AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Chaturbate Analytics

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2020
cbexplorer.com
Twitter Username
@cb_explorer
Hi everyone 👋 ,
Based on the work I did with CB Explorer I've started to work on more in-depth analytics for Chaturbate cam performers, with the goal to ultimately make this a useful paid product (got to live somehow). Earlier this week I've reached the first milestone by putting up a landing page of what I currently imagine this product will be once ready along with a waitlist signup. The screenshots on that page are all real and currently being tested by an early beta group and feedback has been positive so far.

It would be helpful for me to get feedback from you all on what you would like to see and what your top features would be. Currently my approach has some limitations as there will be only access to data that's open to everyone, but that might change in the future. I'm also fully aware others have tried before (although I couldn't find a lot of details) and there might be other stumbling blocks along the road.

https://chaturbateanalytics.com/

Thanks in advance for your thoughts! 🙏 🙏

cb-analytics-benefits.png

I'd suggest a tag system for the sessions, like lets say a model decides she wants to see if on average her red wig performs better than her blue wig, each day she can add a tag to the states [blue wig] or [red wig] and then setup a way to search for the tags and compare the figures. [red wig] [blue skirt] [stockings] you know that kind of tags

I'd suggest a tag system for the sessions, like lets say a model decides she wants to see if on average her red wig performs better than her blue wig, each day she can add a tag to the states [blue wig] or [red wig] and then setup a way to search for the tags and compare the figures. [red wig] [blue skirt] [stockings] you know that kind of tags

This is a great idea. It would put the model in control of the variables, especially if they can define the tags themselves. They could track any situation at all.

Another suggestion: Analytics about traffic and tipping based on changes to the broadcast (for example going private, coming back from private, re-opening a password-Protected broadcast to the public, etc).

Might be helpful to track how much room traffic is gained or lost, and how quickly, when a model goes private, returns from private or after initial sign-on. Also interesting to know the percentage of those users that had tokens to spend.

Just things that help quantify the gains vs risks and the traffic patterns. It could help inform all kinds of decisions, ranging from what to charge for private shows to what time of day is safest to take a break, etc.

Ahhm, how exactly are you scraping the data that webcam CEO’s refuse to share for the last decade or so? Do you have access to their Google Analytics? I’m a vanilla PPC, that’s why I’m asking, and I’ve been gasping for someone to offer some actual data based and not just traffic based marketing tools for our community and vertical.

Ahhm, how exactly are you scraping the data that webcam CEO’s refuse to share for the last decade or so? Do you have access to their Google Analytics? I’m a vanilla PPC, that’s why I’m asking, and I’ve been gasping for someone to offer some actual data based and not just traffic based marketing tools for our community and vertical.

Hey - good question. All information is from publicly available sources - either through the Chaturbate Affiliate API or the open rooms anyone can join for a model's broadcast. Obviously this approach has restrictions as you don't get all the data (i.e. no private room data, no data that's only available for models etc.), but there's still plenty of information there to be quite useful imo especially if you at it over time to identify optimization opportunities.

Hey - good question. All information is from publicly available sources - either through the Chaturbate Affiliate API or the open rooms anyone can join for a model's broadcast. Obviously this approach has restrictions as you don't get all the data (i.e. no private room data, no data that's only available for models etc.), but there's still plenty of information there to be quite useful imo especially if you at it over time to identify optimization opportunities.
I was referring to big data, the kind that helps with the hardest challenge: Customer acquisition.

Not sure I follow then - what specific datapoints are you interested in? Can you give an example?
The number of visits of a voyeur in a public chat before becoming a member. The ratio between sign ups to becoming paying members, the lifetime length of a tipper, and the lifetime value, demographics like gender and age, locations, affinities, the list goes on and on. A data product with market intelligence to it :)

The number of visits of a voyeur in a public chat before becoming a member. The ratio between sign ups to becoming paying members, the lifetime length of a tipper, and the lifetime value, demographics like gender and age, locations, affinities, the list goes on and on. A data product with market intelligence to it :)
I don't have any of this data - maybe the name "Chaturbate Analytics" doesn't match your expectations, especially e.g. when compared to Google Analytics.

I don't have any of this data - maybe the name "Chaturbate Analytics" doesn't match your expectations, especially e.g. when compared to Google Analytics.
So where are the Analytics? You’re damn right, I expect more in 2020, I expect more than just latching on to a freemium site. I expect models and affiliates to have a data based digital marketing tool, that will help them make data driven decisions, and conversions. I’m not saying your idea is wrong, nor the product, but as long as it’s not big data, it’s not truly analytic.

I am honestly unsure why CB doesn't offer something like this for models.
Models being able to see exactly what days, times, costumes, toys, etc work for them means users buy/spend more tokens. So it's a win-win all around, right?

