AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chat Room Glitches

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyLemon

I haven't posted recently, hopefully will be back soon!
Inactive Cam Model
May 8, 2010
In the models forum section we've been discussing some new and exciting tech problems we've been having in common (so refreshing to have new problems really, battling the same ol' problems gets so blah after a while lol)

Ok, so this is what we're experiencing:

* Normal room numbers but a mysterious absence of conversation in public. This is followed by a sudden *explosion* of chatter as if the conversation has been going on the entire time only we models haven't been privy to it

Are you premiums experiencing anything that mirrors this? Ie: the model seems to be unusually ignoring/unaware of the chat, messages that you plug into the public chat are not appearing?

I'm not sure even how to *word* an email to MFC tech regarding this issue, "Hi! For some reason premiums have recently stopped talking to me. Any assistance would be appreciated." haha, good luck.

Funny, I always just figured the model was distracted when things like that happened. While that's still likely the case in some scenarios, it's interesting to know there may be another reason for it.

An issue that's irked me is that sometimes the chat log doesn't scroll like it's supposed to and jumps around, forcing you to manually scroll down every time someone types something. It's the same effect that happens when a model updates her topic, only with every "bb" and "open tits" it's back to square one. Needless to say, scrolling manually through a chat that's jumping around like a bullfrog on meth makes it very difficult to take part in the room convo.

As for the imminent MFCfail following chat issues, that doesn't necessarily seem to be the case here and most of the time, nobody else is having any issues.

JRSlim79 said:
Funny, I always just figured the model was distracted when things like that happened. While that's still likely the case in some scenarios, it's interesting to know there may be another reason for it.

An issue that's irked me is that sometimes the chat log doesn't scroll like it's supposed to and jumps around, forcing you to manually scroll down every time someone types something. It's the same effect that happens when a model updates her topic, only with every "bb" and "open tits" it's back to square one. Needless to say, scrolling manually through a chat that's jumping around like a bullfrog on meth makes it very difficult to take part in the room convo.

There's a trick for this:
When the chat gets glitchy double-click on the last premium to have said something. For some reason this resets the scroll (for both models and chat users).

A trick I've found for my model chat interface is to adjust the "Show Users" settings at the top right hand of the chat window, as opposed to "show all users" (premiums basics and guests) I choose "show premiums only" It keeps that section of my screen from twitching and strobing and jumping around too much. Without enabling that feature the user list has a spaz attack every time someone enters or leaves the room, which is ten times a second and enough to trigger seizure disorders.

LovelyLemon said:
There's a trick for this:
When the chat gets glitchy double-click on the last premium to have said something. For some reason this resets the scroll (for both models and chat users).

A trick I've found for my model chat interface is to adjust the "Show Users" settings at the top right hand of the chat window, as opposed to "show all users" (premiums basics and guests) I choose "show premiums only" It keeps that section of my screen from twitching and strobing and jumping around too much. Without enabling that feature the user list has a spaz attack every time someone enters or leaves the room, which is ten times a second and enough to trigger seizure disorders.

Sweet, I'll give that a try. Thanks!

As far as I can recall, the times I've received a response from something I said and it seemed delayed corresponded with the model doing something else that had her focus away from chat... so I cannot say I've noticed any glitches in that aspect. On the perv side of chat, I've had much the same experience as Boce and Mikey.

I say we blame gravity.

I had another weird new event yesterday!

The flashing/strobing started and then suddenly ALL the premium chatter in the public chat defaulted from individually selected colours/fonts to "basic" blue and "basic" font. I closed the window, reopened it, and all was back to normal. I was the only one who saw it lol.

I swear to god I'm not on hallucinogenics, and my rooms swears they weren't punking me.

LovelyLemon said:

The flashing/strobing started and then suddenly ALL the premium chatter in the public chat defaulted from individually selected colours/fonts to "basic" blue and "basic" font. I closed the window, reopened it, and all was back to normal. I was the only one who saw it lol.

