AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Dealing with trolls/blocking options

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kali Castle

Cam Model
Apr 28, 2016
The Moon
Twitter Username
@kalihatespants
MFC Username
KaliCastle
Chaturbate Username
kalicastle
I recently started camming a few months ago. I had my first two trolls tonight. They both came right in a row. They came out of nowhere just yelling mean things at me & tearing me down. I know it's part of the job, but I still wasn't prepared for it. I don't know why anyone wants to come in someone's room & be rude, tear them down, etc.. for no reason. I banned both of them, but is there a way to permanently block people or is it just a 24 hr only thing. I really don't want them in my room again. I just prefer my room to be a happy place & refuse to tolerate the negativity. I'll look through the site again, maybe I missed something. Basically any advice on banning options, how you deal with the jerks, your experiences or anything else you have to say.. I'd love to hear! I know my skin will get thicker, but it still stung tonight. It's never a nice feeling to be attacked verbally for no reason. It's nice to have this site for support & knowing there are other people who know what we go through sometimes being cam girls.

• Hugs
Reactions: Influenced
There are still asshole brigades who attack en masse, new models are favorite targets. Sad your skin will thicken with the slings and arrows you'll receive, hopefully this coordinated was one of the more transient type. It was never about you, they're vandals looking for something to tear down.

In happier news they'll drown in their mother's basements someday.

It helps me to just think of why they're doing this. I'm a chubby girl, a curvy girl, not a BBW. So I get guys once in a while coming in asking what I eat sometimes and calling me fat. It very rarely bothers me but we are human so of course we have nights where our skin is a little thinner. What helps me is to remember that this guy made an account on a cam site, depending on which site he actually paid money so he could talk to the models just to be mean. In that moment you are doing your thing, being you, working at your job. In that moment he is finding girls online to say cruel things to. That is how he is choosing to spend his time. It's hard to be hurt when you remember just how pathetic these guys really are. The last time someone called me fat was a few days ago, it really doesn't happen often at all, but I just said something like "do you really think that's going to hurt me? you can comment on my appearance and I'll curl into a little bawl and cry? sorry but I love my body so you'll have to take your comments elsewhere, I hope they make you feel better about yourself! good luck!" I said it with a smile on my face, a chipper voice and waved and kissed the camera as I banned him. My room cheered, tipped and I felt amazing. Had I just banned him I wouldn't have felt as good. Everyone is different so in time you'll figure out your best way to deal with trolls. As long as you don't feed or debate them :)

On MFC you can click Ban, Ignore, and block them from posting on your profile wall by going to Profile Settings/Block Users...then type his user name into the box and click 'Block Posts'. You could also set it so that only members on your friends list can post on your wall, or you can just completely disable your wall.

Sometimes when you ban a member, he'll head over to your profile wall to talk shit. Don't even give him that option. :)

It helps me to just think of why they're doing this. I'm a chubby girl, a curvy girl, not a BBW. So I get guys once in a while coming in asking what I eat sometimes and calling me fat. It very rarely bothers me but we are human so of course we have nights where our skin is a little thinner. What helps me is to remember that this guy made an account on a cam site, depending on which site he actually paid money so he could talk to the models just to be mean. In that moment you are doing your thing, being you, working at your job. In that moment he is finding girls online to say cruel things to. That is how he is choosing to spend his time. It's hard to be hurt when you remember just how pathetic these guys really are. The last time someone called me fat was a few days ago, it really doesn't happen often at all, but I just said something like "do you really think that's going to hurt me? you can comment on my appearance and I'll curl into a little bawl and cry? sorry but I love my body so you'll have to take your comments elsewhere, I hope they make you feel better about yourself! good luck!" I said it with a smile on my face, a chipper voice and waved and kissed the camera as I banned him. My room cheered, tipped and I felt amazing. Had I just banned him I wouldn't have felt as good. Everyone is different so in time you'll figure out your best way to deal with trolls. As long as you don't feed or debate them :)
Yeah that is basically how I replied. I was proud I just immediately said "thats your opinion, but it doesn't make it true. I love myself flaws & all. Every girl is unique & beautiful in their own way & you have no right to tear anyone down" then I banned his ass. Something like that anyway! Was all kind of a whilrwind. The other guy was just yelling at me cause I said no to something he wanted to tip me for. He called me a dumb fck & said all I care about is entertaining freeloaders. I just told him I enjoy making friends at my job & not everyone can tip every single night. I told him I'm always honest about what I will & won't do, that in no way makes me dumb. Also told him he was in my room for about 3 mins so how would he know if I'm a dumb fck or not or how my room even works. Then banned his ass too. I don't want the negativity in my room. & it definitely felt good to have my regulars have my back too. THEY are the ones who make the job rewarding. Thanks for sharing :)

On MFC you can click Ban, Ignore, and block them from posting on your profile wall by going to Profile Settings/Block Users...then type his user name into the box and click 'Block Posts'. You could also set it so that only members on your friends list can post on your wall, or you can just completely disable your wall.

Sometimes when you ban a member, he'll head over to your profile wall to talk shit. Don't even give him that option. :)
Thank you! I was searching the site last night trying to figure it out, but couldn't! I appreciate the help!!:)

Reactions: yummybrownfox
I banned both of them, but is there a way to permanently block people
Go here http://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/ext/bans and click their names, then click the option on the far right (I think) to permanently ban them.

In the future, when someone is harassing you while you're online, click them and open a PM window for that user. From there you can click the Ban & Ignore button. In the dropdown, select Ignore, then also select Ban. Then extend to permanent ban.

Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 9.07.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2016-05-04 at 9.07.59 AM.png

Ignored users cannot MFC mail you, PM you, send tip notes, or chat in your room. Ignore is the most powerful feature to use against trolls or otherwise annoying people. (I personally don't even extend bans to lifetime, sometimes don't even ban at all, just ignore.)

Go here http://profiles.myfreecams.com/_/ext/bans and click their names, then click the option on the far right (I think) to permanently ban them.

In the future, when someone is harassing you while you're online, click them and open a PM window for that user. From there you can click the Ban & Ignore button. In the dropdown, select Ignore, then also select Ban. Then extend to permanent ban.

View attachment 62830 View attachment 62829

Ignored users cannot MFC mail you, PM you, send tip notes, or chat in your room. Ignore is the most powerful feature to use against trolls or otherwise annoying people. (I personally don't even extend bans to lifetime, sometimes don't even ban at all, just ignore.)
Thank you!:)

• Hugs
Reactions: AmberCutie
Trolls usually get bored when they do not get attention, which is all they are seeking....but you do have your real sicko's too...For the most part mute basics and guests because if you ban a premium and they get salty they will just come back on a VPN to troll you under numerous basic and guest accounts, as far as that and what others have mentioned you seem to have it pretty well covered...Sadly, you can never fully get rid of trolls I have seen trolling going on sometimes here and there in models rooms that have been here a long time, they just ban ignore and move on and do not miss a tick, no attention at all if you see a negative comment/troll, ban/ignore. If they are respectful they will return with a new attitude if not lifetime their asses. Again the last part of that last sentence is just my own personal opinion, I have little tolerance for trolls trying to ruin the vibe of models I support, it ruins the vibe of the room when they are let in and are given reign to take over. ;)

Reactions: Kali Castle
Status
Not open for further replies.