Reactions: Sinner
I am honestly unsure why CB doesn't offer something like this for models.
Models being able to see exactly what days, times, costumes, toys, etc work for them means users buy/spend more tokens. So it's a win-win all around, right?
Not exactly. Camsites are okay with anal as a category, but they go berserkly anal about sharing data publicly:)

• Funny!
Reactions: NotYou
@Dan Epstein , I wouldn't come down too hard on them. Is it truly "analytics"? No, not really. But what you're asking for is a different product than what they're advertising (name aside) even though what they're offering and what you described have similar (though not totally identical) userbases. If I recall correctly from cbexplorer's first thread looking for feedback, this is meant to be a convenience tool for models to use to track what happens in their individual room. All of the information they're offering is information I already have access to on the site. But I haven't put in the effort to make a script that will put it all together for me, shove it into a spreadsheet, and auto-generate some charts and graphs. I could do it. But I don't really want to take the time to do it. I could also pay someone else to make the script but then that gets into hiring a freelance coder and negotiations and communicating expectations and email chains and it's just not something I want to put the energy into setting up. So all in all, it's a freemium convenience gadget, if it operates as they've described (I haven't used it, I can't say), which has some value in itself. But I can understand the disappointment, and I will be almost as excited as you if someone ever did come out with an actual analytics tool like you described, as unlikely as that would be.

Doesn't look like I can edit the post - (maybe I'm blind though) - but this project moved to a new domain, which hopefully addresses some of the "analytics" related concerns and also recently reading through affiliate terms appendix it's probably wise not to pick a domain with "Chaturbate" in the name (haven't been able to update the text yet though). The more you know :think:

Recently I've been working on adding more features in the beta, newest additions are tracking purchases and some basic Chaturbate tag traffic analysis. More to come, def also looking into enabling performers to tag cam session as suggested by cbours eventually!

analytics_purchases1.pnganalytics_purchases2.pnganalytics_tag_optimization.png

• Helpful!
Reactions: schruti
Doesn't look like I can edit the post - (maybe I'm blind though) - but this project moved to a new domain, which hopefully addresses some of the "analytics" related concerns and also recently reading through affiliate terms appendix it's probably wise not to pick a domain with "Chaturbate" in the name (haven't been able to update the text yet though). The more you know :think:

Recently I've been working on adding more features in the beta, newest additions are tracking purchases and some basic Chaturbate tag traffic analysis. More to come, def also looking into enabling performers to tag cam session as suggested by cbours eventually!

View attachment 85230View attachment 85231View attachment 85232

This is pretty fascinating to me. Question about the bar graph: Is the “tokens” (yellow bar) vs “Purchases” (green) intended to show the number of total tokens held by members in a models room at the stated time, vs. the number of tokens actually spent? Or am I misinterpreting that?

If that’s what it represents, I could see it being very useful to a model in seeing their success rate at getting token-holders to tip, in relation to time of day or what they were doing that might have inspired the tipping (dancing, etc). And the latter is very important because it will vary from model to model. Models will have different strengths and talents. It might help illustrate to a model when something they’re doing is working, even if it’s subtle and not an obvious play for tips.

Very interesting!

This is pretty fascinating to me. Question about the bar graph: Is the “tokens” (yellow bar) vs “Purchases” (green) intended to show the number of total tokens held by members in a models room at the stated time, vs. the number of tokens actually spent? Or am I misinterpreting that?

Ah that's not it actually - it's the number of tokens spent / purchases made in some time window (~5 minutes). From what I know number of tokens held by an individual is not knowable.

Ah that's not it actually - it's the number of tokens spent / purchases made in some time window (~5 minutes). From what I know number of tokens held by an individual is not knowable.

Ah, I see... so tokens spent vs purchases differentiates money earned from tipping vs members buying specific products like videos, photo sets, WhatsApp, etc?

Reactions: cbexplorer
Spent the last few weeks making a "real" backend for this with a solid login / security and finally getting back to feature work again - first up based on a suggestion was adding tip amount frequencies to allow analyzing how well a performer's tip menu is working / what items of the tip menu are popular. Next up is probably fixing some performance problems :yikes:

As a reminder the new URL is https://cbcaminsights.com and the waitlist is open ;)

tip_frequencies.png

Nearing the finish line for a slow initial release for a few users.

As a reminder the new URL is https://cbcaminsights.com and the waitlist is open 😉

Trends, trends trends - in the most recent addition to the beta we double-down on trends.

4 Months!
Site logo
The time period for trends has been extended to a whopping 4 months for all CB Cam Insights users, but the best news is that this will also include the Free tier!

That's right, just by creating a free account you get four months of data for your Chaturbate account. With a 1/3 of a year trend line some long-term trends become much more visible compared to just looking at 1 or 2 months. In the future, expect more time range increases especially for full subscribers.

Follower Ranks and Follower Growth Ranks
Site logo
After what feels like ages, finally two more trend charts see the light of day!
Similar to the daily rankings of cam shows by viewers, these new ranks rank performers by their total number of followers as well as how quickly they've been able to add followers over a time period - the last 7 days for the Follower Growth rank. This enables you to better evaluate how you are doing compared to other Chaturbate performers as you grow your account.

Status
Not open for further replies.