few weeks back that resulted in this.

Upvote 0
Im in the models room , the count in the userlist is correct, but my name isn't in the user list. What's hard to understand about that?

No its a shadow ban, can enter any room still, but can't type in them. Not sure why Cb does this and doesnt just ban the account. Previously the account would still appear in the room users. They changed something a few weeks back that resulted in this.

If you can't see yourself in the room and you can't see yourself talk it can't really be considered a shadow ban because you know it's happening. What you are describing is more like a gagged or muted status. I'm not familiar with a system like that but I don't have any greys. I did make a joke on twitter once that they should make greys slowly go invisible over time if they never end up buying tokens :giggle: You should buy tokens on that account and see what happens 🤔

Upvote 0
Its a ban as when I click my own profile it says "Access denied. This room has been banned.
I can open a 2nd a browser and login with a non banned gray account at the same time , one is seen in the room the 2nd isnt Its no drama but they definitely changed something to do with gray accounts. As the account was banned years ago until a few months ago it could still be seen in the rooms. Only recently it stopped appearing in the room users list

Upvote 0
so, you're banned on an account.
It sounds to me logical that you should make this account unbanned before trying anything else.
Solve this ban first, before trying to come back with new accounts on CB, it's better.

When a model bans a viewer, you see appearing many other 'linked' accounts banned as well. We can figure easily that they could change a bit their way to detect scammers to prevent them from coming back so simply than creating new accounts.

Awaiting, maybe avoid buying tokens of the unbanned grey account. You would surely be not allowed to use them. This can explain also some issues viewers have, being unable to tip with a message 'contact support'

Upvote 0
I don't need to make the account unbanned the account isn't relevant its not needed, the point is CB have in place a system where certain grouped user accounts no longer appear in the user list when they enter a room. Imagine CB shadowbanned what they thought were trafficbot fake users and these user no longer appeared in the room userlist. The effect might be empty looking rooms..

It may even be linked to the "report this message" feature?

• Sorry to hear that.
Reactions: DoD404
Upvote 0
A very simple guide to core positional principles on CB, a lot of people may know this stuff but i thought it might help someone, the higher you are on the list the harder it gets to make comparisons because your positional value is rarely the same as those around you, if you are filtering by region+gender you can usually still find people with your same positional score on page 2 sometimes near the bottom of page 1.

The 2 biggest things to remember is equal positional score = sorted by time & positional changes aren't fast they can take a few minutes. (oh and viewer count on list is really slow to update)

1603897325707.png

As you can see here darkspice69 and everyone before her has the same positional score because its sorted by time. I checked several of the names and they didn't have colored names in there, if you enter one of these rooms and they have colored names in there then in almost every case they will change position within a few minutes or for whatever reason they are not being counted (anti abuse system, this far back the most likely scenario is the colored names are in the same building as the model....im trying not to give any details out here). kathy_collins_ room was not empty it had a colored name in there but viewer count is slow to update.

I'm logged in to my account, I have it set to show only models registered in NA/Female (because if I didn't i'd have to deal with 98 pages of models), and I have prioritize HD cameras unchecked.

Lets enter violet_jones88 rooms:
1603898776437.png
My name is not top secret or anything, but i at least want someone to look at my bio when i enter before calling me out xD.

So now we wait, it took 2-3 minutes but then the shift happened:
1603898975392.png

Now shes on a different page and if you can tell that she has the same positional score as sweet_eva2 (good god i just looked her up on cbhours...391 hours worked!? ill send her some tokens later)

So sweet_eva2 and everyone before her have the exact same positional score, we know this because its sorted by time. So how many colored names do you think we will find if we look at the names ahead of violet_jones88? If you guessed 1 you're right!

