AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Diversity?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ambers Troll

Deactivated Account
May 15, 2014
Far away
In what ways do you, as a model, increase your chances of getting different members, with different tastes and spending habits?

Is it just a matter of being open to diversity, consciously noting the advantage should someone different arrive, or can it be directed in some way, by being diverse and more interesting yourself?

I imagine you would want this to reduce the risk of bad days, and to keep your room interesting/ exciting. I was chatting to a model about her members, for her most unusually no one tends to tip for a flash, to have such a member would be to her advantage. .... this is why the question.

Tag search has helped for myself. Another thing would be sites like c4s.

Also social media especially with hashtags. Personally I hate the look of hashtags, but they do help people find my tweets and tumbles easily.

Kickaz said:
Why can't more hours be a mega month? Also most girls that do them gain a lot of new tipping regulars during them. These new tippers will take over and help them the following month. If the model takes a whole month off after a mega month her new fans/even older fans will find someone else to hang out with. Yes mfc is draining when you put that many hours, both mentally and physically. But in my opinion the more consecutive mega months you do (put lots of hours on cam), the easier it should get overtime because by then you have developed a good solid fan base.

The other thing is that mfc is very cyclical and most of the big tippers don't tip big forever or they leave the site. Girls that are continuously on have higher chances of attracting big tippers than girls that take lots of time off. It's not just big tippers so much as having different tippers (big and small) because you don't want to just depend on one guy. You would be screwed if he left.

Also I never expect my fans to tip me more than they can afford. I want to make people happy not make them go bankrupt. That's not the point of a mega month for me.

This came to mind, on a comment on mega months ....."It's not just big tippers so much as having different tippers". Not just big and small, but that will tip for different motivation?

Ambers Troll said:
Kickaz said:
Why can't more hours be a mega month? Also most girls that do them gain a lot of new tipping regulars during them. These new tippers will take over and help them the following month. If the model takes a whole month off after a mega month her new fans/even older fans will find someone else to hang out with. Yes mfc is draining when you put that many hours, both mentally and physically. But in my opinion the more consecutive mega months you do (put lots of hours on cam), the easier it should get overtime because by then you have developed a good solid fan base.

The other thing is that mfc is very cyclical and most of the big tippers don't tip big forever or they leave the site. Girls that are continuously on have higher chances of attracting big tippers than girls that take lots of time off. It's not just big tippers so much as having different tippers (big and small) because you don't want to just depend on one guy. You would be screwed if he left.

Also I never expect my fans to tip me more than they can afford. I want to make people happy not make them go bankrupt. That's not the point of a mega month for me.

This came to mind, on a comment on mega months ....."It's not just big tippers so much as having different tippers". Not just big and small, but that will tip for different motivation?
I think she's talking about having a LOT of tippers, ones who tip all sorts of amounts at all sorts of intervals, in your repertoire. She's telling girls not to focus on scoring whales only, that having a big pool of tippers is just as important as having some whale tippers.

The way I see it, the way to do this is being on many hours, and at many different times of day. Easier said than done for most, though, at least until the initial fan base and camscore gets established.

For a new model, there is incentive to try different things, as in throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks, since she's still in search of her niche and her following. For established models, it's more a matter of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

There is a danger in trying to be all things to all members. Generally, the most loyal tippers gravitate toward rooms where their expectations will be met. A model's room becomes like a home away from home. That doesn't mean that there will be no variety at all, but rather that there will be a consistency of mood and flow of events in a model's room. Sometimes it's better to leave a few tokens on the table rather than risk alienating members who have been supportive and enjoyed how a model has been presenting herself in the past. If an established model wants to try something different, it's often in response to suggestions of members who know and have supported her, rather than some newcomer asking her to jump through hoops for him.

Sevrin said:
For a new model, there is incentive to try different things, as in throwing stuff against the wall to see what sticks, since she's still in search of her niche and her following. For established models, it's more a matter of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

There is a danger in trying to be all things to all members. Generally, the most loyal tippers gravitate toward rooms where their expectations will be met. A model's room becomes like a home away from home. That doesn't mean that there will be no variety at all, but rather that there will be a consistency of mood and flow of events in a model's room. Sometimes it's better to leave a few tokens on the table rather than risk alienating members who have been supportive and enjoyed how a model has been presenting herself in the past. If an established model wants to try something different, it's often in response to suggestions of members who know and have supported her, rather than some newcomer asking her to jump through hoops for him.
Exactly!

I was just explaining to my room last night that once in a blue moon I'll try and take someone up on an offer via PM or MFC mail to fulfill a certain request or niche. The one I was using as an example last night was that of a finsub/humiliation sub. The guy promised a good amount of tokens if I made him feel degraded in my public chat, and if I demanded tokens for things only to then deny him them in chat. Some of my regs were floored/uncomfortable/confused when I took him up on it and gave it a shot.

It wasn't worth the 600 tokens or so that the guy forked over, as I alienated my very sweet and loyal regulars simply by going outside of the usual comfort zone and may have turned away some vanilla newcomers who saw that as their first impression.

Ambers Troll said:
Kickaz said:

Can't speak for top models, but I would venture to say a similar pattern happens. Most months, about half of what I make is from big tips and privates, and the other half are the little tips. They end up being pretty significant once they're all added up.

Thanks Ann_Sulu definitely a good way to help people find you.
Ann_Sulu said:
Tag search has helped for myself. Another thing would be sites like c4s.
Also social media especially with hashtags. Personally I hate the look of hashtags, but they do help people find my tweets and tumbles easily.

Thanks for responses, I do agree finding your niche is important as a model. And that a model can not be "all things to all members" as sevrin said.
I do think niche offers security, and definitely the best path to success.
I will give you an example of niche. There is a model with naturally dilated eyes, obviously fairly unique, from age 19 to 27 this year, she has always ranked high on any site. Most members have no idea why they are so affected, and it is actually quite a subtle thing. Her niche offers some security from bad days, but never careless behaviour. For example if she were to demand tips rather than accept pvt/ group show time, she would fail... her members want one on one time with her (they settle with sharing).
So in one sense niche is a trap as you must choose to do that thing members want, but it is also success and a little more security
Let's say for my model above that she wanted to do less pvt/ group time, switch to public shows/ countdowns, or perhaps show off her newly enhanced breasts or newly aquired dance skills. May be unlikely, but she may even do better using any of these.

My question on diversity was not to the exclusion of finding/ using your niche, more on how to expand it so that more members can enjoy you. Also not all member will want to support your favoured niche in the same way, there must be hundreds of ways to enjoy large perfect breasts for example.
When I asked about different tastes and spending habits, I was thinking of it in this sense, within your niche, otherwise they are unlikely to have noticed the model anyway. Sorry for not being clearer.

Another thing I was thinking was when your niche fails or someone else disrupts it, what is your backup plan?

Is the answer diversity, and if so how do you do this and still maintain your favoured style/ niche/ being yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.