AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Could this really have worked or do i have to blame myself for distrust or being to anxious?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have tried so hard to like blue cheese and I just...can't, I'm starting to wonder if it's similar to the cilantro/soap issue with people who love it and people who can't eat it. Cilantro tastes like soap to me.

Do you like cilantro?
I'm one of the weird in between people where cilantro (we call it corriander) does taste soapy but I still like it lol

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
I'm one of the weird in between people where cilantro (we call it corriander) does taste soapy but I still like it lol
Americans call cilantro seed coriander and the leaves/stems cilantro. I can't taste it if it's in salsa as a whole leaf, but if it's ground with the other ingredients it hits me like Ralphie in A Christmas Story.

I have tried so hard to like blue cheese and I just...can't, I'm starting to wonder if it's similar to the cilantro/soap issue with people who love it and people who can't eat it. Cilantro tastes like soap to me.

Do you like cilantro?

I love blue cheese but I think cilantro tastes like soap. I have forced myself to eat it a lot hoping I could overcome this condition and I've reached the point where I can tolerate it, but I never enjoy it.

• Helpful!
Reactions: Vixxen81
Must admit my usual use of coriander is the seed or ground seed, but when you chop a bunch of fresh coriander!! The aroma!! Amazing. "Fresh". Like newly mown grass but 100 times is all I can think of that might be similar. (but not really like grass, just that "fresh" smell you get)

• Funny!
Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
Do you like cilantro?

Cilantro is weird for me. I don’t like it, but it doesn’t taste like soap. I know this is really gross, but it almost tastes like vomit or stomach bile to me. Once did taco Tuesday at this bar, got potato tacos (which are normally delicious) and they smothered it with cilantro. It was so terrible I thought there was something really wrong with it. Had a friend get the same thing and they thought it was delicious.

It's actually extremely tart. You have to add a ton of sugar when you include it in a pie to balance it out. My grandma grew stalks of it in her garden and if you ate it raw it would pucker your whole face up unless you dipped it in honey or sugar.
Sure, we used to snip the stalks with scissors and dip the ends in sugar. Munch munch :)

Use a food processor to blend rhubarb and sugar into a sauce and put on ice cream. There must be recipes on the web for this.

We have a bunch of rhubarb growing back of the house, transplanted from grandma's garden. It's very easy to grow. But rhubarb is high in oxalic acid and contributes to kidney stones, so don't eat it too often :)

Cilantro tastes like soap to me.

Do you like cilantro?
Ugh! No! Same as you. I even did one of those 23 and me DNA kits and one of the first things it said was "likely pre-dispositioned to be hypersensitive to cilantro". Went on to say may taste like soap, etc.
It's a specific genetic marker #Science #TheMoreYouKnow

Reactions: Vixxen81
Ugh! No! Same as you. I even did one of those 23 and me DNA kits and one of the first things it said was "likely pre-dispositioned to be hypersensitive to cilantro". Went on to say may taste like soap, etc.
It's a specific genetic marker #Science #TheMoreYouKnow

Some of the science...

Screenshot_20230525_014307_23andMe.jpg

Reactions: MarieElise
Not sure where that recipe came from, but in Australia Mince pies (a Christmas time treat) in no way contain meat. It is made of various dried and fresh fruits. This is a more common recipe for the filling:

• 6 ounces (175 grams) raisins
  • 4 ounces (110 grams) dried currants
  • 4 ounces (110 grams) candied mixed peel, finely chopped
  • 6 ounces (175 grams) suet, shredded (beef or vegetarian)
  • 1/2 pound (225 grams) dark brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
  • 2 teaspoons mixed spice
  • 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
  • 1 orange, grated zest and juice
  • 1 apple (Bramley or cooking apple), cored and finely chopped
  • 4 tablespoons brandy
Yeah, the recipe quoted earlier is wrong. There is no meat in it at all. There is another meat pie, also called a mince pie and I think whoever wrote that recipe combined the two thinking it was one dish

Reactions: Ozzie_
I love all manner of quiche. Don't think I've ever met one I did not like.

Unlike the claim made by the old book...
"Real Men Don't Eat Quiche"

I think I've been in design too long. I totally knew the age of that book solely by the font used on the cover.

• Funny!
Reactions: ElGato
And to address the OP.

I think the problem with these kind of situations is that the guys always think in binary terms. They assume that the model is either conning them or in love with them. They then convince themselves that it's not a con so it must be love. There's no concept of there being anything in between those two extremes.