1603899365110.png
1603899420590.png
1603899541936.png

This is the core system behind CBs positioning, are there additional systems on top of the core system to fight abuse? absolutely, but the most part the people near you will have similar colored names, when you see the biggest difference is when they have recently come back from a private because then that recovery system kicks in and helps them recover their previous position. Is there an anti staleness system that may slowly temporarily pull you away from the first few pages if its slow? Probably but if there is then everyone else in the same boat shifts with you, at least thats my theory 🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
I don't need to make the account unbanned the account isn't relevant its not needed, the point is CB have in place a system where certain grouped user accounts no longer appear in the user list when they enter a room. Imagine CB shadowbanned what they thought were trafficbot fake users and these user no longer appeared in the room userlist. The effect might be empty looking rooms..

It may even be linked to the "report this message" feature?
The fact that the account is outright banned is the key, of course you don't appear in the room or is able to chat, basically you enter as anonymous. There is nothing shady about it, except maybe why it was banned, but as you have not disclosed that reason who knows.

Upvote 0
Its only recently that CB changed the banned gray account to NO longer appear in the room user list. Thats the whole point , why suddenly they are filtering banned names from the user list,.. Its only recently a lack room traffic for many model appears became an issue. I don't know if whatever was changed relates to models also losing traffic.. who knows anyway.. just putting the observation out there.
The fact that the account is outright banned is the key, of course you don't appear in the room or is able to chat, basically you enter as anonymous. There is nothing shady about it, except maybe why it was banned, but as you have not disclosed that reason who knows.

Upvote 0
A very simple guide to core positional principles on CB, a lot of people may know this stuff but i thought it might help someone, the higher you are on the list the harder it gets to make comparisons because your positional value is rarely the same as those around you, if you are filtering by region+gender you can usually still find people with your same positional score on page 2 sometimes near the bottom of page 1.

The 2 biggest things to remember is equal positional score = sorted by time & positional changes aren't fast they can take a few minutes. (oh and viewer count on list is really slow to update)

View attachment 85995

As you can see here darkspice69 and everyone before her has the same positional score because its sorted by time. I checked several of the names and they didn't have colored names in there, if you enter one of these rooms and they have colored names in there then in almost every case they will change position within a few minutes or for whatever reason they are not being counted (anti abuse system, this far back the most likely scenario is the colored names are in the same building as the model....im trying not to give any details out here). kathy_collins_ room was not empty it had a colored name in there but viewer count is slow to update.

I'm logged in to my account, I have it set to show only models registered in NA/Female (because if I didn't i'd have to deal with 98 pages of models), and I have prioritize HD cameras unchecked.

Lets enter violet_jones88 rooms:
View attachment 85997
My name is not top secret or anything, but i at least want someone to look at my bio when i enter before calling me out xD.

So now we wait, it took 2-3 minutes but then the shift happened:
View attachment 85998

Now shes on a different page and if you can tell that she has the same positional score as sweet_eva2 (good god i just looked her up on cbhours...391 hours worked!? ill send her some tokens later)

So sweet_eva2 and everyone before her have the exact same positional score, we know this because its sorted by time. So how many colored names do you think we will find if we look at the names ahead of violet_jones88? If you guessed 1 you're right!

View attachment 85999
View attachment 86000
View attachment 86001

This is the core system behind CBs positioning, are there additional systems on top of the core system to fight abuse? absolutely, but the most part the people near you will have similar colored names, when you see the biggest difference is when they have recently come back from a private because then that recovery system kicks in and helps them recover their previous position. Is there an anti staleness system that may slowly temporarily pull you away from the first few pages if its slow? Probably but if there is then everyone else in the same boat shifts with you, at least thats my theory 🤷‍♂️
Did you get an idea about whether the different shades count, i.e. purple weigh more than dark blue and so on?

Upvote 0
Its only recently that CB changed the banned gray account to NO longer appear in the room user list. Thats the whole point , why suddenly they are filtering banned names from the user list,.. Its only recently a lack room traffic for many model appears became an issue. I don't know if whatever was changed relates to models also losing traffic.. who knows anyway.. just putting the observation out there.
I have no experience like that, but I would assume a banned account was filtered from the user list, grey or otherwise. If I was a model I would not want to see an account that I banned and kicked from the room appearing in the user list.