I swear to god I'm not on hallucinogenics, and my rooms swears they weren't punking me.

It will do this to members, too. And sometimes, only a select few other members go blue, and sometimes everyone. It's so annoying.

I've constantly been having this problem! I can see everyone in the chat for that particular model, but I just can't see what everybody is saying which is just absolutely aggravating as well as very annoying! I haven't found any type of fixes for this major issue either even though I've updated both flash media player and Java.

LovelyLemon said:

When I go to other peoples' rooms on my model account, my shows to me as pink and arial but I have it set to green and something else. No one sees it but me and I don't smoke crack. The gnomes in the internet must be fucking with our minds.

Huzzah! There can be a dozen models in my room at any given time and I can't see them! I can see premiums, I can see basics, I can see guests, I can see premiums watching from lounge/private message but models are mysteriously invisible! (and my room is open and welcoming to other models) So if you ever sashayed your cute green self into my room and I ignored you that's why! I can't freakin see ya!

LovelyLemon said:
I can see premiums watching from lounge/private message but models are mysteriously invisible!

I knew about PM window viewing, but I did not know that you could see who was watching from the lounge. :think:

Sevrin said:
LovelyLemon said:
I can see premiums watching from lounge/private message but models are mysteriously invisible!

I knew about PM window viewing, but I did not know that you could see who was watching from the lounge. :think:
Yep, but its not super real time. I use the lounge to periodically peek in an see if a model has finished her show or not, but that list does not update as quickly as the room list, or so I've been told.

Jebbaz said:
Sevrin said:
LovelyLemon said:

Yep, but its not super real time. I use the lounge to periodically peek in an see if a model has finished her show or not, but that list does not update as quickly as the room list, or so I've been told.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think models can tell who is watching from the lounge, unless it's via PM window.

Bocefish said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think models can tell who is watching from the lounge, unless it's via PM window.
We can see their number in our total room count, but can't see who is watching from lounge by name. They don't appear in our name list.

Reactions: Bocefish
When my husband logs into MFC with his premium account and likewise with a guest account, the chat window in rooms, any and every room, doesn't load and PMs don't work. The video and room list is fine. This happens whether I'm online as a model or not. It used to be fine, this problem started about a week ago.

We've tried different browsers, different PCs, different ISPs in different locations, different firewall settings and all the combinations of the above. We've tried all the suggestions on MFC's Wiki page.

It's totally ruining MFC for me as he is unable to join in when I'm working, as we had always planned. When he's at home, if he can't see and join in the chat then I don't want to work.

Please, if anyone can help, I would be so grateful. I love MFC but I need my husband to be able to enjoy it, too.

This thread now makes me think it's an MFC fault...but only my husband and I seem to be suffering with it at the moment....no-one else we speak to on MFC has it right now.

@RebeccaT

Few questions:
Has MFC ever worked on the PCs/laptops?
If yes, when did it stop working?
What version(s) of windows are on the PCs and laptops?
What firewall are you using?
You said you tried different locations and ISPs, did you mean you took a laptop(s) to somewhere that had free WiFi and tried it? Or maybe to a friend/neighbor to try it?
Do you have a smartphone?
If yes, does MFC work on it while connected to your WiFi? connected to cell service?

Neudiin said:
@RebeccaT

Few questions:
Has MFC ever worked on the PCs/laptops?
If yes, when did it stop working?
What version(s) of windows are on the PCs and laptops?
What firewall are you using?
You said you tried different locations and ISPs, did you mean you took a laptop(s) to somewhere that had free WiFi and tried it? Or maybe to a friend/neighbor to try it?
Do you have a smartphone?
If yes, does MFC work on it while connected to your WiFi? connected to cell service?

Thank you for all that. MFC wasn't working under any circumstances but tonight...after emailing MFC several times, they've fixed it! It was them. not me. Phew...I'm not going to quit now :eek:)

Status
Not open for further replies.