AmberCutie's Forum
An adult community for cam models and members to discuss all the things!

Do women feel the need to be needed?

• ** WARNING - ACF CONTAINS ADULT CONTENT **
    Only persons aged 18 or over may read or post to the forums, without regard to whether an adult actually owns the registration or parental/guardian permission. AmberCutie's Forum (ACF) is for use by adults only and contains adult content. By continuing to use this site you are confirming that you are at least 18 years of age.

Do women want to be needed and men want to be loved?

• Yes.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • No.

Votes: 18 78.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 29, 2011
The other day I read an article on one difference between men and women. Now, I know that not everyone lines up completely with psychological studies, but I still found it interesting.

The study said that in general women want to be needed while men want to be loved. So I thought I would ask a group of women (and men) here.

What do you believe?

I was just looking at threads of models getting help from "managers" and giving men special attention for free. I guess I already knew to watch out for that, and told guys no thanks from the get go. But in my head I was thinking "I wonder how many girls come to camming who are vulnerable and needy and want to be loved, and maybe that's why some of them give these guys the time of day, and what a shame it is that they could be taken advantage of, especially in the environment of camming..."
And as I was having that thought I saw this thread. Lol.
That said, I don't even know exactly what "needed" and "loved" mean, and I don't have an answer to your question.

I dont really give many shits either way. Just need my cats to love and need me.....No man can love me as much as mycats when they need food....Wait ....Uhhh awkward

you people are miserable, deep down women need to be loved and wanted , they want that special attention from that one special guy , thats women for you no matter how much you think otherwise

the woman is the ground that is fertile and the man is the plant and the seed that grows out of it a tree, the woman is the root of a tree, each time she spreads her legs it is like somebody spread open the ground to put a seed in and make a tree/plant grow

so a woman needs a man to spread her like the ground when it receives its seed

you people are miserable, deep down women need to be loved and wanted , they want that special attention from that one special guy , thats women for you no matter how much you think otherwise

the woman is the ground that is fertile and the man is the plant and the seed that grows out of it a tree, the woman is the root of a tree, each time she spreads her legs it is like somebody spread open the ground to put a seed in and make a tree/plant grow

so a woman needs a man to spread her like the ground when it receives its seed

Oh, no, he got into other threads!

jesus-hand-farts-ftttt-391x250.jpg

BTW, I am gaaayyyy, so "that special attention from that one special guy" is not remotely in my realm of interests.

Oh, no, he got into other threads!
i just want to say one thing to you my darling, its really interesting that your username is the name of a food

so continue with your Jesus memes all you like , maybe post some of those memes about not eating for 40 days and 40 nights

i just want to say one thing to you my darling, its really interesting that your username is the name of a food

so continue with your Jesus memes all you like , maybe post some of those memes about not eating for 40 days and 40 nights

Bro, do you even Firefly?

Saffron_Trash.jpg

I dont really give many shits either way. Just need my cats to love and need me.....No man can love me as much as mycats when they need food....Wait ....Uhhh awkward

SAME.

I thought that it was the other way around, that men need to be needed and women need to feel loved..

Something like a man who isn't needed dies a slow death. Or something like how when a girl is little she always run to her dad who is her rock and mountain to love and protect her.

I don't fucking know man. Sounds unnecessary to think about. I'm just here to live life.

The stereotype I've always heard is that men need to feel respected, while women need to feel loved.

Granted I read that in this weird religious book that my high school sweetheart's parents gave me after we moved in together.

I don't put much faith in stereotypes though. Everyone's different.

I just want attention.

And need money. I want my money to feel needed by me.

Tbh the momentnsomeone "needs me" I peace out. That's too much for me. People need to be independent. I don't want stage five clingers

In general, I wouldn't be surprised that a study shows this result.
For instance, it does in a very simple way explain the inequity in household chores between many couples; as this lets women feel needed and men feel loved.

• Funny!
Reactions: Vera
I feel like I'd need to know the operational definition of each to really get to the root of it. Like what does it mean to be loved? That sounds philosophical but really I'm asking because I would've guessed the opposite. I couldn't find a psych article when I Googled, just apparently that it's a quote from Sons of Anarchy, lol.

Anyway, when I think of needing to be needed, I think of a couple coworkers of mine who seemed to intentionally keep their husbands out of childrearing so they could be the ones to swoop in when the kid was sick and take care of them. (I remember one, her kid got sick on a Saturday so the mom called in saying she couldn't work even though her 9-5 husband was home because "he wouldn't even know where the Baby Advil is".)
But then I also think of dudes who always want to offer a solution - they tend to be more about problem-solving and often want to be useful by helping you do something you otherwise couldn't do. Like asking a dude to open a jar or fix a computer. I'm obviously relying on stereotypes and anecdotes for both examples but I know my ex-boyfriend loved when I'd ask for help because it made him feel needed and ~manly~.

Then on the loved side, idk, I think everyone wants to be loved? Certainly I'd have guessed women were more likely to say they need to be loved than men would. Personally I want to be both loved and needed, lol.

The other day I read an article on one difference between men and women. Now, I know that not everyone lines up completely with psychological studies, but I still found it interesting.

The study said that in general women want to be needed while men want to be loved. So I thought I would ask a group of women (and men) here.

What do you believe?

Do you have a link to the article?

Reactions: THE MOLLIE MARIE
This thread gave me cancer.

That said, I don't know how I lived without my nine children, husband, and sister wives. It just feels so good to be needed. I mean husband sharing is weird but it validates him, and all I want is for him to be happy. As a bonus, I have a never ending supply of chores, diapers to change, and asses to kiss! I just don't know what I would do if I were left to my own devices.

Last edited:
Reactions: SaffronBurke
I totally got lost in the semantics of this thread, can you wish to feel needed sometimes? Can't you wish to be needed as well? Regardless of your gender, can these two co-exist?
The issue with such studies sometimes is the inquiry that drives them. It seems like the one who makes that study has an assertion, and right now the quest is to stipulate it as a fact. Academics don't always admit it, but their pride can get in the way of the truth too. And how the hell did the new troll get into this thread too?

This thread gave me cancer.

It reminded me of a recent radio PSA that finally went out of rotation. "Mrs Hernandez, a 66 year old Latina, grew up thinking cancer equals death. But her doctor knows family is important in Latino culture" - gets fuzzier after, basically a way to guilt her into a mammogram. Then the "there, that didn't hurt, did it" and the kicker for medical professionals go to their site to learn more cultural and gender stereotypes.

Damn, kicking myself for not clipping it now.

Last edited:
  • Funny!
Reactions: Vera and AudriTwo

What do you believe?
I'd say I'm opposite :wondering: DEBUNKED

Status
Not open for further replies.