Addressing you directly OP, the example you gave of meeting each others families is certainly an unusual twist but it doesn't mean anything particularly. Lots of members here are on friendly terms with models, including off-site communication. I've been visiting a model for a year now and we chat constantly offline as well. It doesn't mean we are in love.

You've put yourself in an incredibly vulnerable position by revealing to her that you have been scammed before. If she's in any way a scammer then she'll know you're an easy mark.

And ultimately, she doesn't need to con you. You've conned yourself into sending 400 unasked for dollars every month.

And that's the other assumption that guys make. That it can't be a con if you volunteered it and the amounts are relatively small. She just needs three guys like you volunteering that kind of money to make a good salary in Colombia. Just stick to paying for private shows on her page. It might still cost you money but it's fair money for a fair service. Nobody is getting tricked or patronised (yes, you trying to "save" her is patronising).

All of that said, I've yet to meet a Latina model that is actively trying to con anyone. The economic situation can be difficult in some countries but I've always found that if anything, that results in more honesty and integrity, not less. The guys always try to be a saviour and con themselves. Just because someone is in a financial position where they can't afford to turn down your (unasked for) free money doesn't make them a scammer.

Just pay to play. Fair pay for fair work. Yes, you can be friends, within the strict limitations of a friendship of this nature, but don't fall in love. You'll end up heartbroken, driven crazy, or both.

You've only known her a few months. The turnover rating of Latina models is very high. In the past few months I've seen lots of models that I always saw online suddenly disappear. She could be gone in the blink of an eye. Just enjoy it for what it is while it lasts. Don't spoil it with happily ever afters.

The leaves are! But the stalk is completely safe to eat raw.
My father was a keen gardener and he always grew forced rhubarb. It was a wild concept for me as a kid, especially after learning in science class that plants need light to grow.
But it really worked!
(In case this has raised a few eyebrows, 'forced' rhubarb is when it's grown in the dark and the plant puts energy into growing the stalks - seeking to reach light - rather than the green leafy part. It results in much sweeter stalks and you don't have to add much sugar when cooking it up to make a pie/crumble/sauce).

Do you like cilantro?
Used to hate blue cheese. I just started liking blue cheese a few years ago. I guess the taste grew on me? I sometimes mix ranch if i want more dressing.

I love cilantro tho. I believe it has something to do with genitics why some people taste soap?

Used to hate blue cheese. I just started liking blue cheese a few years ago. I guess the taste grew on me? I sometimes mix ranch if i want more dressing.

I love cilantro tho. I believe it has something to do with genitics why some people taste soap?
I like coriander/cilantro in Indian cooking. Put it in a salad and I'm less inclined towards it.

imo it’s good in Spanish, Italian and Spanish Italian fusion cooking. But I don’t have the genetic markers for getting a soapy taste at all. I like putting it in stuffing, and it’s also great chopped finely in homemade burgers. But that’s only if you’re gonna go the whole way and put some extra work into making the burger. Which means other stuff needs to go in too, and you need to deal w raw minced beef from a lumpy package (or impossible burger meat which is slightly less gross, and weird to touch).

That looks delicious! 👀 I feel like sending a Tip.
I smiled so hard when I read this. Thank you. 😍 It was my best batch to date. Rice was perfect. Lots of leftovers, too. Makes a great 3 AM snack standing over the sink.

Reactions: Ich Bin
I love cilantro, but if I try really hard, I can imagine how it reads soapy to some people.

Bleu cheese dressing is one of those food items that I feel can be really traumatizing if you get a bad bite. I really like it, but it sure is awful when it's not great. And the texture is another contributing factor. It used to bother me, and I'm still getting ranch for my wings. But I don't mind it if it's served.

I like thinking about the way we perceive tastes/smells, and how strongly we can associate those with memory. Food can be such an experience.

I love cilantro, but if I try really hard, I can imagine how it reads soapy to some people.

Bleu cheese dressing is one of those food items that I feel can be really traumatizing if you get a bad bite. I really like it, but it sure is awful when it's not great. And the texture is another contributing factor. It used to bother me, and I'm still getting ranch for my wings. But I don't mind it if it's served.

I like thinking about the way we perceive tastes/smells, and how strongly we can associate those with memory. Food can be such an experience.
Texture/mouthfeel is huge for me. Oysters? Nope. Never. Anything I perceive as slimy is not going in my mouth (and yes I swallow, you pervs who are lurking 😀).

• Funny!
Reactions: KingMarti
For some reason, after rereading this thread I have a sudden craving for a Philly cheese steak And a Cincinnati chili dog.

View attachment 96497

There’s a local deli in my town that has a delicious cheesesteak, and they even carry the hard-to-find beverage Canada Dry Black Cherry. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.