Upvote 0
Did you get an idea about whether the different shades count, i.e. purple weigh more than dark blue and so on?
Well there was a brief time period when that was the case https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/threads/cb-traffic-cap.37540/#post-1072492 but right now if there is its so minor that the positional score doesn't differ from 1 light blue to 1 dark purple, at least not what i've seen. So I think if it does matter you wouldn't start to see the difference until you got quite a few colored names in there.

Upvote 0
I have no experience like that, but I would assume a banned account was filtered from the user list, grey or otherwise. If I was a model I would not want to see an account that I banned and kicked from the room appearing in the user list.
Im not talking about being banned by a model , the ban appears to be via chaturbate themselves

Upvote 0
I don't need to make the account unbanned the account isn't relevant its not needed,
mention this account in your discussions with support.
if your problem comes from this account, even if you don't need it, you have to solve it as it is not a 'shadow ban' (the paranoïd thing) but you, as a person is maybe considered as banned (a possible good explanation).

(more clear this way ?)

Reactions: Mila_ and bamdicted
Upvote 0
mention this account in your discussions with support.
if your problem comes from this account, even if you don't need it, you have to solve it as it is not a 'shadow ban' (the paranoïd thing) but you, as a person is maybe considered as banned (a possible good explanation).

(more clear this way ?)
Its no issue, i have plenty of accounts it doesn't stop me from using Chaturbate

Upvote 0
Wow how bizzare is this,, suddenly my account is magically fixed no longer banned and back to appearing in rooms. Im picking CB is paying close attention to this thread!
But i didn't give the account name to anyone !! :eek: :eek::eek:

Reactions: BlackCoffee
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

How long are you in the room/s when looking at the user list? Some lists, the bigger they are, the longer they take to update and include your name in the list, even if you hit "refresh list" 10 times. So, make sure you're there a few mins then check, and after a few minutes hit the refresh list "button/link".

Upvote 0
Wow how bizzare is this,, suddenly my account is magically fixed no longer banned and back to appearing in rooms. Im picking CB is paying close attention to this thread!
But i didn't give the account name to anyone !! :eek: :eek::eek:

Or maybe, just maybe, if something did happen where your name was not showing (and more than likely other's too), it was a bug on the site causing the problem.
I am sure they don't give a flying monkey about you, as one person and the damage you won't cause with your theories and opinions. I don't think you will scare them too much, so I doubt that they "unbanned" you for shivering in their boots after reading anything you have written. I mean, how important do you think you are to the site?

Upvote 0
Well true hopefully someone from CB DID read my comment here and thought that doesn't seem right and took a look into it and fixed some sort of site bug. It sure as hell wasn't working the past few months.

As for the length length of time in room it didnt matter, 5 mins, 3 hours , 6 hours. 5 people 10 people in the room, I can view my profile now too whereas before it said it was banned.

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
@cbhours The annbarby account appears to be using the online time spent to their advantage, with 3? model using it independently throughout the day. It seems to be well ranked? how many hours is it logging?

Upvote 0
I am not in your position cause my experience was with the promo tools etc. But even I remember feeling like there was a blacklist at some point in 2019 where support threw a bunch of us because the algorithm change seemed to only affect some models and not everyone. But I talked to support and they said there was absolutely no blacklist or whitelist and that it was impossible for them to even create one... and I have no reason to doubt them, but then that meant the irregularities in traffic had to be a secondary effect of another measure even if they didn’t intend to cause some models to struggle. At the end of the day it doesn’t matter much if it’s intentional or not. When your income is suffering and you are thriving on another site you have to conclude something is happening and it’s making it hard for you to do your job. Maybe make a new account? Maybe change servers on your OBS? Maybe cut your losses and stop broadcasting on CB? I do think it feels unfair and like you were stripped out of all the things you worked so hard for and sometimes CB support isn’t very responsive. I would personally try a different venue :(
What does changing the servers on OBS do?

Upvote 0
What does changing the servers on OBS do?
Sometimes if you see a big drop in traffic or you are dealing with connection issues it’s worth a try. Sometimes it’s a problem with a specific CB server.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.