AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

chaturbate tokens?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 25, 2017
Hi all,

I did my first cam today. Just a non nude, have a chat kind of thing for about 45 mins. One of the guys who came in tipped me 70 tokens and was asking me to into private with him. I kindly declined and laughed it off saying i really didn't have much time and that i couldn't but would happily next time. I had a good conversation going on with one of the guys who seemed to like me and was very chatty. But this other guy kept butting in, i guess this is quite common, he tipped another 70 tokens and tried to get me to private chat with the offer of 15,000 tokens. Which felt kind of scammy. And as much as i kept saying not today and being really polite, he just kept insisting. Anyways, the show ends, and i went to check the tokens (bare in mind this was my first ever show and so these are the first tokens i have ever received) and they weren't there. my balance is still zero tokens.

Can anyone shed any light on this for a massive newbie, what am i missing here?

Thanks!!

Hi all,

I did my first cam today. Just a non nude, have a chat kind of thing for about 45 mins. One of the guys who came in tipped me 70 tokens and was asking me to into private with him. I kindly declined and laughed it off saying i really didn't have much time and that i couldn't but would happily next time. I had a good conversation going on with one of the guys who seemed to like me and was very chatty. But this other guy kept butting in, i guess this is quite common, he tipped another 70 tokens and tried to get me to private chat with the offer of 15,000 tokens. Which felt kind of scammy. And as much as i kept saying not today and being really polite, he just kept insisting. Anyways, the show ends, and i went to check the tokens (bare in mind this was my first ever show and so these are the first tokens i have ever received) and they weren't there. my balance is still zero tokens.

Thanks!!

What did this tip look like? Did you hear a tip noise when he tipped?

It sounds like it might have been a fake tip. As in he posts an image or text that is meant to look like a tip, but isn't.

new camgirls are often targeted by these douchebags who prey on your ignorance of the site and how stuff works to try to get you to do stuff.

If they send you any tokens you should hear a sound. Most of these pricks are usually grey users and grey users cannot tip so be weary of name colors as well. Also when someone tips you their entire name will be highlighted yellow as well I believe.

If they send you any tokens you should hear a sound. Most of these pricks are usually grey users and grey users cannot tip so be weary of name colors as well. Also when someone tips you their entire name will be highlighted yellow as well I believe.
Not entirely correct as I'm a basic and when I purchase tokens via BTC i'm still grey and yes I can tip.

Silence or kick people who are insisting for you to do things with them or on cam that you said you aren't going to do- they're probably creeps and/or scammers. They also probably posted an image of something like "scam: scam tipped five tokens" when if someone tips it'll look like "scam tipped five tokens" and you'll hear a noise with it as well.

Crappy dudes love to fake tip. There's a bot that I always used called something along the lines of "block grey graphics", which prevents scam images like this from being posted - and all images put into chat by grey users. It'll just show the text code for the emote, which gives you the added bonus of being able to laugh at them for being a piece of shit. The bot can be used to block all graphics, which is how I would set it up. This annoyed the dudes who come in and post a stream of lovey-dovey gifs, but I don't like those gifs so I wasn't too bothered, and the people who use those emotes rarely tip me anyway, so good riddance.

tried to get me to private chat with the offer of 15,000 tokens. Which felt kind of scammy.

It absolutely is scammy, good call. Typically, members who are going to spend big in private, just do it, rather than bragging about how many tokens they have.

I have seen the same scam on MFC, so it's not just one site.

And on Streamate, people try just typing into the chat box "tipped $5.00". Mmm, no you didn't, it didn't ding.

Reactions: ExcellaExe
Yeah thats what I firgured, thanks everyone! it's crazy how he was such an asshole and yet some of the guys were so lovely and were just happy to chat. No matter how many guides you read you're never truely prepared!

Hi all,

Thanks!!

Sent you a DM.

I am reading this same story at least twice a week now on ACF. It feels like this scam has become wide-spread, and maybe someone should author a pinned post on ACF that contains screenshots and clues about how to detect the scam. For that matter, maybe CB needs to design a dedicated page to address this issue as well.

One way to address this is to silence all grey users in chat. On CB you do that by going to the gear settings and change the "Chat Allowed By" setting to "Users who have tokens". See the four minute mark in this CB help video. They can't scam you if you don't see what they are saying.

As said by others, another dead giveaway would be if you see a notification of a tip, but the user's color is grey. On CB, a grey user is one who has no tokens.

Holy crap! So thankful for this thread- two guys just tried to get me to do a private show, one sent a fake tip and i didnt hear a thing and the second said 'it tips after the show'.. im like that doesnt sound right... after saying hed already tipped me... then got super aggressive and i logged out and came to check here to see if i was going crazy and missing out on tips or if it was them.... one guy goes 'ill tell them and it wont look good on you- i was like go ahead i dont give a fuck, something doesnt smell right'

Status
Not open for further replies.